• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, outside the drama of it all, who cares? The whole influencer story is kind of predictable. Corporations already buy out online personalities already to push their own messaging. Happens in the video game industry in a more obvious way every day. In the end it's all c-level drama. I couldn't care less and kind of chuckle at the naivete of people who think all the "rumor sharers" with "connections" at Disney are all legit people who don't have an agenda.

This is nothing new either. In the Ken Burn's series on Vietnam they had tapes of LBJ providing "anonymous" information to reporters. The I am sure the WH officially denied when the story came out. I also the majority of real information being leaked, is being done with an agenda. The more out there rumors that never pan out I assume come from an intern that sat in on a brainstorming session and doesn't understand how the world works yet.

No here is what I want the announcement to be, a Duck Tales themed land at Animal Kingdom, to replace Dinosaur with a Scrooge McDuck Money Bin mine cart ride. Now this will never happen but I firmly feel we need more Ducks in the Domestic Parks as well as more Chip and Dale.

Oh well I can always be a imagineer in my head.
They are Duck discriminators here in the US. There's almost no Donald stuff in the parks, yet he is by far the most interesting of the Fab 5.

Marvel doesn’t need Spider-Man, but Sony needs Marvel. If this isn’t just a short term negotiation tactic, I imagine Sony will approach them again in a couple years after they mess up.
I agree. But I like Spiderman, fully enjoyed Far From Home, and was looking forward to him in the next phase in some role. Just an incredibly endearing character when done correctly. Oh well, maybe we'll get more of the Sam Raimi type movies that Sony did well with and not the Andrew Garfield ones.

To be fair, Into the Spider-Verse is pretty cool. I just don't see Sony being able to do Spiderman well consistently. I feel like we'll get more Venom and less Homecoming. And that's a shame.

They are Duck discriminators here in the US. There's almost no Donald stuff in the parks, yet he is by far the most interesting of the Fab 5.
I can't say with 100% confidence, but I read somewhere that the artist who created Donald Duck granted the rights to his image to the University of Oregon (the ducks). The artist was an alumni of Oregon, and gave them the primary rights over Disney. If I recall correctly, Disney has to pay Oregon to use his image....It seems a bit far fetched, but as a huge Donald Duck fan, I too struggle to find good, especially classic style, merchandise. It seems that it is only every angry Donald.

Will the Spiderman news affect the new arraction at DCA and DLP or will it just mean no Tom Holland Spidey in the ride?

Marvel doesn’t need Spider-Man, but Sony needs Marvel. If this isn’t just a short term negotiation tactic, I imagine Sony will approach them again in a couple years after they mess up.
They must think they can handle it now that it’s blown up so much. Probably not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter