• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real symbol of the park is a question mark, because nobody really knows what it’ll be year to year
Well, the "current" symbol of the park is Tower of Terror. I don't think they can make the Chinese Theater the symbol due to copyright reasons.

Never seen that
On all of the "year" merchandise, Tower of Terror is the symbol of the park.

Well, the "current" symbol of the park is Tower of Terror. I don't think they can make the Chinese Theater the symbol due to copyright reasons.

Bought am xmas ornament last week with the 4 park icons in a glass mickey head, it has ToT. I think it went from the earful tower to ToT when they took earful down.

Bought am xmas ornament last week with the 4 park icons in a glass mickey head, it has ToT. I think it went from the earful tower to ToT when they took earful down.
I bought that same ornament last week also. :) I believe you are right as well.

Not worth an argument but with the Theater surrounded by construction walls on and off it is a tough case for using it as the current symbol. Before the hat the theater was the icon. I could be wrong but I believe the copyright issues were more rumor than truth.

I thought before the hat it was the Earful Tower that was the Icon :confused3
Comes and goes. I was simply making an observation with a bit of wondering. No intent to open a discussion on the historical aspects of the MGM/HS icon. We know that the park hasn’t had a true identity for some time now and until the make their anticipated announcement of name change/ reimagination nobody really knows where they are headed.

Been posting in the Separate Destination D thread and @AMusicLifeForMe has a lot of the details above but here are a few images shared so far

From temporary show at EPCOT that will feature classic EPCOT music before new HUGE show coming later
View attachment 365803

Star Wars Hotel - will be more like a cruise experience than hotel stay with all guests starting at same time. Will make it feel like you are “docking” at the hotel
View attachment 365804
View attachment 365805
View attachment 365806

Wonderful World of Animation nighttime show to start at DHS in May
View attachment 365807

New movie in Canada pavilion and New BatB sing along in France pavilion
View attachment 365808

Mickey next to a Skyliner cabin - attendees will get to go closer later
View attachment 365809
It’s like they had a good concept for an Epcot show with the temporary one, and then had to shove IP in for good measure with the replacement

NEWS

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway to open in Fall 2019

(Really seems like they are pushing Fall to be the time to go for new thing per- Star wars) - not much for summer

View attachment 365849
View attachment 365850

I know originally MMRR was supposed to open up ahead of Galaxy's Edge, but I wonder if now they are shifting towards trying to open them at the same time, or if they are both just opening later than expected and one will be early fall and the other late fall. I can't imagine opening them both on the same day would do much to relieve stress from GE, but it would certainly be interesting.

I know originally MMRR was supposed to open up ahead of Galaxy's Edge, but I wonder if now they are shifting towards trying to open them at the same time, or if they are both just opening later than expected and one will be early fall and the other late fall. I can't imagine opening them both on the same day would do much to relieve stress from GE, but it would certainly be interesting.
MMRR should be soft open August-September so before SWGE but not much.

Update on New Disney Deluxe Resort Coming to the Bay Lake Area:

"During his presentation, Chapek unveiled details about Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge, a deluxe, nature-inspired resort coming to Orlandothat will feature more than 900 hotel rooms andproposed Disney Vacation Club villas."
Reflections .DLL
Is it just the IT guy in me that thinks of the infamous blue screen of death when I see DLL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter