News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s already been a wild week. Pairing them with more stories to come, alongside the D23 bombshell announcement. I’m not even sure where to start, maybe they found Buzzy in Iger’s basement.

Bombshell? I thought people had mostly guessed what the announcements would be, stuff that pretty much has been know for a while?

I’m sort of amazed that Disney+ is a bigger story here than the two big accusations against Disney are.

Honestly, outside the drama of it all, who cares? The whole influencer story is kind of predictable. Corporations already buy out online personalities already to push their own messaging. Happens in the video game industry in a more obvious way every day. In the end it's all c-level drama. I couldn't care less and kind of chuckle at the naivete of people who think all the "rumor sharers" with "connections" at Disney are all legit people who don't have an agenda.

The whistleblower story? Might be a thing? I'll wait and see.

The issue with Disney and Amazon: obviously you can't feel any sympathy for any of the giants involved in this fight but Amazon has a habit of extracting as much as they can from companies for the privilege of getting a good spot on their turf. The fact that Amazon also sells their own streaming service under the Prime umbrella makes it even more complicated.

The biggest worry for Amazon, I think, is that Disney coming in raises the possibility that people will cancel their Amazon Prime accounts. My guess is that some people use Prime primarily for streaming and we're reaching a point where people have to make tough choices about which streaming networks to subscribe to (right now I have Netflix and Hulu, which I got at a Black Friday discount, and if I get D+ one of Netflix/Hulu will have to go). So Amazon probably wants a substantial cut in exchange for allowing D+ on their devices.

Bombshell? I thought people had mostly guessed what the announcements would be, stuff that pretty much has been know for a while?
There are rumblings of a major yet to be leaked announcement, that isn’t necessarily related to the other secret announcement. Can’t say I know more than that so “bombshell” could just be people hyping something up that isn’t actually all that huge.

There are rumblings of a major yet to be leaked announcement, that isn’t necessarily related to the other secret announcement. Can’t say I know more than that so “bombshell” could just be people hyping something up that isn’t actually all that huge.

My luck the announcement will be they are closing Everest to fix the Yeti - starting the week before I arrive next May.

No here is what I want the announcement to be, a Duck Tales themed land at Animal Kingdom, to replace Dinosaur with a Scrooge McDuck Money Bin mine cart ride. Now this will never happen but I firmly feel we need more Ducks in the Domestic Parks as well as more Chip and Dale.

Oh well I can always be a imagineer in my head.

Not shocking at all. One step closer to those paid FPs all over. I fear the future of this evolution.
I mean this is a small number of rooms (in comparison to all rooms that qualify) that probably many of the wealthier guests are purchasing for cash if not reserved by DVC members, so I'm sure they got some complaints from fairly wealthy guests. So to me it wasn't too big of a surprise it was added. What I find surprising is that DSS was saying (just a few weeks ago) the Bungalows (PVB) and Cabins (CCV) no longer qualified for DSS services whether booked through DVC or cash. The reports were that DSS was telling DVC members the rooms no longer qualified, cash or DVC bookings, and that they were only allowing the FP to be purchased as a 1 time courtesy. In fact the website used to explicitly list the above mentioned two and now simply says club rooms and suites.

I mean this is a small number of rooms (in comparison to all rooms that qualify) that probably many of the wealthier guests are purchasing for cash if not reserved by DVC members, so I'm sure they got some complaints from fairly wealthy guests. So to me it wasn't too big of a surprise it was added. What I find surprising is that DSS was saying (just a few weeks ago) the Bungalows (PVB) and Cabins (CCV) no longer qualified for DSS services whether booked through DVC or cash. The reports were that DSS was telling DVC members the rooms no longer qualified, cash or DVC bookings, and that they were only allowing the FP to be purchased as a 1 time courtesy. In fact the website used to explicitly list the above mentioned two and now simply says club rooms and suites.

Small number of rooms here; small number of rooms there. Eventually...

This seems like a strange thing to give as a one-time courtesy. I hope you're right, and this doesn't get any larger in scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter