News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
:scared:

Where in the world do you pay $30 a ticket for a normal showing?
Outside of something like Force Awakens coming out after decades of Star Wars movie drought, I can't think of any movie I'd pay $50 to see in the theater. I'll wait and watch it in the comfort of my home on my big TV... like I do with most movies already. :)

It’s why I don’t go to the theater as much anymore. But sometimes I get lucky and it’s only $28. I’m outside Boston. To be fair though, the theater is quite nice and serves very good steak. And they also police nonsense quite well so people don’t interrupt the film.

It’s why I don’t go to the theater as much anymore. But sometimes I get lucky and it’s only $28. I’m outside Boston. To be fair though, the theater is quite nice and serves very good steak. And they also police nonsense quite well so people don’t interrupt the film.
Sounds like the iPic theaters around here. Splurged to watch the Star Wars movies there at $28/ticket. The menus are pretty fancy... but of course you pay for the food in addition to the ticket.

iPic theaters, maybe? That's about what they run around here.
:eek:

Um yeah that's a hard heck to the no for me lol

we go to the Alamo here (north of NYC) which has really good food and drinks and craft beers and stuff - and also polices stuff (no kids allowed, no use of phones, no arriving late, etc.) - but the tickets themselves are only $15 ... they get you on the food/drink bill (although, it isn't really any more than like a regular restaurant would be)

granted we have to add about $50 for a babysitter to that

Sounds like the iPic theaters around here. Splurged to watch the Star Wars movies there at $28/ticket. The menus are pretty fancy... but of course you pay for the food in addition to the ticket.
:eek:

Um yeah that's a hard heck to the no for me lol
we go to the Alamo here (north of NYC) which has really good food and drinks and craft beers and stuff - and also polices stuff (no kids allowed, no use of phones, no arriving late, etc.) - but the tickets themselves are only $15 ... they get you on the food/drink bill (although, it isn't really any more than like a regular restaurant would be)

granted we have to add about $50 for a babysitter to that

It’s worth it to me every so often. Like I said the food is great (and $5 of the ticket goes towards your food), the seats are all set in pairs so you don’t have anybody too close if you go in even groups. Nobody under 21 for nighttime shows, unless it is a pg rated film. For opening weekends you get special stuff, so for the last Bond film we got free Martinis. You always get free popcorn. Lay flat heated recliners. It’s better to think of it as a steakhouse with a movie screen than a theater with food. Of course Alamo sounds much better especially for half the price.

It’s worth it to me every so often. Like I said the food is great (and $5 of the ticket goes towards your food), the seats are all set in pairs so you don’t have anybody too close if you go in even groups. Nobody under 21 for nighttime shows, unless it is a pg rated film. For opening weekends you get special stuff, so for the last Bond film we got free Martinis. You always get free popcorn. Lay flat heated recliners. It’s better to think of it as a steakhouse with a movie screen than a theater with food. Of course Alamo sounds much better especially for half the price.

I am also outside of Boston and would like to know where this theater is :) I'm guessing not on the South Shore or I'd have already found it!

Con: these are dangerous for my husband... 😴 Can turn into a VERY expensive nap...

I am also outside of Boston and would like to know where this theater is :) I'm guessing not on the South Shore or I'd have already found it!
Chestnut Hill, Showcase Superlux. There are other options, but they are not good to say the least. Apart from the $5 second run theater that we go to for old films.

Yeah it’s going to overwhelm the park. It’s going to be crowded no doubt. You won’t see 10 minute waits for Slinky dog. Even during this relatively soft summer waits at the studios are pretty decent.
I probably should have softened my terms. I meant in a relative sense to initial expectations

I assume just as far as the level of technical challenges and that they can't get it to work reliably

Hopefully not in the "we didn't bank the turns or reinforce the supports" kind of way
Kind of like a repeat of the Yeti 😉

We pay $30 per ticket already now, I wouldn’t be shocked to see them rise to $40-50 over the next few years for the more desired showtimes.
We paid $6/ticket for Toy Story 4 on opening weekend. Pretty sure I paid $10 for Endgame opening weekend for a Saturday night show. You are way overpaying, popcorn is supposed to cost $30, not tickets! 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter