News Round Up 2020

Not sure if anyone has mentioned yet, but I just noticed that one of my park tickets for the end of August now has an expiration date of Sun, Sep 26, 2021 even though the park will be open during our originally planned trip. Apparently Disney is slowly going through and extending summer tickets automatically.

are the ones like Popeye and Olive Oil actually doing meets? Or how does that actual "meet" part work?

I know like at Shanghai they are having the characters up on stages or balconies (sort of like the Marvel characters in the image you posted, but higher up) and they interact by waving to you and stuff - this seems bit more like traditional M&Gs

are the ones like Popeye and Olive Oil actually doing meets? Or how does that actual "meet" part work?

I know like at Shanghai they are having the characters up on stages or balconies (sort of like the Marvel characters in the image you posted, but higher up) and they interact by waving to you and stuff - this seems bit more like traditional M&Gs
I’d have to imagine it’s a distanced meet meaning you stand in front of them and take a photo. That’s how they did actors at City Walk.

Wait so I am catching up...what is this "new system" for? is this for booking?
Visit the news thread for opening. Disney is working on a reservation system for the parks. Much like Shanghai where you have to book you day at the parks rather than just buying a ticket ahead of time and going or walking up and going.

Maybe this is why Disney isn't going to have M&Gs. Fictional characters with face coverings sorta ruins the fantasy to me. It would be like a Stormtrooper carrying around an umbrella or something. Just immersion shattering to me. You can still have M&Gs at a distance in my opinion without face masks. (Just have the characters walk around or be in the background for photo ops (like Stormtroopers do)

Maybe this is why Disney isn't going to have M&Gs. Fictional characters with face coverings sorta ruins the fantasy to me. It would be like a Stormtrooper carrying around an umbrella or something. Just immersion shattering to me. You can still have M&Gs at a distance in my opinion without face masks. (Just have the characters walk around or be in the background for photo ops (like Stormtroopers do)
I would think all face characters would have to be masked, unless they were at a very far distance

I do like it for the Knight Bus driver though because it makes it feel more real like the wizarding world is dealing with this along side us lol

If the mask is themed to the outfit it’s not too bad. A generic mask on a character sticks out. I’d rather have the face characters out with a mask than not have them at all- as long as they’re still in character, taking the time to talk to people and it’s not just snap a photo and go. Been wondering what Disney is going to do about GE characters too- there already weren’t enough out, many times I walked the entire land twice and didn’t see anyone...the characters are what makes GE come alive.

If the mask is themed to the outfit it’s not too bad. A generic mask on a character sticks out. I’d rather have the face characters out with a mask than not have them at all- as long as they’re still in character, taking the time to talk to people and it’s not just snap a photo and go. Been wondering what Disney is going to do about GE characters too- there already weren’t enough out, many times I walked the entire land twice and didn’t see anyone...the characters are what makes GE come alive.
I think it could be kinda cool to see how each character would theme their mask lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter