News Round Up 2020

universal is about to go to 5 days a week as sea world already has its just a mater of time before they go down to 5 days

Comparing Universal or WDW to Seaworld doesn't make sense. Seaworld has been in a world of hurt for years now. I am kind of getting the feeling that some of your statements are trolling. They seem a little irrational and sensationalized.

Comparing Universal or WDW to Seaworld doesn't make sense. Seaworld has been in a world of hurt for years now. I am kind of getting the feeling that some of your statements are trolling. They seem a little irrational and sensationalized.
I mean if you look at their post history it’s all very odd. They spent an unusual amount of energy repeatedly telling people that Universal’s Kong ride was too scary for little kids, then radio silence for 4 years. Now they are beating the doom and gloom drum just as fervently every chance they get.

I’ve been skimming comments about the AP lockout and hour cuts so forgive me, but is there any sort of a reason given for locking APs out? We’re in a pandemic and people don’t want to travel. Why would you limit entrance to locals who have the ability to just drive over and pop in for a few hours? It’s ridiculous

this isn’t going to end anytime soon. Even if we have a vaccine by October and being dispersed widespread by spring (the most optimistic timeline I’ve heard)the economy is still going to be messed up for the best couple years at least. And I doubt people will be super eager to travel far or have the means to once things get normalish

I’ve been skimming comments about the AP lockout and hour cuts so forgive me, but is there any sort of a reason given for locking APs out? We’re in a pandemic and people don’t want to travel. Why would you limit entrance to locals who have the ability to just drive over and pop in for a few hours? It’s ridiculous

this isn’t going to end anytime soon. Even if we have a vaccine by October and being dispersed widespread by spring (the most optimistic timeline I’ve heard)the economy is still going to be messed up for the best couple years at least. And I doubt people will be super eager to travel far or have the means to once things get normalish
They aren’t locked out per se just their “bucket” fills up the most. Disney is always going to give advantage to ticket/resort paying guests. Chapek said in the earnings call that those guests tend to spend more so that shows why disney focuses on them.

They aren’t locked out per se just their “bucket” fills up the most. Disney is always going to give advantage to ticket/resort paying guests. Chapek said in the earnings call that those guests tend to spend more so that shows why disney focuses on them.
Gotcha. I still think it’s short sighted. Sure APs spend more, but if there isn’t the resort demand there....
It seems very foolish to cutout your most dedicated visitors, but that’s been discussed as naseum before the pandemic

i think Disney will have a park open everyday of the week. Now we could see something like three out of the four parks open and they rotate.
I could see that. I could see them just having Epcot open FRI-SUN.. AK only open MON-THU . .and the other two parks open every day.

APs in the park spend a lot more the void of the empty spot not filled by the non-existent extra resort guest or day ticket holder. But we all know Chapek isn't a leader, just a bean counter.

Right now is why places sell APs to begin with, fill the place when no one else is coming.

APs in the park spend a lot more the void of the empty spot not filled by the non-existent extra resort guest or day ticket holder. But we all know Chapek isn't a leader, just a bean counter.

Right now is why places sell APs to begin with, fill the place when no one else is coming.
Disney isn’t even selling new APs right now.

Why has Disney not opened their water parks this summer? I've been to a couple water parks in Florida multiple times this summer -- H2O Live near Margaritaville Orlando Resort and Rapids Water Park in West Palm Beach -- and felt completely safe and social distanced the entire time. Spending the day outside, doused in chlorinated water is relatively safe.

Disney isn’t even selling new APs right now.
Not sure what your point is? They did sell them in the past and there are thousands of them outstanding. The people who enter the parks with an AP spend much more than the non-claimed resort guest spot or unused day ticket spot. Not to mention the APs weren't free to begin with.

Disney is just too arrogant to accept the high value resort guests aren't flocking back and they are leaving money on the table, while upsetting many of the customers who would be early returners.

Not to mention the whole thing of taking people's money, then not providing the service promised and not offering a fair refund. When they are offering a more equivalent service to people who haven't paid yet.

Why has Disney not opened their water parks this summer? I've been to a couple water parks in Florida multiple times this summer -- H2O Live near Margaritaville Orlando Resort and Rapids Water Park in West Palm Beach -- and felt completely safe and social distanced the entire time. Spending the day outside, doused in chlorinated water is relatively safe.
Money

Not sure what your point is? They did sell them in the past and there are thousands of them outstanding. The people who enter the parks with an AP spend much more than the non-claimed resort guest spot or unused day ticket spot. Not to mention the APs weren't free to begin with.

Disney is just too arrogant to accept the high value resort guests aren't flocking back and they are leaving money on the table, while upsetting many of the customers who would be early returners.

Not to mention the whole thing of taking people's money, then not providing the service promised and not offering a fair refund. When they are offering a more equivalent service to people who haven't paid yet.
Disney isn’t selling APs right now because they can’t guarantee those people access. You can renew of course. Disney still hasn’t done anything for those who have water park options.

Chapek in the latest earnings call said right out that locals are not the spenders and their week long guests are.

Disney isn’t selling APs right now because they can’t guarantee those people access. You can renew of course. Disney still hasn’t done anything for those who have water park options.

Chapek in the latest earnings call said right out that locals are not the spenders and their week long guests are.
Obviously, but they aren't filling the park with weeklongers.

Unless an AP holder is displacing a higher value guest, they are making more off that AP holder than the empty void not taken up by the mythical higher value guest. Not filling the parks with APs when it's clear they aren't going to be filled otherwise is leaving money on the table.

Not to mention, many Plantum APs are weeklongers.

I think you all are reading way too much into what Chapek said about AP vs non-AP. It's not like they are turning people away and are choosing to only let in the high rollers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter