• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

I may have to start training my pancreas before our May trip. Since I've been eating Keto, sugar has not seen this body. Surely it's forgotten how to metabolize glucose! I don't know how I can pass these up.

I know what my co-workers are getting as Christmas presents this year! Disney socks! And those Easter Eggs! I would totally buy them if they were in sculpture form as a decoration on my Easter buffet! As an aside, we're doing the cake decorating at Amorette's in early September and we're (I'm) really looking forward to that. Those cakes always look to good to eat but since I'm training my pancreas, I might as well give it a go.

I may have to start training my pancreas before our May trip. Since I've been eating Keto, sugar has not seen this body. Surely it's forgotten how to metabolize glucose! I don't know how I can pass these up.

We have been keto for a 1 1/2 years, except at Disney. We went 5 times in the last year. The first day is usually the worst but the body adjusts well. 4 out of the 5 trips I felt like breaking keto actually jump started my weight loss when we got home. If that is why you are doing it. Although the first few days home are rough breaking the sugar cycle. I have lost 100 lbs and I don’t think I would have stuck with it without having Disney to look forward too.

We have been keto for a 1 1/2 years, except at Disney. We went 5 times in the last year. The first day is usually the worst but the body adjusts well. 4 out of the 5 trips I felt like breaking keto actually jump started my weight loss when we got home. If that is why you are doing it. Although the first few days home are rough breaking the sugar cycle. I have lost 100 lbs and I don’t think I would have stuck with it without having Disney to look forward too.

We don't eat keto, but we are healthy eaters and I don't have a large appetite.

About a week before we go to Disney, I swear I start eating chips and fast food, to get my stomach ready! This way I avoid the tummy troubles when I get to Disney from all the (good) bad food! :)

No I don't have an issue with them donating to charities. It just to me that I don't think this should be paid for by corporate gifts. Private, French Government and the church, sure - but I don' think this is something that corporations should be getting involved with. Though as I said, I am not like angry about it or anything - just stating an opinion. My original point was that the announcement about the solar system is something that likely costs the company money - at least in the short term, but really shows good forethought and benefitting the environment as well as being a PR move. Donating to Notre Dame is purely a PR move.
ALL corporate donations are part doing something good, part PR move. This is no different.

You compared apples and oranges -- an investment to a donation. Makes no sense.

I'm glad that most people I've seen disagree with you on this. I'll leave it at that.

We are similar. Keto at home, but there are no carbs at Disney ;) . It does help to have that break to look forward to.

With all the costumes for SWGE in the merch teaser video, I wonder how DHS is going to handle costumed adults? They're building that immersive hotel, where (I assume) all guests will be allowed to be costumed and then have direct access to Galaxy's Edge. I'm just curious how that might work.

With all the costumes for SWGE in the merch teaser video, I wonder how DHS is going to handle costumed adults? They're building that immersive hotel, where (I assume) all guests will be allowed to be costumed and then have direct access to Galaxy's Edge. I'm just curious how that might work.

I was wondering that myself - would think it would be hard to sell all these robes and costume looking things but then tell people thy can't wear them

I think for those staying at the hotel it will be a little different as I expect them to have some exclusive time/access to Galaxy's Edge and think they will be able to wear costumes then that tie into the roles they are playing during their stay (so will be costumes provided to them by Disney as part of their stay)

I watched their promo video on Universal's website (though seriously Tom Felton..I can't get over his hair lol). Anyways I don't know if that's been posted on this thread before but it's easy to find on their website. It really makes you get in the excitement mood for the coaster. The way the ride vehicle is too it's going to make you want to ride it at least twice switching places. I like seeing all these creatures revealed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter