Consumer Confidence Survey Results
Jason Reynolds, Manager, Neighborhood Division

Open Discussion
George Aguel, Co-Chair

Next Steps
Tim Giuliani, Co-Chair

Closing
Tim Giuliani & George Aguel, Co-Chairs

I wouldn’t hold your breathe though as it was always on the schedule for that and Disney doesn’t always update their sites...

Right.

This date has been on the calendar for months. The calendar hasn't been updated during the closures, so this was exactly as expected

My husband got another survey from Universal (I'm beginning to feel left out haha). I've omitted the screenshots of random questions related to gender, age, zip code, country and annual salary.

View attachment 497184

View attachment 497183

View attachment 497185

View attachment 497186

View attachment 497189

View attachment 497187

I'm not quite positive here but it makes me wonder if they are trying to guage the need for a ticket deal to entice people to have confidence to come back but I could be completely off the target.
I got that too except after it asked what kind of pass I had, it asked for the year I was born and then stopped. LOL I guess they got enough answers from my age group!

News

Six Flags will be reopening their first park on June 5th. Frontier City.

https://www.thestreet.com/.amp/investing/six-flags-oklahoma-city-to-reopen-in-june

That was my home park growing up. I have vomited all over that park :rotfl2: I used to get easily sick on rides as a kid. My mom wouldn't let me near the Tilt-a-Hurl. Oklahoma has been pretty loose compared to some places about lock downs. They also haven't had as many cases as a lot of places. I still don't know if I would go there, especially since I won't even eat in a restaurant in my hometown yet.

WDW website is indicating that Spaceship Earth is currently closed for refurbishment!

FP haven't been available for July either. I suspect it's going to be down, or they aren't really going to be using FP.

News

SeaWorld San Diego and Legoland California targeting 7/1 reopenings

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...ttractions-prepare-to-reopen-targeting-july-1
I wonder what this could mean Disneyland?

I thought this was for Florida at first and was shocked SW was waiting that long and I was sure LL had already announced 6/1 (they have). I didn’t even know there was a Lego Land in San Diego.

I’m a little shocked to hear they are opening back up that early in California. Not too long ago they were talking about not opening the state at all until there was a vaccine and Disneyland being closed through the year seemed likely. Now they might open before we do.

I’m just ready for all the speculation to be over with 4 hours from now. So we can start speculating about everything they tell us today. Lol.

Pretty darn significant changes to the COVID notes on the Disneyland and Disney World sites this morning, indicating that they may have certain parks closed entirely, and that they will cancel reservations for both hotels and restaurants:

Disney World:
Upon reopening, theme parks, Disney Resort hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings may be modified and will be limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure, based on directions from health experts and government officials to promote physical distancing.

Additionally, attractions, experiences, services and amenities may have limited availability or may remain closed. We will provide more information as it becomes available. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations, admission media, or purchases and provide applicable refunds.

Disneyland

Upon reopening, certain parks, hotels, restaurants, attractions, and other offerings will be modified or unavailable, will have limited capacity, and will be subject to limited availability or even closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations, admission media, or purchases and provide applicable refunds.

Between this at 10 and the Crew Dragon launch this afternoon, it's going to be hard to focus on getting work done.

I honestly hope they triple down on Epcot construction and keep that park closed, since that park specifically is orders of magnitude harder to ramp up staffing wise.

Between this at 10 and the Crew Dragon launch this afternoon, it's going to be hard to focus on getting work done.

I honestly hope they triple down on Epcot construction and keep that park closed, since that park specifically is orders of magnitude harder to ramp up staffing wise.
And yet, the ball is almost as iconic as the castle. I could totally see them opening up Epcot with some weird staffing choices and not doing the SE refurb due to how that ride is perfect for distancing, etc.

That was my home park growing up. I have vomited all over that park :rotfl2: I used to get easily sick on rides as a kid. My mom wouldn't let me near the Tilt-a-Hurl. Oklahoma has been pretty loose compared to some places about lock downs. They also haven't had as many cases as a lot of places. I still don't know if I would go there, especially since I won't even eat in a restaurant in my hometown yet.

FP haven't been available for July either. I suspect it's going to be down, or they aren't really going to be using FP.
I have been able to make FP for July.

Pretty darn significant changes to the COVID notes on the Disneyland and Disney World sites this morning, indicating that they may have certain parks closed entirely, and that they will cancel reservations for both hotels and restaurants:

Disney World:
Upon reopening, theme parks, Disney Resort hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings may be modified and will be limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure, based on directions from health experts and government officials to promote physical distancing.

Additionally, attractions, experiences, services and amenities may have limited availability or may remain closed. We will provide more information as it becomes available. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations, admission media, or purchases and provide applicable refunds.

Disneyland

Upon reopening, certain parks, hotels, restaurants, attractions, and other offerings will be modified or unavailable, will have limited capacity, and will be subject to limited availability or even closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations, admission media, or purchases and provide applicable refunds.

Has that not read like that for like a week or longer?

And yet, the ball is almost as iconic as the castle. I could totally see them opening up Epcot with some weird staffing choices and not doing the SE refurb due to how that ride is perfect for distancing, etc.
I think between the scrim compressed walkways and the international employee logistics it's a hard sell to open that park right away. If they can spend 2 months of heavy construction to free enough space for some portion of F&W to still happen it might be the way to go.

Disney World:

Disneyland

Has that not read like that for like a week or longer?

Found it! That wording has been in place since May 7th, according to Blog Mickey

https://blogmickey.com/2020/05/walt...hotels-restaurants-and-more-when-they-reopen/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter