News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they really needed to get rid of Dragon Challenge. It didn’t dual anymore due to flying debris injuries”.

Disagree. Dueling was better, but they lost the best thrill "g" coaster(s) in Orlando IMO. Hulk doesn't "duel" so coasters are fine by themselves.

The new family coaster will be fun, and needed- but still comes at a a big expense.

Disagree. Dueling was better, but they lost the best thrill "g" coaster(s) in Orlando IMO. Hulk doesn't "duel" so coasters are fine by themselves.

The new family coaster will be fun, and needed- but still comes at a a big expense.

I believe the new Jurassic Park coaster is supposed to be very thrilling - so I think that one will more take the place of that element of Duelling Dragons (not that it will duel, just more extreme coaster)

Here's a hopeful, speculative take on what that new "play pavilion" coming to Epcot might entail:

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201902/6625/

That is one serious stretch of an article. I would agree there could definitely be an interactive element to the place. I can't really imagine they aren't going to at least re-purpose the "Body Wars" area - which currently is behind walls. I know they supposed raided all the simulators for parts for Star Tours, but there's still an area back there with 6 simulators bays. Wonder if we'll get more at D23. I am picturing that Disney just released this glimpse to steal a little thunder from the Hagrid Coaster...the timing is too spot on to not be purposeful.

I believe the new Jurassic Park coaster is supposed to be very thrilling - so I think that one will more take the place of that element of Duelling Dragons (not that it will duel, just more extreme coaster)

Good to hear.

But is that still losing the original J Park ride for that one? The old eatery area?

I just wish they were able to add rides, not take away so I'm hopeful on that one. Or at least take away crummy ones.

Good to hear.

But is that still losing the original J Park ride for that one? The old eatery area?

I just wish they were able to add rides, not take away so I'm hopeful on that one. Or at least take away crummy ones.

It is largely going by where the old triceratops meet was and I think will require moving the Rapter encounter .... I don't think anything major is being replaced so this is more of a net addition

Orlando-Park-Stop-Jurassic-Park-World-Coaster-Layout-IOA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter