News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I still am in shock that this thing is not going to be air-conditioned.

That has been confirmed, right? I just don't get it.

Yes! And it's even the same ceiling although looking in different directions.

This is facing the same direction before the renovations
View attachment 359005

and after
View attachment 359006

Looks like it could be the inside of a Bass Pro Shop.

Although these pictures were from Google, I do have pictures somewhere of the ceiling before the renovations. LOL - somehow didn't feel inspired to take any pictures afterwards!

It’s uncommon and not very reliable in gondola systems.

Fair enough but how many gondola systems of the sort without are located in a climate like central Florida?

Maybe I'm off-base but it seems nuts to me. After riding the Dsneyland monorail in that much more mild climate, which is also not A/C'ed but has open windows for ventilation, it can get awfully sticky in those cars.

Rumor has it that Port Canaveral Minnie Van Rides began today at $240 one way. If that pricing is for the entire vehicle of 6 that could be bargain over Disney’s transfers at $75 per person.
That wouldn't be a bargain. It's about $70 dollars round trip from the airport or Walt Disney World to the cruise terminal. So, it would be about $35 one way per person. For one way transfers, it's $210 for a party of 6 using DCL transportation. I can see that using the Minnie Van is only 30 dollars more, but I find it only worth it if you have a party of 6.

Fair enough but how many gondola systems of the sort without are located in a climate like central Florida?

Maybe I'm off-base but it seems nuts to me. After riding the Dsneyland monorail in that much more mild climate, which is also not A/C'ed but has open windows for ventilation, it can get awfully sticky in those cars.

oh not this again please

That wouldn't be a bargain. It's about $70 dollars round trip from the airport or Walt Disney World to the cruise terminal. So, it would be about $35 one way per person. For one way transfers, it's $210 for a party of 6 using DCL transportation. I can see that using the Minnie Van is only 30 dollars more, but I find it only worth it if you have a party of 6.
I suppose. I find this pricing if you have a group much more reasonable than the pricing from WDW to MCO.

Moving from October to July ... this may be a positive as it sounds like Disney is thinking summer blockbuster for this film. Was GoTG3 originally scheduled for Summer 2020? Could this move also be to fill the GoTG gap?
I don't remember but thats possible.

Moving from October to July ... this may be a positive as it sounds like Disney is thinking summer blockbuster for this film. Was GoTG3 originally scheduled for Summer 2020? Could this move also be to fill the GoTG gap?
Fox also moved around a bunch of release dates this past week so it may have something to do with that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter