• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and no he doesn't have all the say in this project but he does have some. That's why many reports came out that the boat ride was axed. I think Disney is going to do what is planned no more no less.

He has a lot more say then people think he does. He has enough say in that they cant just go in and do whatever they want to the land. He is like Rowling in that the land to a certain extent has to be to his liking.

I hope this is not OT, but could you elaborate on this (James Cameron only having some say)? :)

James cameron has said that disney imagineering is the ones working on theses projects. He is focused on his new movies. He gives them the platform on which they work. James cameron is not involved in every little detail. James cameron would be involved in something like taking away part of the plans though. That of course wouldn't make him very happy. Disney seems to have a strict budget for this project and they really don't want to go over on it.

There is much in which you say. While my teen DDs know Harry Potter storyline and movies extremely well and were dying to visit WWoHP a couple of years ago, only one of them saw Avatar and wasn't extremely impressed. None have seen any Star Wars film, they're not intrigued by the series, and wouldn't know Naboo, Endor, or Luke Skywalker's moisture farm from a hole in the ground! Only one of them would ride Star Tours II with me 4 times in order to check out all the different planets, partly out of politeness and partly out of a mild interest in sci-fi.

They will enjoy any kind of Soarin' -like or Jurassic Park -like Avatar ride plus the environment if well themed but won't be nagging me to book a trip because of it. If I'm to get them interested in Star Wars land it will take a lot of tedious explanation of the movies, the characters, the planets, etc.

However they are big Disney fans in general and after visiting Universal/IOA for the first time a few years ago made a point of telling me, "we like Disney better overall". It's mostly a matter of the differences in noise and intensity of the rides, and the happier, more magical feeling at WDW.

Not being interested at all in Star Wars, it would take a fun-looking coaster about as intense as Everest, Mummy or Space Mountain to interest them very much in Star Wars land ... but it would have to be less intense than Dragon Challange or the Hulk or they're not going to ride it more than once.

The big thing about disney is they don't build coasters like dragon challenge or hulk. Disneys coasters are indoors or in a mountain. I would expect a similar type of attraction for star wars.

He has a lot more say then people think he does. He has enough say in that they cant just go in and do whatever they want to the land. He is like Rowling in that the land to a certain extent has to be to his liking.

Of course it has to be to his liking but warner brothers and JK were very very involved in everything that went into potter at Uni. Cameron is not as much involved as they are. Cameron has put his trust in disney while he works on his new movies.

Volcano Bay Speculation from Disney & More
It is believed that the rumored volcano bay watermark for universal may have a similar look to the plans that were originally for Disneyland Paris's rumored Lava lagoon watermark. Before Universal Creative Thierry Coup worked for Disney on Disneyland Paris, he was part of the planning of Lava lagoon. That leads to the speculation of a similar looking watermark at Universal. http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2014/07/will-dlp-lava-lagoon-water-park-that.html

Here is more rumors on the Soarin expansion this is from Screamscape
"Soarin’ Over The Horizon - Rumor - (7/10/14) Screamscape sources tell us that the office trailers behind Soarin’ have been emptied out and the loading / storage area behind the ride is currently in the process of being cleared out as well. Another rumor going around the park now is that there are two expansion plans, one which would add a 3rd theater to the attraction and a second more expensive option that would add two new theaters to the attraction instead. The later plan would take up much more room however, and require more changes to be made to the backstage infrastructure to accommodate it."

And in Disneyland News, a new interactive game called Legends of the Frontier: Gold Rush is taking place in frontierland at Disneyland. You pick your role and go around to different interactive areas in Frontierland. For more info on this new game at Disneyland go to the Disney parks blog.

Want to see more changes at Epcot.Currently they offer few rides that appeal to me and the only real value of Epcot is to eat and drink.

Coca-Cola's "Share A Coke" tour is coming to Epcot this weekend, giving guests a chance to create a complimentary personalized "Share a Coke" product.

Taking place in the Innoventions hallway, just outside the exit of Club Cool, the experience will take place today, through to Sunday July 13 2014. Hours are 10:30am to 4:30pm while supplies last.

The experience lets you create a personalized label for a 7.5oz can of a Coca Cola beverage.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...are-a-coke'-product-this-weekend-at-epcot.htm

That's why many reports came out that the boat ride was axed.

Blah, that had better not be true. The boat ride sounds like the best feature of the new land.
A nice cool relaxing dark ride through a bioluminescence environment sounds simply wonderful...

James cameron has said that disney imagineering is the ones working on theses projects. He is focused on his new movies. He gives them the platform on which they work. James cameron is not involved in every little detail. James cameron would be involved in something like taking away part of the plans though. That of course wouldn't make him very happy. Disney seems to have a strict budget for this project and they really don't want to go over on it.

Interesting, thanks :thumbsup2

I hope James Cameron is as involved as JK was for WWoHP because it would be great to see a product that is exactly as he envisioned and as detail-oriented as possible.

Jim Hill a respected name in the business just did an interview with mousechat. I know jim Hill hasn't been the best at these things as of late but here is what he said was happening in WDW.

2. Star Wars in WDW, construction was supposed to start january 2014, Bob Iger stepped in and said lets wait we are rewriting the script for episode 7, construction will now start in january 2015. Indiana Jones will stay until 2017 because they have private events booked there until then, and they now own the right to jones. a x-wing spinner ride will happen. this is all taking place in echo lake. sounds dangerous building now becomes jedi training building with a new Yoda AA. Speeder Bike Attraction also likely.

3. Star wars in DLR, construction to start in maybe 2016 after the 60th anniversary, subs go away, autopia goes away, star wars goes in

4. DCA gets an autopia like attraction in cars land

5. Disney regrets Avatar, if they would've known George Lucas was selling they would have never made a deal with James cameron.

2. I can see that happening. Not so sure about Indiana Jones. The fact that they never took Indiana Jones Adventure to WDW given its popularity at DL is suspiscious. Plus, the attempts to revitalize the series in recent years weren't exactly successful. Who knows though. I'd love an Indy attraction at WDW.

3. That would make quite a lot of sense. Autopia is dated and occupies lots of space. I'm sure they don't want to get rid of some of the popular rides at Tomorrowland, so the obvious answer would be to extend the land and occupy Autopia's area.

4. Also makes sense. Use new technology and a Cars overlay, and make a new version of Autopia. Autopia fans would have a replacement, and DCA would have a brand new ride. Everyone wins. The only problem I see is the space. They still have some parking space, and if the rumors are true, Luigi's Flying Tires is at risk (apparently the flying saucers will never find their way at DL :rotfl: ) so who knows? They might have other plans for that space.

5. I don't think this is true. Yeah, perhaps they found that it was more challenging that they thought, but they still needed a big story to respond to HP, and there aren't many obvious choices (Star Wars wasn't made for AK... Lord of the Rings? Not quite). Disney is known for cancelling plans they already announced. If they truly regret Avatar, they could've stopped it on time.

2. I can see that happening. Not so sure about Indiana Jones. The fact that they never took Indiana Jones Adventure to WDW given its popularity at DL is suspiscious. Plus, the attempts to revitalize the series in recent years weren't exactly successful. Who knows though. I'd love an Indy attraction at WDW. 3. That would make quite a lot of sense. Autopia is dated and occupies lots of space. I'm sure they don't want to get rid of some of the popular rides at Tomorrowland, so the obvious answer would be to extend the land and occupy Autopia's area. 4. Also makes sense. Use new technology and a Cars overlay, and make a new version of Autopia. Autopia fans would have a replacement, and DCA would have a brand new ride. Everyone wins. The only problem I see is the space. They still have some parking space, and if the rumors are true, Luigi's Flying Tires is at risk (apparently the flying saucers will never find their way at DL :rotfl: ) so who knows? They might have other plans for that space. 5. I don't think this is true. Yeah, perhaps they found that it was more challenging that they thought, but they still needed a big story to respond to HP, and there aren't many obvious choices (Star Wars wasn't made for AK... Lord of the Rings? Not quite). Disney is known for cancelling plans they already announced. If they truly regret Avatar, they could've stopped it on time.
2. Disneyland needs it's own unique things can't copy everything.
3. There was also supposed to be another restaurant in that area for the future but those plans were tossed.
5. I agree but James Cameron isn't the easiest to work with so I don't see them backing out now.

A man lost his finger on The Pirates of the Caribbean ride at WDW recently. He stuck his hand in the water prior to the drop and gone went finger. Folks please keep your hands inside the boats they tell you that for a reason.

Also some more of the new look to disney springs opened over by Fultons Crab House. Here is a link to photos. It is called the Lily pad area.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...-after-disney-springs-refurbishment/21459.htm

A man lost his finger on The Pirates of the Caribbean ride at WDW recently. He stuck his hand in the water prior to the drop and gone went finger. Folks please keep your hands inside the boats they tell you that for a reason.

Also some more of the new look to disney springs opened over by Fultons Crab House. Here is a link to photos. It is called the Lily pad area.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...-after-disney-springs-refurbishment/21459.htm

Ugh, reminds me of our Physics class trip to Six Flags. On the stupid dinky rapids in a round boat ride the girl in the boat ahead of us lost her watch and undid her seat belt and reached over the side to try to get it. She was crushed into the wall.
No more High School trips to Six Flags...

Tokyo Disneyland has renewed the Dreamlights parade for 2015. The parade will have seven of the same floats with the rest being replaced with new ones. The lights are being changed to LED as well. On a side note I wish we could start taking the floats they discard and bring them for the Main Street Electrical Parade....Disney could save money and put on a good show. =)

Tokyo Disneyland has renewed the Dreamlights parade for 2015. The parade will have seven of the same floats with the rest being replaced with new ones. The lights are being changed to LED as well. On a side note I wish we could start taking the floats they discard and bring them for the Main Street Electrical Parade....Disney could save money and put on a good show. =)

I am very interested to see what the new Hong Kong and Disneyland night time parades look like. A WDW refresh would be nice.

Agree. Give DL a brand new parade for the 60th and bring some of Tokyo's spare floats to WDW. They could save some money and we would have something new to see.

Do they ever do that? Exchange certain items with the foreign parks, I mean.

Agree. Give DL a brand new parade for the 60th and bring some of Tokyo's spare floats to WDW. They could save some money and we would have something new to see.

Do they ever do that? Exchange certain items with the foreign parks, I mean.

Yea the first float and the circus float in Festival of Fantasy are from Tokyo Disneyland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter