News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think a virtual queue sounds awful. It'll be filled by 6:30 am. Get filled with a ton of people that'd never wait 5 hours in a line, but have no problem putting their name on a list. Then all of those people will fluid the rest of the park all day, nothing like a 2 hour line for Little Mermaid.

I do think how to book your virtual queue spot will be interesting - and do they let those staying on property have special access to get a spot in the queue? I agree with the challenge if they are all gone by 6:30am .... but also think the idea of standing in a 5 hour line to just get into a land sounds pretty terrible and definitely not something Disney wants - they want you out and in the shops and buying food, etc. And just the management of a line that long all day every day

probably not perfect solution but I really can't see them just doing a straight up queue

RUMOR

Details on potential Wreck it Ralph attraction to replace Stitch in MK ... every guest would have a game controller

https://wdwnt.com/2019/05/rumor-eve...eck-it-ralph-attraction-at-the-magic-kingdom/

Unless every guest has a screen, I just don’t see everybody having their own controller working very well. I still think Ralph is an odd choice for Tomorrowland considering he’s meant to be a relic from the past. But it would probably be better than just an empty building, at least aethestically it could work in the land.

Unless every guest has a screen, I just don’t see everybody having their own controller working very well. I still think Ralph is an odd choice for Tomorrowland considering he’s meant to be a relic from the past. But it would probably be better than just an empty building, at least aethestically it could work in the land.

Definitely not perfect ... but if it is shifting to more of a "retro view of what we thought the future would be" (which, I mean, Space Mountain and Tron sort of fit into - Tron feels like a very 80s take on what the future will look like) then I think it could fit into that

It makes the sound of blowing out the torches at the start of illuminations.

I have that band, never heard the audio with that one. Often the sound seems to be turned off/not working at the tapstiles. I'll check next time I'm at Epcot.

Definitely not perfect ... but if it is shifting to more of a "retro view of what we thought the future would be" (which, I mean, Space Mountain and Tron sort of fit into - Tron feels like a very 80s take on what the future will look like) then I think it could fit into that
It certainly could fit into that if they tweak or maybe just focus on the sequel more so. But I’m skeptical of this rumor because it’s been floating around for so long and since the sequel didn’t exactly do well.

It certainly could fit into that if they tweak or maybe just focus on the sequel more so. But I’m skeptical of this rumor because it’s been floating around for so long and since the sequel didn’t exactly do well.

I agree - and one reason I was clear to label my post as "RUMOR" .... guess until something more concrete is determined people will continue to speculate about what will happen with that space

But definitely better properties to be used ... heck, would be pretty easy to use that same basic layout for a Meet the Robinson's themed attraction

NEWS

"Short Circuit" coming to Disney+

Disney is launching “Walt Disney Animation Studios: Short Circuit Experimental Films”, which will be a program where anyone at the Walt Disney Animation Studios can pitch an idea and potentially be selected to create an original short film with the support of the Studio and their fellow artists.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/05/disney-teases-short-circuit-animated-short-films/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter