News Round Up 2020

Local news but may be of interest: Southwest Airlines is coming to O'Hare. This is great for finding more flight options!
Crap, might mean no nonstop from Indy and The Lou where we fly out. More options though i guess.
Yes, the CEO of Southwest Gary Kelly said that they are going to add more routes to airports that they've traditional avoided. Basically, they are trying to prevent layoffs, and they have a ton of aircraft and employees sitting around parked. They feel they are capturing as many passengers as they can right now on their current routes (which have been pulled way back), so they are hoping if they very cheaply add more cities/airports they will be able to capture some new passengers. The desire is to make a little more than the variable cost of the flights (fuel, maintenance, servicing), helping with their cash burn problem.

I get the feeling that most of these will be temporary additions. Other cities of note are Miami, Palm Springs and some of the ski cities. They also appear to be adding some more none stop flight options.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...aggressively-add-new-cities-amid-travel-slump
Thinking like this, though, is why Southwest is the only airline with truly long term success.

Local news but may be of interest: Southwest Airlines is coming to O'Hare. This is great for finding more flight options!
Interesting . . . and still keeping Midway? We fly from Grand Rapids and usually have a layover at Midway. Sometimes they have direct from GR, but not always.

FYI to anyone interested

Looks like bookings are open for rest of 2021 including Park Reservations

I was just able to book Magic Kingdom for my family for Oct 1st 2021 for the 50th

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...1-BTl5Ji48uL7yC_qEcvNMKmvIHJ1esHjdF7O5iz2PULE

So... theres no way to book if you have an ap that will be expiring before the date in 2021... but theres no way to extend your pass because disney extended past what my original renewal date would be...

Im not surprised by this at all to be honest.

So... theres no way to book if you have an ap that will be expiring before the date in 2021... but theres no way to extend your pass because disney extended past what my original renewal date would be...

Im not surprised by this at all to be honest.

you could get a daily ticket and then use it towards your AP renewal/upgrade

But yeah, another "not great scenario" for AP holders

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter