News Round Up 2020

Thank you. Makes more sense now but filing for $30,000 is still a lot.
1 - they will be seeking to make it a class action, meaning it can be brought on all similarly situated people - so all Passholders affected. So, $30,000 would be next to nothing per person, but I'm sure it's a lot more than that they'd seek.

2 - $30k might be jurisdictional - in other words, they have to seek at least that much to bring the claim in the court in which they filed or to get out of small claims court, etc. In a lot of states, when you see a story about how much they're "seeking," especially if it's a "more than $xxx" situation, I believe that's usually a matter of requiring them to ask for more than that much to even be allowed to file it.

Didn't we try this something like 30 years ago? Steven Spielburg was the director. Robin Williams was Peter Pan. How did that go?

You mean one of the best movies ever made?

Ru-fi-ooooooo!!

It was only recently that I found out that Hook was not as well received and did not do as well as I had always thought it did. Perhaps it's an age thing, I was 11 when it came out, but it holds a very fond place for me and I still like watching it, and my wife loves it too. Maybe it's people our age?

I was about the same age, a few years younger.

Loved it then, love it now.

My kids have no say in the matter, lol (but they tell me they like it)

You mean one of the best movies ever made?

We saw it as a family when my kids were young teens. We thought Dustin Hoffman really stole the show....we loved it - except for the skateboards stuff, we all agreed that was very weak, and now if hubby and I watch it, we speed through it. We still do quote many of the lines - "Don't try and stop me,Smee.... STOP ME, SMEE!!!"

Our kids haven't watched it yet - we've talked about it here and there trying to decide if they're old enough yet. Probably time to discuss it again. Our son's almost 8 and our daughter's 6. I don't think there'd be any problems with it for their age, but I just don't know if they'd "get" it - the idea of Peter Pan grown up, not in Neverland, etc.

There are a bunch of movies we are waiting to show the kids that we either are waiting because it might be too scary, etc. (Indiana Jones) or they just might not get it or understand it well. Back to the Future was one I was thinking about recently, and I think the idea of time travel and the paradoxes that can go with it would just be too over their heads at this point.

They finally got to see Hamilton though.

Ugg, that's a bad day for the construction company. Had construction re-started at that site yet?

Turns out I got a survey too but by the time I checked my e-mail this morning the survey time period had closed. I'm imagining it's along the same lines as everyone else with respects to rides/attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter