News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I consider this a rumor since DVC hasn’t released this as true and owners have been asking DVC for answers why they were being removed. Many owners are getting different stories on this. I myself have gotten 3 different reasons for the missing rooms. Owners have been asking since beginning of January.
I believe at the last DVC meeting Disney did announce AKL as an upcoming refurb.

I believe at the last DVC meeting Disney did announce AKL as an upcoming refurb.
No they did not. The new renovations are Saratoga Springs in 2019 only. The following have been scheduled.

• 2020 – Aulani (Refresh)
  • 2021 – Hilton Head (Full refurb)
  • 2021 – Grand Floridian (Refresh)
  • 2021 – Boulder Ridge (Full refurb)
  • 2022 – Polynesian (Refresh)
Animal Kingdom was last refreshed in 2016 including these rooms.

No they did not. The new renovations are Saratoga Springs in 2019 only. The following have been scheduled.

• 2020 – Aulani (Refresh)
  • 2021 – Hilton Head (Full refurb)
  • 2021 – Grand Floridian (Refresh)
  • 2021 – Boulder Ridge (Full refurb)
  • 2022 – Polynesian (Refresh)
Animal Kingdom was last refreshed in 2016 including these rooms.
You’re right I just went back and looked. Not sure why I thought AKL wasn’t on the list.

You’re right I just went back and looked. Not sure why I thought AKL wasn’t on the list.
Disney is offering and has been offering these rooms for cash too during this time window. The DVC forums has a few threads to trying to figure out what is going on with these rooms. Though I understand the cash side can offer rooms it never intends to have because they can upgrade but it does frustrate DVC owners to remove them (be told different stories) and then rent them out.

The additional restriction is that if you have 10-day tickets but only a 4-night reservation, you will only be able to book fastpasses in your 60-day window for the part where you are on property (basically 5 days worth in this scenario). Then, you'll have to wait until your 30-day window opens to book the rest.

I *get* why they are doing this, but it is a bummer for those who may do a true on-site/off-site stay. A couple of years ago we stayed 3 or 4 nights on-site and then 4 or 5 off-site - so, not just a one-night “throw-away.”

I’m with @TheMaxRebo - I wonder what will happen if you reduce the number of days on your reservation, especially within the 30-day window.

I *get* why they are doing this, but it is a bummer for those who may do a true on-site/off-site stay. A couple of years ago we stayed 3 or 4 nights on-site and then 4 or 5 off-site - so, not just a one-night “throw-away.”

I’m with @TheMaxRebo - I wonder what will happen if you reduce the number of days on your reservation, especially within the 30-day window.

I get that, though the flip side is shouldn't someone who is doing all their nights on property have an advantage over those that split on- and off-site? At lest in your situation you would get the 64 days to book FP that should get you access to most attractions

I can understand why people who have been able to take advantage of this in the past would be disappointed, but the 60-day window is a perk for staying on site. Why should that perk extend THROUGH the off-site stay? I'm not picking on you, just seeing it from Disney's side and the side of the people who stay on-site for their entire trip.

The additional restriction is that if you have 10-day tickets but only a 4-night reservation, you will only be able to book fastpasses in your 60-day window for the part where you are on property (basically 5 days worth in this scenario). Then, you'll have to wait until your 30-day window opens to book the rest.
So this stops the "rolling 60-day window" that you used to get for using a throwaway room?
I did a throwaway room (a true one -- I kept and paid for one night at the campsites) - and I was able to make Fast Passes at 60 days for my check-in date and 61 days for my check-out date. I could then make FPs for later days in my trip every day after that .. I just had to wait until 60 days before that day.

I'm okay with closing that (it didn't make sense to me) - my guess is they just allowed this "flexibility" but now (with the supposed increased guests) they are trying to help the FP+ system not become overloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter