• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called and the CM I spoke with had no idea what the message I see on my confirmation means and assured me the BOG breakfast and lunch are absolutely QS credits
I think y’all are reading that wrong. I think they are saying the refillable mugs are not accepted. Maybe people were bringing their resort mugs and trying to get drinks at BOG.

Not an expert but appears a lot of people are going to see this movie

And I am just sitting in the corner with my fingers in my ears trying to avoid spoilers as we aren't seeing it until next weekend

I'm in your camp, I'm not seeing it until I come home from college on May 11th. I had to unfollow and block a few people on twitter as some people just can't resist posting spoilers.

And I am just sitting in the corner with my fingers in my ears trying to avoid spoilers as we aren't seeing it until next weekend
Yeah we are not going until next weekend at the earliest because we can't get anyone to watch DS until then but it is tough to wait.

Ha! I read all the spoilers because I'm not a big Avengers Fan (just GoTG. I will say I am beyond excited for The Joker - Joaquin Phoenix blew me away in trailer).
Micky is waiting to see it when he visits his dad in a few weeks, so every-time he annoys me, I threaten to spill it! We're getting a lot of stuff done this weekend. ;)

We just had a lot going on the weekend and couldn't get a baby sitter for the times we could do. The inlaws will be in town next week so we can go then (maybe we can go twice ;) )

Same! We could get tickets for during the week, but no one wants to babysit for a 3 hour movie on a week night. I'm just trying to hide from everyone/everything until next Saturday.

I'm a day late and a dollar short to weigh in on this (as usual, which is the main reason I don't post much). But I wanted to weigh in on this one, as we had a similar experience.

After about 1/3 of the way through Pirates (which is like 20 minutes long at DL) it became clear these girls behind us were not going to stop talking the entire ride and didn't take the hint from me turning around a few times so I finally asked them if they stop talking and when they gave me lip I told them it's rude and inconsiderate and ruins the immersion for others. They just rolled their eyes at me but they did keep it down for the most part after that. But after the ride was over they informed me that "that's just what people do on rides at Disneyland." I don't doubt that they are right that locals chat on rides with no regard for how it bothers guests and first timers or simply people who didn't choose to spend their day by listening to strangers conversations. But the idea that everyone does something so it makes it ok really made me mad. I wanted to tell them Walt would be disappointed in them, but even in my head I knew that sounded super lame and nerdy.

In our case, the couple behind us in Pirates would not stop talking, loudly, about anything and everything (except pirates). We heard all about their issues with a family member, their plotting to get out of a dinner with an aunt, their car in the auto shop, what they wanted to do next weekend, and on and on it went, completely taking us out of the ride mood. One member of our party finally turned and quietly put a finger to his lips. In response, for the 2nd half of the ride, we got to hear about how the couple really, really felt like beating someone up (describing us as they discussed it). Talk about not enjoying that ride!

Even though we live in California, my husband has very little interest in going to Disneyland any longer. He thinks it's too overrun with people who are just hanging out at the park with zero actual interest in the attractions or shows, or any care whatsoever about people who are trying to enjoy the park experience (this was not our only such experience, though it was probably the worst). Fortunately for me, he does still love Disney World in Florida.

I'll join you, as we aren't seeing it until next weekend either. I figure it will be a miracle if we last that long without spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter