• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is great as an option for sure! ... also for runners and joggers and stuff to be able to go further (though still don't think you can do a full loop as no walkway between Contemporary and TTC, correct?)

There used to be a walkway a long time ago ('86) that went from the TTC to the Contemporary. Back then they had a bunch of Topiary along the walkway. I don't think it's there anymore now though.

This would also explain the crane in the latest photos in the other thread near the canal.

A quick search for Disney resorts at the end of Oct, Nov and Dec shows a huge problem for Disney. Those are typically some the strongest weeks for Disney and other than Ft Wilderness, just about everything is available.
Not releasing free dining or any discounts is really backfiring and everyday they wait is pushing people to make other holiday/vacation plans.

For the first time in forever(Frozen reference haha) we may see an overall downturn in attendance at WDW. I guess DHS will be substantially up but with this slow summer and an even slower fall, it's almost certain to be the case.

It's stunning. The year that STAR WARS gets a land in WDW will be the first year that overall attendance and occupancy is DOWN since the Great Recession!

I wonder if Universal/Comcast is laughing about all of this?

Im interesting in seeing if Disney does add topiary along the MK walk from GF, unlike the Contempt walkway there is more than enough room to plus this up, add some outdoor speakers along with the lighting and pop out some disney tunes while we walk, We prob wont see it because there is no benefit from that cost add on, but it would be nice.

you are right, for some reason I thought in my head they had given like a month, not just "Spring" but yeah, since just Spring I could see this pushing to later in the Spring. Plus with RotR now only December, then in DLR in January, no need to get then next high tech E-ticker ride open right away, spread it out a bit. So yeah, May or June would be my guess now

The other factor playing a role is the construction on the Rat ride which last I heard was a bit ahead of schedule - so I would think they would wnat to space out the openings of MMRR and Rat so if Rat is ready really early would that push back MMRR even more?

Pretty sure they said "February" for MMRR.

This GF walkway to MK technically means you can now walk from the TTC and Poly to the MK too!

I can't wait to do a run from the TTC to the Contemporary.

It’s why I don’t go to the theater as much anymore. But sometimes I get lucky and it’s only $28. I’m outside Boston. To be fair though, the theater is quite nice and serves very good steak. And they also police nonsense quite well so people don’t interrupt the film.

Im just north of Boston and have never paid that much. I would die haha. But I have definitely been close especially after the mall by me was remodeled with seat selection etc. I pay more for that theater than if I were to go to the Jordans IMAX

This GF walkway to MK technically means you can now walk from the TTC and Poly to the MK too!

I can't wait to do a run from the TTC to the Contemporary.

You will prob have to stop at least 1 security checkpoint along the way, maybe 2 depending on how the security bubble is changed

Cool .. some people just like walking as an option as opposed to waiting a long time for boats or monorail (though those are fun and relaxing options).
I always walk between EP and DHS. I won't ever pay for GF, but if I did I'd always walk there too.

Ugh. This sounds like a pattern of knee jerk cost cutting measures in response to Galaxy’s Edge’s soft returns.
Maybe they should look at cutting prices, not service. It seems to me all the cost increases (including the added blackout days) has finally caught up to them. When you've fallen off the cliff, you don't get people back by making the cost/service ratio even worse.

Maybe they should look at cutting prices, not service. It seems to me all the cost increases (including the added blackout days) has finally caught up to them. When you've fallen off the cliff, you don't get people back by making the cost/service ratio even worse.
Completely agree. What’s going to happen when we hit a recession?

I love WDW but always makes me sad when things are cut and service deteriorates with no clear replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter