News Round Up 2020

The new coaster looks like it goes VERY close to Three Broomsticks. Will be interesting to see if the theming will change :)

I was wondering if that was the Hogsheads seating area. On one hand it would be a cool place to sit and watch, but at the same time it definitely ruins the theming. Maybe to eat outside you need to step through a “platform” to the outside world.

Visit the news thread for opening. Disney is working on a reservation system for the parks. Much like Shanghai where you have to book you day at the parks rather than just buying a ticket ahead of time and going or walking up and going.
Did a search for that thread. Found one with 3 pages that was locked for replies. Will you be continuing that thread with significant posts regarding reopening? I like the idea of just reading the "news." :)

Silver Dollar City re-opens for Season Pass Holders on June 13th and to the General Public on June 15th. Online reservations are required and it looks like they're limiting ticket sales to 4800 a day.

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/PlaySafe
I am guessing most theme park places are going to have reservations .. no huge downside to it as I doubt a lot of these places are going to get the walk up traffic for a while. But it does make me miss the "simpler" times of grabbing a Coke can (for the discount), hopping in the car and driving 60 miles south to Six Flags Great America. :). That was a LONG time ago though.

As I am looking for some sort of more local "replacement" vacation since we have to cancel our mid-June Disney trip, I am still waiting to see when things in my state open, like Tweetsie Railroad, Carowinds, or the NC Zoo to open, I think those are technically allowed to open in "Phase 2" (which we are in) but i haven't heard of of those places announce an opening date yet.

I am guessing most theme park places are going to have reservations .. no huge downside to it as I doubt a lot of these places are going to get the walk up traffic for a while. But it does make me miss the "simpler" times of grabbing a Coke can (for the discount), hopping in the car and driving 60 miles south to Six Flags Great America. :). That was a LONG time ago though.

As I am looking for some sort of more local "replacement" vacation since we have to cancel our mid-June Disney trip, I am still waiting to see when things in my state open, like Tweetsie Railroad, Carowinds, or the NC Zoo to open, I think those are technically allowed to open in "Phase 2" (which we are in) but i haven't heard of of those places announce an opening date yet.

Yeah, which is a good idea. I wouldn't be surprised if the reservation system stays around for a while. It better helps parks figure out how many people are actually going to be at the park instead of just guessing which would help them have the right number of employees.

Silver Dollar City is also requiring face masks, which is driving people a little crazy (it doesn't help that the park is really, really hilly). They're offering refunds for people with 2020 season passes and offering passholders who choose not to come in 2020 a 2021 pass instead.

We are doing the same - since my kids summer camp got cancelled we are thinking of sending them to camp "Nana and Grandpa's" in central PA and while out there go to Hershey Park once it reopens - still waiting for them to announce a date (they had mentioned June in the past but haven't seen anything for a bit - beyond testing the new coaster)

edit - just checked again and on May 29th they updated their notice to indicate that they now hope to open in July if permitted by the state

Last edited:
We are doing the same - since my kids summer camp got cancelled we are thinking of sending them to camp "Nana and Grandpa's" in central PA and while out there go to Hershey Park once it reopens - still waiting for them to announce a date (they had mentioned June in the past but haven't seen anything for a bit - beyond testing the new coaster)

edit - just checked again and on May 29th they updated their notice to indicate that they now hope to open in July if permitted by the state

That is quite a great idea... We could do the same with Camp Nonna and Pop in Bmore... All our camping plans were cancelled so.... Hmmmm!!

Do you know if you can have more then 1 virtual ride at a time? If your virtual time for Hagrid’s was 3 hours, it would be terrible if you weren’t allowed to get another virtual time for another ride.

Oops, I see you already answered that question. I wonder if you get more with express pass?
That's the point of a virtual queue, though. It's supposed to simulate the amount of time you would normally be in line, and you certainly couldn't get on another ride while you were "in line" for the first. If they allowed that, capacity would be overrun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter