• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are right, for some reason I thought in my head they had given like a month, not just "Spring" but yeah, since just Spring I could see this pushing to later in the Spring. Plus with RotR now only December, then in DLR in January, no need to get then next high tech E-ticker ride open right away, spread it out a bit. So yeah, May or June would be my guess now

The other factor playing a role is the construction on the Rat ride which last I heard was a bit ahead of schedule - so I would think they would wnat to space out the openings of MMRR and Rat so if Rat is ready really early would that push back MMRR even more?
My guess (speculation) is that it will just get delayed further into 2020 because the rush isn't there anymore.
They don't "need" the attraction in a rush anymore. It felt like they were trying to get it done before SWGE to have yet another attraction to spread crowds at DHS for the opening of SWGE. Since they failed to do that, I guess there is no rush to get it open. Just a shame the centerpiece of the park sits empty. Maybe that's why we got the "surprise" attraction of Lightning McQueen's racing academy to fill that gap and spread crowds (as far away from SWGE as physically possible).

Well...that blows. :headache:

bummer - unless they would overlap AP previews with those guess I won't be there for the AP previews. Oh well
Me either we were thinking of squeezing a last min trip in Aug 5-10 with the ability to extend a few days if needed but not that long. Boo.

Forgive me, this is off topic, but I don't know where I would even post this. Lately the DISBoards site has been redirecting me to some other sketchy pages.

Just a few minutes a ago I was reading this thread and clicked to go to the next page and I was redirected to a page telling me to update my flash player. Something similar happened earlier this week as well.

We pay $30 per ticket already now, I wouldn’t be shocked to see them rise to $40-50 over the next few years for the more desired showtimes.

That may work in major metro areas, where housing costs limit space, but in suburbia good luck trying to get a family of 4 to drop $300 on a movie when 75" 4K TVs have dropped to the $1K mark. Applying Moore's Law 85" TVs will get down to that price within the next 3 years.

Last edited:
To all the Gulf Coast forum members be safe and careful during the storm!

Thank you! We cut our beach trip short and came home yesterday instead of today. I live in Baton Rouge and we don't know what will happen. Storm is coming right up the middle of LA.

Forgive me, this is off topic, but I don't know where I would even post this. Lately the DISBoards site has been redirecting me to some other sketchy pages.

Just a few minutes a ago I was reading this thread and clicked to go to the next page and I was redirected to a page telling me to update my flash player. Something similar happened earlier this week as well.

There is or used to be a tech support forum, but it may not be the site that is actually causing the redirect on your computer or phone. I would suggest you seek out a qualified computer technician or a commercial (best buy- staples-other box stores) pc repair agent in person if you are unable to resolve the issue on your own. This site never redirects me and Im on it at least 8 hours a day m-f

Are you using a mobile browser or your desktop/laptop when it happens?

I was getting HORRIBLE redirects on my iPhone a few weeks ago. I downloaded and added a content blocker and all my issues were solved.

We paid $6/ticket for Toy Story 4 on opening weekend. Pretty sure I paid $10 for Endgame opening weekend for a Saturday night show. You are way overpaying, popcorn is supposed to cost $30, not tickets! 😉

It;s for Lux Level seating, not just a general theater. SHowcase Cinemas has some theaters where there is a special seating area that is adult only, you can order cocktails and food (and your movie ticket usually comes with a free drink ticket). The tickets are more expensive than regular movie tickets in the same theater because you have special seating and a server taking care of you.

Looks like Walkway from GF to MK is confirmed by Disney!

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/new...connecting-grand-floridian-and-magic-kingdom/

In a statement, an official said, “This walking path from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will give our Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests another convenient way to reach Magic Kingdom Park.”
Cool .. some people just like walking as an option as opposed to waiting a long time for boats or monorail (though those are fun and relaxing options).

Are you using a mobile browser or your desktop/laptop when it happens?

I was getting HORRIBLE redirects on my iPhone a few weeks ago. I downloaded and added a content blocker and all my issues were solved.
I've gotten this before to and the only way to get out of it is to close your browser. My guess is they just have a bad ad (that they probably don't have control over) on the site.

I've gotten this before to and the only way to get out of it is to close your browser. My guess is they just have a bad ad (that they probably don't have control over) on the site.
Agreed.

The content blocker killed the twitter integration on the upgraded boards (I added it prior to the switch), but it’s easier for me to view at work on my phone so it’s a decent trade off 😂

Cool .. some people just like walking as an option as opposed to waiting a long time for boats or monorail (though those are fun and relaxing options).

it is great as an option for sure! ... also for runners and joggers and stuff to be able to go further (though still don't think you can do a full loop as no walkway between Contemporary and TTC, correct?)

it is great as an option for sure! ... also for runners and joggers and stuff to be able to go further (though still don't think you can do a full loop as no walkway between Contemporary and TTC, correct?)
Correct not a full loop, but it is nice that all the stops on the resort line are at least connected by foot in the event you need to walk it. I am also wondering if this has anything to do with monorail capacity during the rehab/upgrade? Whatever the reason I am ecstatic! 🤩

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter