• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly APs but I would not be surprised if in the future even for regular tickets you have to register a park (already have to pick a day)
But you already pick a park by picking fast passes. Although WDW is not doing the multi park FP so that sort of goes opposite of DL.

But you already pick a park by picking fast passes. Although WDW is not doing the multi park FP so that sort of goes opposite of DL.
Right but what if you couldn't park hop to another park even having park hoppers, like a park was blocked out (like the PP mentioning DHS). Or if they did a reservation system only where you had to reserve to go to AK for example rather than simply being able to park hop to it with no restrictions (other than phased closures which are not very common). I think that's more like what I meant (and probably along the same lines-ish) as the other poster meant which is why I said I wouldn't like it if Park Hopping no longer was like what park hopping is now. This is irrespective of FPs IMO because truly FPs don't mean you lock yourself into a park as in you can't change your plans. My worry would be they make it so you couldn't change your plans and were locked, truly locked, into adhering to some sort of reservation you made.

Right but what if you couldn't park hop to another park even having park hoppers, like a park was blocked out (like the PP mentioning DHS). Or if they did a reservation system only where you had to reserve to go to AK for example rather than simply being able to park hop to it with no restrictions (other than phased closures which are not very common). I think that's more like what I meant (and probably along the same lines-ish) as the other poster meant which is why I said I wouldn't like it if Park Hopping no longer was like what park hopping is now. This is irrespective of FPs IMO because truly FPs don't mean you lock yourself into a park as in you can't change your plans. My worry would be they make it so you couldn't change your plans and were locked, truly locked, into adhering to some sort of reservation you made.
That would definitely suck but Disney would also loose a ton of money at that point. I'm guessing that would be the tipping point for a lot of people.

Personally, and as a DLR AP holder, I love it. Yes, it’s more planning for those with this pass but is also a huge improvement on the old lower tier pass, which made most weekends straight-up blocked. We can really only go on weekends with our schedule and so we have the Sig+ pass. This might allow us to get a cheaper pass and still go on weekends. Our lives are pretty scheduled so we typically know which days in a month that we’re going to Disneyland so this would make sense for us.

Last edited:

That would definitely suck but Disney would also loose a ton of money at that point. I'm guessing that would be the tipping point for a lot of people.

I think some people here vastly overestimate the need to plan ahead. With a few notable exceptions, it's possible to get Fast Passes for most attractions if you are flexible with times. Many Floridians are used to making last-minute trips to Disney World. And by last-minute I mean deciding at noon you want to go and showing up at a theme park 4 or 5 hours later.

Because of the MyMagic+ program, Disney has tons of data. They know how many people make those last-minute trips, how much they pay for lodging (if they stay on-site), and how much they spend in food, beverage, and merchandise.

Without proprietary information, I can only speculate. But, I do firmly agree with you when you write that any move to make park hopper harder will result in a financial loss.

NEWS/RUMOR

Hadn't seen this before - Disney may look to acquire the NFL Ticket when contract with DirectTV expires in 2022

Now, reading the actual quotes from Iger is seems more like a "we explore all options" thing vs something close to being a reality ... BUT I think that makes ESPN+ way more attractive if it included the NFL Ticket

https://www.12up.com/posts/6364878-...sunday-ticket-for-espn-package/partners/41019

Did Casey's get rid of their footlong hot dogs!? I'm not seeing them on the menu anymore. This will bum me out quite a bit as it was a great value to cut up and share and still walk away quite full.

Did Casey's get rid of their footlong hot dogs!? I'm not seeing them on the menu anymore. This will bum me out quite a bit as it was a great value to cut up and share and still walk away quite full.
That would be very surprising but you are right, I don't see them on the menu.

RUMOR (confirmation of rumor?)

So pretty sure @rteetz posted this a while ago so not really new here but BlogMickey is now reporting about WiFi being added to the buses and says that "there is already active work" going on around this

http://blogmickey.com/2019/05/rumor-wi-fi-to-be-added-to-buses-at-walt-disney-world-resort/
It's great to have this confirmed!! I tried on a few different buses last week and it wasn't functioning on any of those but it's wonderful new for those of us who rely on Disney's WiFi while on vacation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter