News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

Honestly, as much as I enjoy the show, this is probably for the best given how convoluted the storylines have been the last few seasons
Marvel just struggles on TV for some reason, frankly shocked it lasted this long. Agent Carter was a much better show than Agents of Shield .. with a much smaller cast and less convoluted plotlines, it was way more enjoyable.

I struggled to get through the first half of the second season of Agents of Shield. It just felt like they had a good premise and formula that they had to totally turn on its head because of the events of Captain America Winter Soldier. Tieing it into the MCU didnt help it from my standpoint, since they so loosely were connected.

Everyone is welcome to her or his own opinion. But personally, I'd call this good IT, not bad.

Instead of potentially crashing the site, Disney only allows a certain number of people to access the databases at the same time. And instead of a generic "come back later" message, they seem to be placing people in a queue.

Yes, scrappinginontario is correct. Disney+ is completely separate from Disney World's IT folks.

I was on the Training Team for the resort reservations upgrade that happened with the MyMagic+ initiative. Without getting into proprietary information, I can say that Disney was limited as to what they could do to modernize their systems. The reservations system needs to be able to accessible to third-party systems that travel agencies and airlines use. Those systems (GDS = Global Distribution System) have been around for decades. As such, Disney had to design around the requirements of the GDS.

In contrast, streaming video is "new" technology. My current job involves displaying video content on websites. As I understand it, streaming video far less complex than the various components required on for the travel-related systems to run.
It's bad in that every time they have high usage they have to go into load shedding or hang ups. This can be a daily issue at 7 am when there FPPs open.

Designing for GDS is a pain, I'm sure, but Disney's isn't handling anywhere near the requests as a major airline or online TA like Expedia.

My big concern Disney+ really comes from how poor my experience with WatchESPN has been for years.

Glad I have a fast pass for that in a few weeks.
We ended up getting an additional same day fast pass for that yesterday and that was one of the hottest lines we were in. It’s amazing how much of a difference that awning creates. Hopefully they’ll have coverage/shade by the time you go.

ETA: However they did ‘conveniently’ place an ice cream cart halfway down the que.

Last edited:
*Non-Spoiler Review*

I just got back from seeing the Lion King. I would like to preface that I was in the Disney Parks Blog Meet-up. So, I don't know how much of my experience is tainted or not because of that. I will say that I was in the same room as Don Hahn, and that was purely amazing!

Anyways...to the film...

The film is visually beautiful. You can't really tell that it is all animated/CGI. John Favreau has mentioned that out of 1,400 different shots, there is one real image. I really couldn't figure out where it was in the film.

The music was as beautiful as it always has been. I really enjoyed all of the songs except for one...

My main issue comes with the script writing at some of the parts of the film. The film either seemed too slow at times or it seemed very rushed. There were also moments of the film where you can literally tell that they were trying to make this film longer than the animated movie.

My highlight character of the film was Scar. I really enjoyed how Scar was portrayed in this film. With the other characters, I enjoyed how some differences from the animated film gave some other characters more prominence.

There was quite a bit of humor in this film that really made a lot of sense. I would also like to point out that there is one particular moment of this film where I laughed longer than I have ever laughed in a Disney movie. It was pure genius!

I'm very hesitant to give a score on this film since I love the Lion King so much. If I was to give it a rating...as of now...I would give it a 8 out of 10. I thought about giving it a 7 based on acting at times, but the film is so beautiful that it is very difficult to dock a score because of a few acting sequences.

That’s extremely disappointing. The visuals/action in that film work very well with 3-D. If they want one less 3-D for those who can’t see it properly or are prone to motion sickness, Shrek is a much better choice. That film doesn’t lose much by being in 2-D.

Isn't Shrek gone now?

Marvel just struggles on TV for some reason, frankly shocked it lasted this long. Agent Carter was a much better show than Agents of Shield .. with a much smaller cast and less convoluted plotlines, it was way more enjoyable.

I struggled to get through the first half of the second season of Agents of Shield. It just felt like they had a good premise and formula that they had to totally turn on its head because of the events of Captain America Winter Soldier. Tieing it into the MCU didnt help it from my standpoint, since they so loosely were connected.

I'm not sure 7 seasons is considered struggling. I enjoy the show myself.

That’s extremely disappointing. The visuals/action in that film work very well with 3-D. If they want one less 3-D for those who can’t see it properly or are prone to motion sickness, Shrek is a much better choice. That film doesn’t lose much by being in 2-D.
Not the same type of ride vehicle though. I don't get nearly the same issues on theater seating style as I did with Minions. Same with Terminator.

Just got back from seeing the lion king at my home theatre. Visuals are amazing and like @AMusicLifeForMe said there are parts that dragged. Just like the original I loved timmon n pumba. While I liked it the original still is my favorite. There is something about the way the animation showed more emotion than the live action. Solid 7.5/10
I agree with much of what you and @AMusicLifeForMe for me said. I think if you liked Jungle Book you will like this. Visually its gorgeous and some parts seem so real that I can't believe its CGI.

I think my biggest issue is certain parts with comparing to the original where the animated characters show such personality or emotion in their faces and there isn't as much of that because these are life like character this go around. The music is great. I thought the integration of the new Beyoncé song was good. I am also a fan of the new Elton John song.

I recommend giving this a watch especially if you are a fan of the original. I am not sure it could ever live up to the original but its good nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter