News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many, many more discounts are coming. Not enough audience for this concept. I've still got my over/under on 3 years. The only reason I can see to take the over is Disney will ride an investment way past its overdue point and just stop investing and let it rot. See the previous concept on that site...

I agree - though I still think they need to change the business model so that you can get in for free and walk around and check it out and then just pay per activity you want to do (or purchase a all-access pass or something)

Even at a cheaper price I think a lot of people scoff at the idea of having to pay anything just to get in

I agree - though I still think they need to change the business model so that you can get in for free and walk around and check it out and then just pay per activity you want to do (or purchase a all-access pass or something). Even at a cheaper price I think a lot of people scoff at the idea of having to pay anything just to get in

This is one thing Disney has done that my entire family has zero interest in. Now, if it were sports in general with the same type stuff, maybe. Like part basketball, part football, part baseball, etc., you could've opened it up to a much wider fan base.

Many, many more discounts are coming. Not enough audience for this concept. I've still got my over/under on 3 years. The only reason I can see to take the over is Disney will ride an investment way past its overdue point and just stop investing and let it rot. See the previous concept on that site...
This has a partner though in the NBA. DisneyQuest didn’t.

This has a partner though in the NBA. DisneyQuest didn’t.
The NBA might be more rational about its money than Disney and not leave a failing asset out there to be criticized or fall apart. If they can't make a go of it, I don't expect the NBA to let it be a monument with their name on it. Then again, there is the WNBA, so maybe the NBA is willing to do that.

It was only a matter of time. What's next? Free entrance when you get a package?
It's probably the building's saving grace they have a store and restaurant there to draw people even near it.

It feels Disney and the NBA marketers really missed the mark on this one. I am curious what their attendance numbers are.
1) It is expensive to try for a family
2) It has a limited audience
3) Even for the core audience .. it only has a "let's do this once" appeal -- unlike say Disney Quest, a bowling alley or movie theatre.
4) Just doesn't offer much to do.

I have watched several videos of vloggers experiencing this .. and I just don't see the appeal, even for basket ball fans in general. It just doesn't even seem to have that much to do.

That being said, the AP price ($19) is probably WAY more appealing to give it a "let's try it out".

All the songs are on youtube right now too. Very Broadway-esque.
Blech. That's what I didn't want to hear. I understand the songwriter's pedigree is in Broadway primarily, but I was hoping for something less generic. I felt like most of Frozen's music sounded like most music you'd find in a Broadway show set in Contemporary America, not Scandinavia a few hundred years ago. 'Frozen Heart' was the highlight for me and it all went downhill from there.

To clarify, I don't mind the music - after all, Friend Like Me from Aladdin has little to no relation to Arabic music, but that was a one-off. I much prefer music like Aladdin's or Lion King's that has some flair matching the world it's set in.

Blech. That's what I didn't want to hear. I understand the songwriter's pedigree is in Broadway primarily, but I was hoping for something less generic. I felt like most of Frozen's music sounded like most music you'd find in a Broadway show set in Contemporary America, not Scandinavia a few hundred years ago. 'Frozen Heart' was the highlight for me and it all went downhill from there.

To clarify, I don't mind the music - after all, Friend Like Me from Aladdin has little to no relation to Arabic music, but that was a one-off. I much prefer music like Aladdin's or Lion King's that has some flair matching the world it's set in.

I love the broadway style for frozen but I will say one of my favorite examples of this is Fathoms Below from The Little Mermaid :lovestruc

So . . . just got an email that Hulu w/ Live TV is increasing its price by $10/month starting December 18. For Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV it will be $60.99 and just Hulu + Live TV will be $54.99.

I was already starting to question how much we really need the Live TV portion - we'd lose a few shows - and honestly have been keeping it more for some shows my wife watches that we wouldn't get with Hulu on its own. I was just texting my wife and I think we're going to drop the Live TV portion - can pick up CBS All Access now and then for a couple of their shows my wife watches. It's just interesting this is coming out now right after Disney+ comes out - almost like we now have an even better excuse to drop Hulu Live TV.

Edit: It's also a bit annoying because one of the reasons we didn't wait and go the bundle route for D+ was because we had the Hulu w/ Live TV.

So . . . just got an email that Hulu w/ Live TV is increasing its price by $10/month starting December 18. For Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV it will be $60.99 and just Hulu + Live TV will be $54.99.

I was already starting to question how much we really need the Live TV portion - we'd lose a few shows - and honestly have been keeping it more for some shows my wife watches that we wouldn't get with Hulu on its own. I was just texting my wife and I think we're going to drop the Live TV portion - can pick up CBS All Access now and then for a couple of their shows my wife watches. It's just interesting this is coming out now right after Disney+ comes out - almost like we now have an even better excuse to drop Hulu Live TV.

Edit: It's also a bit annoying because one of the reasons we didn't wait and go the bundle route for D+ was because we had the Hulu w/ Live TV.
I gave up the Live TV option a couple months ago. We don't miss it other than a few sports events. Frankly it's cheaper for me to run to a bar for a football or soccer game and have a few drinks once a month than have Live TV. With Hulu, Netflix and now D+, there is enough entertainment on my tv for years...

I gave up the Live TV option a couple months ago. We don't miss it other than a few sports events. Frankly it's cheaper for me to run to a bar for a football or soccer game and have a few drinks once a month than have Live TV. With Hulu, Netflix and now D+, there is enough entertainment on my tv for years...

Yeah - I don't have time to watch nearly as much sports as when I was younger, rarely even watch NFL games any more, especially since the games televised around me on Sunday have just been garbage. I was going to try to start watching more NBA games soon, and I do watch March Madness and NBA Playoffs, so maybe I'll have to figure something out come spring/summer, but the price per hour that we use it has to be pretty terrible. I will particularly miss Pardon the Interruption and Highly Questionable, since that's the main stuff I watch it for, but even that hasn't been as much since you can't fast forward through commercials, even with the "No Ads" version. Oh well - $50/month is a bit ridiculous to pay for those few things when it's looked at that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter