News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad. This style seems to be the prevailing preference everywhere now... even at my Hair Salon... they had to take down any personal items like kids photos, or even their own seasonal trinkets, and only the CORPORATE decor is now allowed. Push is for "clean, uncluttered, consistent" look. To me it's sterile, monotone, and boring. Hope this trend passes quickly.

SarcasticConcreteBinturong-max-1mb.gif

For better or worse, 10/27 was already planned as my Disney Springs day on my upcoming vacation ... already have reservations for The Boathouse and The Void. I shouldn't expect the Re-Opening to really bump up the crowds for Disney Spring that day? I figure at worst it'll be a bunch of bloggers mobbing the Disney store for a bit.
No it shouldn't increase crowds much other than the bloggers on hand. The store is open right now just portions closed off.

We usually don't get a tree until days before Christmas (frequently THE day before Christmas), though we do tend to leave it up until it dries out. The Christmas garland on the mantel never came down this year...

It's a store. I shouldn't be this mad but...here we are. The fact that Disney spent money on ruining this store, and that it seems to be the trend among the shops in the parks as well is insane.

It's not just the stores, look at the hotel refurbs......

I know some prefer the "cleaner" aesthetic, it's just not for me.

@TheMaxRebo had a good article a while back about the hotel refurbs.

They are likely going to be taping at Disneyland in November 15 based on the parade schedule for that week.
I hope you're right. My wife and I are headed to DL to celebrate our 40th birthdays plus our 10th anniversary that weekend. I know that the Christmas stuff opens while we are there and that it'll be crowded but am hoping we won't have to deal with tv stuff too.

Wwhhhhyyyyyy? I really wish we'd move away from reboots and have some new ideas for shows and movies. I get that some of the reboots do really well, but I miss original material so much.
Well to be fair, a lot of these reboots are nothing like the original. Sometimes all they keep is the name.

Well to be fair, a lot of these reboots are nothing like the original. Sometimes all they keep is the name.
Maybe, but I seem to think the structure of the reboots tends to be the same as the original. I just feel that there are many talented writers out there capable of bringing forth fresh material not based off of something popular many years ago. I'd rather have something new than watch a show with the same format and similar themes to a show that is 20+years old. Just my opinion.

I can't for the life of me find a working link to the new park ticket pricing. I've checked this thread, one devoted to the subject, and the WDW website, which just goes to a page saying to call them. Sigh. I just want to be able to plug in our January dates and see what the new ticket pricing is. Undercover Tourist is still showing the same pricing for their park hopper tickets as before 10/16. Was the change delayed?

I can't for the life of me find a working link to the new park ticket pricing. I've checked this thread, one devoted to the subject, and the WDW website, which just goes to a page saying to call them. Sigh. I just want to be able to plug in our January dates and see what the new ticket pricing is. Undercover Tourist is still showing the same pricing for their park hopper tickets as before 10/16. Was the change delayed?
No change is in effect. I priced tickets this morning. Maybe try a different browser? UT is authorized to sell the old tickets through 10/29.

Maybe, but I seem to think the structure of the reboots tends to be the same as the original. I just feel that there are many talented writers out there capable of bringing forth fresh material not based off of something popular many years ago. I'd rather have something new than watch a show with the same format and similar themes to a show that is 20+years old. Just my opinion.
I do agree, I'd prefer new things but just saying a lot of these reboots are new things just packaged in a way that makes marketing easier. Most network tv tends to be pretty similar structurally regardless of if it's a remake or original show and has been for a very long time. If you want unique you need to go to channels like hbo and fx or to streaming.

I mean .. yes .. it fits into the "story" of Disney Springs, but I though that look was going to be just limited to the "town center".
It just doesn't say "Disney Store" .. while the big signs ("Huggable") .. are cute .. they just aren't Disney unique .. looks like a Target.

Between this and the closing of "Once Upon A Toy" . .my son is going to have a very disappointed trip to Disney Springs -- he will be more attracted to the Lego Store .. BECAUSE of its larger than life sculptures and bright,colorful interior. He will walk into the World of Disney store and we'll immediately get the "boooorrrrring" whine.

So when is Disney Springs going to force the Lego Store and T-Rex and Rainforest Café to change their look? Those stick out like a sore thumb now with their giant volcanoes, and large Lego sculptures ---

Wwhhhhyyyyyy? I really wish we'd move away from reboots and have some new ideas for shows and movies. I get that some of the reboots do really well, but I miss original material so much.
Hopefully there are still several more shows to go, before they try to reboot "Cop Rock."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter