News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has the look of a place that either a) is trying to be everything to everyone or b) doesn't know what it is - as it has the gelato area and outside seating and then the bar area, but then some elements look fancier and have what looks like a private dining area, etc.

Will be interesting to see how it does

It has me beaming inside.

I think they were aiming for 'farmhouse chic', but missed the mark. The roofline, with the high center and buttressed sides, screams barn. The natural materials and wooden beams (too many...) as well.

The menu looks a lot like standard fare at any mid-level eatery. In my opinion, the whole setup would work better with a farm-to-market vibe. Time will tell if it is successful.

Don't like it. I'm going to assume it will be held on a sea day. It's already way too crowded on deck during those days. This will only make things worse. Deck parties usually mean closing the pools and Aquaduck...which is the last thing you want them to do.
Very valid points!! I find the pools are already closed more than I would like when I’m paying so much for a vacation. Last year on our Port day we planned to enjoy the pool in the morning when some were off the ship and were disappointed when it didn’t open until noon. Closing the pools on a sea day would be disappointing if that is what happens.

@mcd2745, do you know how long it takes them to close the pools for a deck party?

The Box you say...

Lotso: Take him to the Box...
Buzz: Sir, yes Sir...Prisoners sleep in their cells. Any prisoner caught outside their cells spends the night in the box. Roll call at dusk and dawn. Any prisoner misses roll call spends the night in the box. Prisoners do not speak unless spoken to. Any prisoner who talks back spends the night...
Jessie: ...In the box. We get it!

Very valid points!! I find the pools are already closed more than I would like when I’m paying so much for a vacation. Last year on our Port day we planned to enjoy the pool in the morning when some were off the ship and were disappointed when it didn’t open until noon. Closing the pools on a sea day would be disappointing if that is what happens.

@mcd2745, do you know how long it takes them to close the pools for a deck party?

I agree the pools are closed too much to begin with. It's a big pet peeve of mine. Pools (be it on the DCL ships or at the WDW resorts) should generally be open 24/7, closing only briefly for cleaning/maintenance during the overnight hours.

I've never really taken notice how early they close for parties. When they close them for the sail-away party...I guess it's usually a little before the muster drill. When it's done for the pirate party, we're usually at the show or getting ready for dinner so never noticed the time. The pools will probably close about 2 hours before this deck party is scheduled to start.

The Box you say...

Lotso: Take him to the Box...
Buzz: Sir, yes Sir...Prisoners sleep in their cells. Any prisoner caught outside their cells spends the night in the box. Roll call at dusk and dawn. Any prisoner misses roll call spends the night in the box. Prisoners do not speak unless spoken to. Any prisoner who talks back spends the night...
Jessie: ...In the box. We get it!

Um, I don't think them were Lincoln Logs...

Looks like Sept. 30th is the end date.
Yay! We can try for our May trip and out Sept trip

This has my dd all over it......making mental note to stock up on Starbuck's gcs.

Egads. We land at 0800 on monday after thanksgiving. On the plus side (maybe) we'll be Ubering to the dark side for 2 nights thus eliminating the need for DME..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter