• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

Baby Yoda was born in 41 BBY (same year as Anakin). He’s 50 in Mandolorian (it’s set in 9 ABY). Galaxy’s Edge is set in 34 ABY. So The Child is 75 then. Yoda was a Jedi Master at the age of 96.
I really think they kind of warped the time line with Baby Yoda's aging a bit. A young toddler at 50, but likely at least a teen by 96.

I really think they kind of warped the time line with Baby Yoda's aging a bit. A young toddler at 50, but likely at least a teen by 96.
They could be warping it, but I think it’s best to stick with the current Canonical information, at least until presented with different info. If they do change it then they’d be contradicting Empire Strikes Back.

Disney Family Museum put on a free performance with Alan Menken last night to raise funds for their At-Promise Youth Animation Academy initiative.

From their email:

The Walt Disney Family Museum’s first virtual fundraiser, An Evening with Alan Menken, was a great success, with over 20,000 people viewing the free performance. If you missed it, or just want to relive the magic, tune into An Intimate Performance with Alan Menken and special guest Lin-Manuel Miranda at waltdisney.org/menken. The event page and recording of the event will be available until Friday, August 14 at 11:59pm. You can also watch the performance directly on YouTube.

They also have a few items up for auction to raise money for the charity.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/wdfmuseum/m.html?item=392769890037&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

They could be warping it, but I think it’s best to stick with the current Canonical information, at least until presented with different info. If they do change it then they’d be contradicting Empire Strikes Back.
I agree, they shouldn't change it now. I get why they made him 50 too. I think they made him a young toddler for the cuteness factor. But I think it's going to cause issues down line.

Is Disney closing down a lot of their "normal" Disney stores across the country? they were already on the downturn anyway (like most "mall" stores), I could see them just closing them all to save money and focus on shopDisney.
These aren’t Disney department stores though. These were mainly there to sell park tickets and then also sold things like plush, magicbands, and autograph books.

These aren’t Disney department stores though. These were mainly there to sell park tickets and then also sold things like plush, magicbands, and autograph books.
Presumably most of this stuff will just shift to the hotel's primary gift shop. But ticket sales I think it's safe to assume are gone forever. I can't imagine why anyone would buy tickets at their hotel in 2020. It made sense once upon a time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter