News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esp liked

Even at the very first meeting with Kathleen Kennedy, the idea came up about having a female at the center of it. There was an inherent sense of “We’ve seen the story before of the young hero,” but we’d never seen it through the eyes of a woman like this, and that, to me, was the most exciting thing.

I mean other than:

1. Snow White
  2. Cinderella
  3. Aurora
  4. Ariel
  5. Belle
  6. Jasmine
  7. Pocahontas
  8. Mulan
  9. Tiana
  10. Rapunzel
  11. Merida
  12. Moana
  13. Elsa
etc
And somehow all these supposed movie buffs all forget about Alien which came out two years after Star Wars and fail to realize Leia is by far the strongest character in the original trilogy.

Jyn Erso was my fave.

I love her too. Have you read the books? Really adds a lot of depth to her character.

Maybe the statement should be amended to SW hadn’t had a central female force-user character. Leia was great too- I love that she wasn’t just rescued by the men.

There’s been other strong females- Ahsoka, Sabine, and Hera- but the latter two weren’t force aware and Ahsoka, while amazing and at times heroic, was still the padawan.

No doubt drones that size would hurt if they had a malfunction. I would be surprised if they actually flew over anything of substance. That would be hard to maintain long term.

Still very cool. Would have been even cooler if they had maintained the surprise. It would be pretty cool if they lit off fireworks like the end of Return of the Jedi on Endor.

Really excited until I read this:
It is our understanding that you, the Disney guest, will likely never see these drones with your own eyes.

Great for the media and bloggers. Guests? Not so much...
Probably due to the "suv size". Not sure I want one of those flying over my head at various times as I walk around SWGE.

Probably due to the "suv size". Not sure I want one of those flying over my head at various times as I walk around SWGE.
Agree on that... But, old school "Tinkerbell" flights of Tie fighters at night would be cool, especially if they lit up like they're doing on these. It could start and end behind the spires. They could make it repeatable by launching them back via a hidden propeller.

Though I feel like they could fly these where they are 100% over "backstage" areas but still visible to those in the land. Now they could still malfunction, go off course and go "onstage" but I would think that could be minimized. They don't have to fly right over guests heads to be effective

DHS hours have also been changed to 8AM opening 10PM close on December 5th.

So I am guessing no Extra Magic Hours if the park is opening for everyone at 8am? Though guess that fits with when GE opened the first time that the first few days had the early opening for everyone and then just for onsite guests after that

No doubt drones that size would hurt if they had a malfunction. I would be surprised if they actually flew over anything of substance. That would be hard to maintain long term.

Still very cool. Would have been even cooler if they had maintained the surprise. It would be pretty cool if they lit off fireworks like the end of Return of the Jedi on Endor.

That's such a great addition if they could make it happen.

Even just a "lift off" on top of a SWGE building and then over to another building or area (never over any guest areas).

A short flight on the hour would be cool enough for some pics.

Kinda like Kylo coming down from his ship-that was/is super cool.

Or even the dragon fire over at HP Land.

That's such a great addition if they could make it happen.

Even just a "lift off" on top of a SWGE building and then over to another building or area (never over any guest areas).

A short flight on the hour would be cool enough for some pics.

Kinda like Kylo coming down from his ship-that was/is super cool.

Or even the dragon fire over at HP Land.

yeah, fully agree and would enhance the feeling of Black Spire Outpost being a space port on the edge of the galaxy to see ships actually coming and going, even if more out in the distance

And somehow all these supposed movie buffs all forget about Alien which came out two years after Star Wars and fail to realize Leia is by far the strongest character in the original trilogy.

But your missing "through the eyes of" the original trilogy is definitely not through the eyes of Leia - it's Luke's story primarily. Not to say she's not a strong character but she changes very little from the first to last movie other than falling for Han. The new trilogy is very much Rey's story and then secondarily Finn's. I know Poe is a main character, but other than learning humility in TLJ I can't say the character has brought very much to the story other than "Oh we need a hot shot pilot cause Star Wars."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter