News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
"During his presentation, Chapek unveiled details about Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge, a deluxe, nature-inspired resort coming to Orlando that will feature more than 900 hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas."

gag. I mean, maximum gag. it was already the trifecta of heartbreak [bulldozing the past (inevitable but still sucks), ruining the present (the tranquility and remoteness of the Fort), and stealing my hope for the future (changing the previous design) but now they're just shoveling salt in the wound. thanks management. just for that, I'm buying less popcorn next week. :mad:

The hub was at capacity tonight at 8:45pm. They announced that people needed to stay put. HEA was at 9pm. DH and DS were at the park today. I went over for lunch, and it looked pretty crowded. I guess combo of holiday weekend and first day in 2 or 3 days without a party made for a crowded day.

Happy 90th Birthday to Mickey and Minnie Mouse who both continue to exhibit Walt’s sense of optimism and “can do” spirit

Minnie: “And I'll know he's the one when he makes me laugh."

Mickey: “Gosh, Minnie, you've always been a princess to me."

credit to Kevin and Jody who created the image

FC387700-FB3C-40DF-A996-CC5305844481.jpeg

I know originally MMRR was supposed to open up ahead of Galaxy's Edge, but I wonder if now they are shifting towards trying to open them at the same time, or if they are both just opening later than expected and one will be early fall and the other late fall. I can't imagine opening them both on the same day would do much to relieve stress from GE, but it would certainly be interesting.
All we really want to know is EXACT dates .. "early fall, fall, or late fall" doesn't really tell us anything.

We all know that these new attractions and land will open sometime between September and December. But the way that Disney vacations need to be planned nowadays, we almost need to know exact dates sometime soon.

I have a vacation planned for mid-October 2019 .. but I would definitely shift that if I would miss the opening of MRRW or the Skyliner. (I figure I will miss the SWGE opening no matter what).

All we really want to know is EXACT dates .. "early fall, fall, or late fall" doesn't really tell us anything.

We all know that these new attractions and land will open sometime between September and December. But the way that Disney vacations need to be planned nowadays, we almost need to know exact dates sometime soon.

I have a vacation planned for mid-October 2019 .. but I would definitely shift that if I would miss the opening of MRRW or the Skyliner. (I figure I will miss the SWGE opening no matter what).

As nice as that sounds, with huge construction projects they really can't nail down exact dates until they're 75-85% complete. Too many variables and not all of them in Disney's control (unless they build the weather dome LOL). Disney got in a lot of hot water when they sent out early commit dates on ROL and then missed the mark by almost a year, so I don't foresee them making that mistake ever again.

It's exciting how much is being renovated or added to WDW nowadays. Thank you Universal. Competition is good for the consumer.
My last trip was in March 2017.
When I went just last week there were two new lands and four (net-new) attractions to experience that weren't there just 18 months prior. (Toy Story Land and Pandora). Plus the redone "Grand Avenue" at DHS (which looks nice). There were some new night shows as well (that we just couldn't experience this time (small kids)).

If I go in 11 months (which is the plan) there will probably be another attractions (Mickey's Railway), another transporation system, a new night show at Epcot, as well as some new experiences (like Disney Junior dance party and the Lightning McQueen thing).

It's an exciting time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter