News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

The entrance is absolutely beautiful with all the greenery and I love that there bringing back the original fountain! Also the Topiary rumor seems to be true as there's character topiaries in the concept art and I also noticed that there is no queue in front of spaceship earth. I know a lot of people are cautious of the direction Disney is going with Epcot but I think even Epcot purists should be satisfied with the news and concept art today.

Anyone notice that Innoventions West is not in the concept art... ;)

Maybe I missed it, but is there a higher resolution picture of the concept art for the front of EPCOT. Would like something bigger than the picture within the Disney Parks Blog post.

It's fascinating to see how open it is under Spaceship Earth. It looks like there will be some pretty significant changes to the first part of that ride (and end). I know concept art can be pretty different from reality, but that's striking.
I'm hoping it's changes for the good. Spaceship Earth refurb rumors have def. made me nervous for what they could do. That said the ride can become quite the bottle neck because it's the first attraction people see so you know gotta ride it first lol

We do have the answer though to where the Legacy stones should be going..at least at this moment..:

"Leave A Legacy photos will be moving into a beautiful setting just outside the park’s gateway."

I thought the concept for those was quite neat but it added quite the obstacle in the entrance of the park plus I always felt like it was just blasting radiant heat lol.

If the greenery in the concept art is what they do it won't be quite as bad of an obstacle and leaves for a better traffic flow IMO

Obviously removal of the leave a legacy stones. Addition of more greenery and it appears topiaries but that could be just during festival times. New look for the fountain that pay homage to the original. Innoventions West appears to be gone. New flags as decor. Stones will move to new area outside the entrance.

View attachment 383875
lol posted at the same time about the legacy stones.

Obviously removal of the leave a legacy stones. Addition of more greenery and it appears topiaries but that could be just during festival times. New look for the fountain that pay homage to the original. Innoventions West appears to be gone. New flags as decor. Stones will move to new area outside the entrance.

View attachment 383875

What's that Tan building on right of concept art between Spaceship Earth and Imagination Pavilion?

What's that Tan building on right of concept art between Spaceship Earth and Imagination Pavilion?
Maybe the Pixar Shorts theater? Obviously bigger than that should be. Doesn't look like Canada and it it further back than Imagination so its closer to World Showcase.

rsz_1rsz_screen_shot_2019-02-21_at_111244_am.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter