News Round Up 2020

Just close the parks already. What an absolute joke our platinum annual passes are now with no way to go during the week with closures that early. Not to mention how impossible it is to get weekends reserved.

I get wanting to try to have some positive revenue but maybe at this point just pause passes and just sell day tickets for like $50/day

That’s exactly why they aren’t selling new ones.
I’m really debating whether to renew or not. Ours expire 10/2 and I want to lock in the renew discount, but I also don’t see us going as often (we‘re about an hour away from the park so can’t go after work during the week with these hours and weekends are hard to book). I’ll probably still wind up renewing just for the discount.

I’m really debating whether to renew or not. Ours expire 10/2 and I want to lock in the renew discount, but I also don’t see us going as often (we‘re about an hour away from the park so can’t go after work during the week with these hours and weekends are hard to book). I’ll probably still wind up renewing just for the discount.
I’m not sure what I’d do in that boat. Mine is extended until June 2021. I would hope things start to improve by then.

Last edited:

Disney made money this last quarter and stock price didn’t drop so I think they’re doing fine overall. Disney+ is certainly saving them though.
I'm sure it's a no, but do you think if we requested a refund on tickets so that we can buy a new one with 1 less day, they'd consider it? We just lost our flight out park day at AK between the hour earlier start time just announced for early Sept and our flight being moved up last night?

I'm sure it's a no, but do you think if we requested a refund on tickets so that we can buy a new one with 1 less day, they'd consider it? We just lost our flight out park day at AK between the hour earlier start time just announced for early Sept and our flight being moved up last night?
You never lose value of the tickets. So that’s likely a no.

We live 15 minutes away and I'm not sure we can go after work! This is going to make weekends just flat impossible to book now. I know we aren't privy to all of the information that goes into these decisions but this just seems like a bad plan. As a local AP holder this makes it even more frustrating seeing all of the open availability in the "resort guest" and "theme park tickets" buckets every day. Let me go and spend money!!!

Just close the parks already. What an absolute joke our platinum annual passes are now with no way to go during the week with closures that early. Not to mention how impossible it is to get weekends reserved.
I actually cancelled my September trip earlier today after going back and forth. We didn't think it was worth activating our passes and we didn't think it was worth the cost to buy tickets either. Oh well, I'll go support some businesses that don't have access to 25B in loans.

Does anyone else think that these even shorter hours are going to make even more of the people who were planning on going during this time cancel resulting and even fewer guests? Seems to me it could make things even worse for Disney.

Does anyone else think that these even shorter hours are going to make even more of the people who were planning on going during this time cancel resulting and even fewer guests? Seems to me it could make things even worse for Disney.
I’m not sure Disney has much of a choice. Stay open later and lose more money. Currently they aren’t getting demand with the hours they have so not sure it hurts that much to limit it a bit more.

We're in the same boat- expires 10/20 with 1 month extension. Not sure if it's worth it. We live 2.5 hours away and were very frequent visitors before all this insanity. I'm hoping they don't increase capacity with shortened hours. I'm wrestling with the idea of going in Sept if it's anticipated the crowds will be low.

What it made me think is that they really don't see demand / willingness to travel increasing much - so rather than "add" to try and increase crowds to increase revenue they are going the other way and trying to decrease costs further and figure whoever was going to come will come and that's that.

Not sure if this move alone would make people cancel but it's another tally mark in the "con" column for people debating whether to come or not

I'm super disappointed in the new park hours. I was hopeful that by our November trip hours would increase but now I am concerned they may decrease more. I mean September is generally a lower crowd month anyways so reducing by an hour for now may make sense but by October crowds ramp up again. Ugh this is the only thing keeping my 9 year old going. If we have to cancel her birthday trip I don't think she will ever recover. They were already offering *just* enough for us to come. If they cut back anymore we will reschedule.

It seems to be a chicken and egg problem. Reduced hours, reduced services and reduced restaurants are likely to turn people off, but increasing these things isn’t necessary if the people aren’t there.

As someone with a September trip, it definitely sucks, but maybe this means that crowds will be even less than they were in July, which would be a good thing for me. I just hope they don’t reduce resort activities.

Cutting back the hours made me cancel. It’s not worth going for such little park time. I’ll just go to other parks instead now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter