News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote for them bringing back the Bunsen and Beaker pop up encounter they had running in Epcot aka the Muppet Mobile Lab as well as possibly them taking Great Moments in History and making it Seasonal, Classic Great Moments in History during July. A retelling of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow during Mickeys Not So Scary and a Muppet Christmas Carol "Abridged" version for Christmas time. They could even do abridged "Treasure Island in the Spring. This wouldn't happen but that would be my vote for how to keep the Muppet's in the park and put the show on a rotation.

Granted even with a abridged version of Treasure Island and Muppet's Christmas Carol, the shows would prob run a bit longer but just cut down the number of times it is given and put some cast members out to help keep traffic moving by sending people either around by the Tianna Meet /Christmas Shop/ Old Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Area. If only I had some sort of say in what WDW offers guests and that I could somehow convince the bean counters that the streetmosphere cast interactions actually adds tangible value to the park guests, aka that a little bit of Pixie Dust can help turn people from once in awhile/lifetime guests to whenever they can afford it repeat guests.

So he had a loaded gun in his backpack and tried to go through the no bag line? Not really buying that he forgot it was in there.
In lots of states its real easy to carry. Even concealed. In AL, people carry everywhere, every way, and they would consider carrying an unloaded firearm pretty useless. So I could see someone forgetting. I'm not excusing it. There is no excuse. I'm also not playing at any politics here, just making a statement. I'm from NJ even though I now live in AL, so it's one of those things I recognize is simply different from where I grew up.

I will say though, that as someone who has never carried, people here in AL often find it strange. My wife's car was broken into and her purse was stolen. When the police officer arrived he could not believe we were not reporting a stolen gun from the break in. Asked several times and even reminded us several times that not reporting a stolen weapon is a crime. We had to convince him we were not, and never had been, gun owners and, therefore, there was no gun to steal in the car.

So yeah, depending on where you are from, having a gun in your bag can be as common as your wallet or makeup. Again, not an excuse. But when you put it in perspective, the TSA confiscates on average more than 10 firearms per day in airport checks. The vast majority are loaded. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more at Disney given the short driving distance from many easy carry states.

As for trying to go through the no bag line... well... that definitely does add to the suspicions...

I think they need a movie all about JAR JAR:rotfl:
I would not be at all surprised to eventually see a D+ type show, aimed at younger audiences, featuring Jar-Jar or at least Gungans. I have no interest, but I could see a cartoon. It's not like he was excised after the prequels. He had a somewhat significant role in The Clone Wars series.

I would not be at all surprised to eventually see a D+ type show, aimed at younger audiences, featuring Jar-Jar or at least Gungans. I have no interest, but I could see a cartoon. It's not like he was excised after the prequels. He had a somewhat significant role in The Clone Wars series.
You make alot of sense but If they go that way of TV show, I would want a Jar Jar focused Life Day special with all the Gungans lol

Interesting.

Still leaves it open to have movies "tie together" like the MCU did, but the Star Wars universe is so big ... do stand alone movies and then longer stories in the Disney+ format.
I think Disney felt they were "tied" to the trilogy format and just felt they had to "finish" the Skywalker saga when they probably originally just wanted to individual movies more akin to Rogue One and Solo - (considering that's almost how they've treated the sequel trilogy and never seemingly had a over-arching story plan for them).

Just seems to prove that Kathleen Kennedy isn't on the same page with the big boss and hasn't made good decisions with the films in the franchise since she took over.
I got a feeling Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni will have control of Star Wars creatively heading into the future with Feige sort of having a hands off approval role on the overall direction. It wouldn't surprise me if Favreau gets responsibility of rescuing the Indiana Jones restart with Feige signing off on the plans with that, too.

Last edited:
She was picked by Lucas you know. I’m a fan of Kennedy.
Lucas made a mistake. See has gone through directors at an amazing rate. Who wants to work somewhere when the person running the studio is going to cut them off at the knees before they even finish a movie?

Plus, in over seven years she has been unable to get anything off the ground with the Indiana Jones franchise.

Lucas made a mistake. See has gone through directors at an amazing rate. Who wants to work somewhere when the person running the studio is going to cut them off at the knees before they even finish a movie?

Plus, in over seven years she has been unable to get anything off the ground with the Indiana Jones franchise.
See that doesn’t bother me. I haven’t been disappointed by anything that’s come out of LucasFilm. Change directors 100 times as long as the quality is still there. I know that’s subjective but I’m happy as a Star Wars fan. I’m not as much an Indy fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter