News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that is what I said earlier. I think they don't want them getting stale. The drummers over in front of the Dawa Bar were neat to listen too, but man did it get old while I sat there drinking beers on a hot day in May. Wife and I couldn't hear ourselves talk so we ended up trekking to Nomad. I am sure it probably got old for the guys doing it too as it was the same thing over and over.
AGREED!!

Just an FYI - may have been reported already.

I got any e-mail from Disney Destinations for a 3 year ($169.99) and 2-year deal ($119.99) to subscribe to Disney+. Not as good as the D23 offer, but still pretty darn good consider it gets the price under $5/month. I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix starts rolling out some incentives for signing up for long periods of time.

Just an FYI - may have been reported already.

I got any e-mail from Disney Destinations for a 3 year ($169.99) and 2-year deal ($119.99) to subscribe to Disney+. Not as good as the D23 offer, but still pretty darn good consider it gets the price under $5/month. I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix starts rolling out some incentives for signing up for long periods of time.
Same as the Disney VISA discounts 👍

Yeah, that is what I said earlier. I think they don't want them getting stale. The drummers over in front of the Dawa Bar were neat to listen too, but man did it get old while I sat there drinking beers on a hot day in May. Wife and I couldn't hear ourselves talk so we ended up trekking to Nomad. I am sure it probably got old for the guys doing it too as it was the same thing over and over.
That’s like saying it gets old for any musician to play a song over and over. This is their job I doubt it “got old” for them.

The beginning of the end .. just like most other seasonal attractions. I am surprised they redid/refreshed Rafiki's Planet Watch actually when they originally announced it would be "seasonal".
They may as well bulldoze the whole Dinoland USA area (not Dinosaur) .. keep the Boneyard, bulldoze the "parking lot", triceratops spin, the carnival games and Whirl and replace it with another well-themed Dinosaur attraction that is good for kids.

It seems to me that the entertainment layoffs are part of a regular refresh. I recall almost the exact same discussion 6+ months ago. Not sure this layoff is unusual.

certainly possible - I think just what is being reported about Chapek's view of entertainment and how he cut back on a lot of what was planned for GE and these seem like some staples going and "bigger" than just like the lumberjacks at the Canada pavilion, people get worried that they won't be replaced .... and for many (clearly not all, but I suspect quite a few) people this type of entertainment is a big part of what they enjoy about a trip to WDW vs another amusement park

Like I said, it certainly is making me feel less positive when thinking about our upcoming trip

Should I be trying to fit Epcot Forever into my trip?

it certainly is slotted as a "must do" for our upcoming trip. I would think any new night time show is worth a watch at least once - but for those of us that love "old" EPCOT (especially the music from it) I think this one will carry a bit of special emotion to it

it certainly is slotted as a "must do" for our upcoming trip. I would think any new night time show is worth a watch at least once - but for those of us that love "old" EPCOT (especially the music from it) I think this one will carry a bit of special emotion to it

Hmm I was going to skip Epcot this trip because of construction, but maybe we should hop over after MK. I wouldn't mind checking it out and we can take the Skyliner back to Pop. You've given me something to think about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter