News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that, though the flip side is shouldn't someone who is doing all their nights on property have an advantage over those that split on- and off-site? At lest in your situation you would get the 64 days to book FP that should get you access to most attractions

I’m concerned with how this will affect split stays all on-site. Split stays are already at a disadvantage for booking ADRs. With a 10 day stay I can look for FOP for a later time like day 7 now, but will a split stay be treated as two 5 day stays now? I wonder if I’ll have to wake up early twice to make my FP now, too :crazy2:

I’m concerned with how this will affect split stays all on-site. Split stays are already at a disadvantage for booking ADRs. With a 10 day stay I can look for FOP for a later time like day 7 now, but will a split stay be treated as two 5 day stays now? I wonder if I’ll have to wake up early twice to make my FP now, too :crazy2:

I'm in a similar boat, but I just have a 1-night stay tacked onto the beginning of a 9-night stay. Our park tickets were purchased separately though, so they aren't part of a package. I'm hoping we'll be able to do the whole thing beginning on day 1, but if I have to wake up two mornings in a row to get it all done, so be it.

That's what it appears is happening - but hopefully that is either not the case in reality (just a glitch today) or they change it

Okay is this a direct reaction to Tron coming to MK? I have to admit I am not into the Universal vs. Disney talks, but this seems really coincidental

No, they really needed to get rid of Dragon Challenge. It didn’t dual anymore due to flying debris injuries. Also, it was a poorly re-themed ride from the previous land before the Wizarding World was built.

Not really, this Potter coaster is more like Seven Dwarves mine train, except longer, and more elaborate. A forested track with animatronic creatures all over and a bunch of surprise track elements. Tron is a short, more thrilling type of thing that already exists in China.

I have heard rumors from a reliable source the it will have the most number of launches in Orlando, including a backwards one, I think. It’s definitely less thrilling than Dragon Challenge, but I don’t think the comparison to Tron will be that clear cut. I think Universal over-stated when they said “family friendly”.

I have heard rumors from a reliable source the it will have the most number of launches in Orlando, including a backwards one, I think. It’s definitely less thrilling than Dragon Challenge, but I don’t think the comparison to Tron will be that clear cut. I think Universal over-stated when they said “family friendly”.

I think "family friendly" at Universal is a bit more thrilling that "family friendly" at Disney

it's in the dedicated thread in this forum - but that thread is moving fast so losing track exactly where is is :rotfl:
I found it. Yeah, that's going to really suck for people who either can't afford to stay deluxe for their entire trip or just like to split their time between a couple different resorts. Makes me wonder if Disney wants the practice to end though? I mean, when they move your bags for you from one resort to another, there's obviously a cost involved there. Maybe they would really rather have people pick one resort for their entire trip and not do all the moving around. <shrug> I have no idea really if that's what they want, but I'm guessing that'll be the effect.

I found it. Yeah, that's going to really suck for people who either can't afford to stay deluxe for their entire trip or just like to split their time between a couple different resorts. Makes me wonder if Disney wants the practice to end though? I mean, when they move your bags for you from one resort to another, there's obviously a cost involved there. Maybe they would really rather have people pick one resort for their entire trip and not do all the moving around. <shrug> I have no idea really if that's what they want, but I'm guessing that'll be the effect.

Ideally Disney would want you in Deluxe all the time, but with the split stay you do get 2 sets of magic bands and the moving of the luggage and the additional administrative burden, etc.

Where this could be a negative is the people who were adding in a few days at a deluxe with the rest of their trip and moderates or values who would then just do the entire stay at a moderate or value - so Disney would lose out on a bit of extra $ ... BUT I think they think demand is going to be so high for on site stays that there will be people to fill that Deluxe room so they aren't worried about that

One of the things on the list always catches my eye; the croc in Living with the Land that doesn't rise up. Isn't that one of the things they turned off after the little boy, Lane Graves, was killed by an alligator at GF? It seems I remember that (but could be wrong), perhaps they just never turned it on again...
Not sure if that’s the case or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter