News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to cancel yourself out there....you say big things and then say nothing new or extraordinary......what gives?

No new rumors or developments that haven't already been suggested for studios...

Which means about nothing.

The rumors have been importing the toy story kiddie land from Paris, adding on to midway mania (don't bother for me), and a cars development of some type...(again, radiator springs WILL NOT work in Florida)

And "Lucasland"...which is the problem.

Restaurant conversion, a spinner, filling in the lake for more retail
Space...

That what's been rumored.
What's missing? No Star Wars e ticket... Which is an absolute must if you want to be taken seriously...

It sounds like Star Wars kiddie land...

Guess jar jar is making episode VII afterall...

Wait a second...HE'S THE SITH LORD!!!!

No new rumors or developments that haven't already been suggested for studios... Which means about nothing. The rumors have been importing the toy story kiddie land from Paris, adding on to midway mania (don't bother for me), and a cars development of some type...(again, radiator springs WILL NOT work in Florida) And "Lucasland"...which is the problem. Restaurant conversion, a spinner, filling in the lake for more retail Space... That what's been rumored. What's missing? No Star Wars e ticket... Which is an absolute must if you want to be taken seriously... It sounds like Star Wars kiddie land... Guess jar jar is making episode VII afterall... Wait a second...HE'S THE SITH LORD!!!!
Bingo!

I am a bit confused here, maybe someone can she some light on this for me. Have read in several threads that Radiator Springs cannot come to Florida because of the weather. But other posts say that Radiator Springs is the same ride system as Test Track. Since Test Track runs outside, what is different about Radiator Springs that it wouldn't work in Florida? Call me totally confused.

I am a bit confused here, maybe someone can she some light on this for me. Have read in several threads that Radiator Springs cannot come to Florida because of the weather. But other posts say that Radiator Springs is the same ride system as Test Track. Since Test Track runs outside, what is different about Radiator Springs that it wouldn't work in Florida? Call me totally confused.
The vast majority of radiator springs is outdoors. A lot of test track is in doors. When it rains hard test track has to close. Having a large e ticket attraction that's mainly outdoors closing all the time would not be good lines would be incredibly long.

The vast majority of radiator springs is outdoors. A lot of test track is in doors. When it rains hard test track has to close. Having a large e ticket attraction that's mainly outdoors closing all the time would not be good lines would be incredibly long.

I didn't time it or anything, but I actually felt like the indoor/outdoor ratio was pretty similar between the 2 rides.

I was speaking of capacity...

A 4 hour wait in California with smaller parks and crowds is incompatible with the size or wdw. Especially with about 40,000 on site hotel rooms alone...and 400 off site hotels in Orlando.

The "blessing of size" as Walt said... Makes some rides incompatible

But weather is also a problem...Florida is much more prone to extreme weather and high humidity...that is tough on LSM systems

Somehow, I had gotten the idea from some threads that it was a maintenance issue due to the high moisture.

Again, though, Test Track is also a major attraction and when it rains and closes, the lines are long -- unfortunately, I speak from experience there. Then too, don't some of the other rides close with rain? Everest, the Seven Dwarfs Mine train, Big Thunder Mountain??? Seems there has to be more to it than just the potential for long lines.

Somehow, I had gotten the idea from some threads that it was a maintenance issue due to the high moisture. Again, though, Test Track is also a major attraction and when it rains and closes, the lines are long -- unfortunately, I speak from experience there. Then too, don't some of the other rides close with rain? Everest, the Seven Dwarfs Mine train, Big Thunder Mountain??? Seems there has to be more to it than just the potential for long lines.
Yes when it rains bad the outdoor attractions close if it's a light rain some stay open. Anaheim doesn't get much rain hence why they have so many outdoor attractions. For example their it's a small world has an outdoor load area and mad tea party is completely outdoors.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Affection Section at Rafiki's Planet Watch will be closing for refurbishment next week.

The closure begins on October 7 and runs through to November 10, reopening to guests on November 11 2014. The other areas of Conservation Station will continue to operate as normal during the refurbishment.

Via wdwmagic.com

I believe TT has more outdoor track than RSR. The assumption that RSR can't be built at WDW because of crowds or rain is hog wash. Yes, RSR has long lines But so do TT, and Soarin'. If Disney wanted to put RSR at WDW, they would. I think this attraction will eventually make it's way to WDW. But not until after DLR builds their next major attraction. Carsland was built to complete the revival of DCA. Now that park is a destination, where it was an afterthought for most of its first decade.

Contrary to what people on this site may think, none of the WDW have the challenges that DCA had for those first ten years. People pack into all of the Florida parks. For years, nobody went to DCA. The only ride with a line from 2001 to 2005 was Soarin' Over California. Now DCA is a player, and Disneyland is a zoo. I think DLR needs one more major addition before WDW gets a RSR, or a Carsland. The addition will probably be at DCA, but DL's Tomorrowland is in desperate need of help.

I believe TT has more outdoor track than RSR. The assumption that RSR can't be built at WDW because of crowds or rain is hog wash. Yes, RSR has long lines But so do TT, and Soarin'. If Disney wanted to put RSR at WDW, they would. I think this attraction will eventually make it's way to WDW. But not until after DLR builds their next major attraction. Carsland was built to complete the revival of DCA. Now that park is a destination, where it was an afterthought for most of its first decade.

Contrary to what people on this site may think, none of the WDW have the challenges that DCA had for those first ten years. People pack into all of the Florida parks. For years, nobody went to DCA. The only ride with a line from 2001 to 2005 was Soarin' Over California. Now DCA is a player, and Disneyland is a zoo. I think DLR needs one more major addition before WDW gets a RSR, or a Carsland. The addition will probably be at DCA, but DL's Tomorrowland is in desperate need of help.

For that exact reason I think they won't build Carsland or RSR at WDW. Even though DCA has become a great park (arguably better than the other Hollywood parks Disney owns), they still need to have an exclusive attraction that will bring people from all over the country just to see it. We have to assume that DCA won't have another big expansion (in Carsland's scale) for at least a decade.

I can see Tomorrowland Speedway becoming some sort of Cars attraction, or they could even design a brand new ride for the rumored Pixar expansion, but I think the best idea would be to keep RSR (and probably Carsland as a whole) as a DCA exclusive.

But hey, anything could happen.

For that exact reason I think they won't build Carsland or RSR at WDW. Even though DCA has become a great park (arguably better than the other Hollywood parks Disney owns), they still need to have an exclusive attraction that will bring people from all over the country just to see it. We have to assume that DCA won't have another big expansion (in Carsland's scale) for at least a decade. I can see Tomorrowland Speedway becoming some sort of Cars attraction, or they could even design a brand new ride for the rumored Pixar expansion, but I think the best idea would be to keep RSR (and probably Carsland as a whole) as a DCA exclusive. But hey, anything could happen.

I think they should leave RSR in DCA. I also don't see them adding cars to tomorrowland. If cars comes it comes in some form at DHS.

I don't get it. Saying that TT and RSR are the same rides because they use the same cars is like saying that Pirates of the Carribean and It's a Small World are the same rides because they have the same boats. Or BTMRR and EE are the same because they are both roller coasters. It's a silly argument to make.

I would say RSR is slightly more outdoors than TT. There is a 1st section that is outdoors, then a middle section indoors (similar to a dark ride) then a final outdoor section. The outdoor section is probably not a greater length of track, but you are probably outside for longer on RSR. (I would guess on TT you are only outside for about 30 seconds, wheresas RSR it's probably closer to a minute and the start and a minute at the end.)

IMO, RSR is the best ride Disney has made (in the US) probably since Tower of Terror. I don't think it would be terrible to reproduce it in Florida, but I would of course root for something more original.

I don't get it. Saying that TT and RSR are the same rides because they use the same cars is like saying that Pirates of the Carribean and It's a Small World are the same rides because they have the same boats. Or BTMRR and EE are the same because they are both roller coasters. It's a silly argument to make.

I would say RSR is slightly more outdoors than TT. There is a 1st section that is outdoors, then a middle section indoors (similar to a dark ride) then a final outdoor section. The outdoor section is probably not a greater length of track, but you are probably outside for longer on RSR. (I would guess on TT you are only outside for about 30 seconds, wheresas RSR it's probably closer to a minute and the start and a minute at the end.)

IMO, RSR is the best ride Disney has made (in the US) probably since Tower of Terror. I don't think it would be terrible to reproduce it in Florida, but I would of course root for something more original.

I agree that they can't be compared. People do the same thing with Indy and Dinosaur. Granted those are slightly more similar, but Indy is still the far superior ride, as is Cars.

When I rode Radiator Springs Racers I was blown away. The only other time I've been that impressed with a ride is when I rode Forbidden Journey the first time. Test Track is just "meh." If it was at any of the other parks and still had the lines it has, I probably wouldn't even bother riding it.

If it was at any of the other parks and still had the lines it has, I probably wouldn't even bother riding it.

Test Track (and RSR) have a single rider line. Both are significantly shorter waits than the standby lines, and USUALLY shorter waits than the FP lines.
The Test Track Single rider line skips the "design your own car" step so you actually skip the whole section of the line that comes after that, which both FP+ and Standby people have to wait in. We've litterally walked on Test Track when there was a 70 minute standby wait. Even our 10-year old agreed it was worth skipping the car-making portion. We also rode RSR one morning three times in thirty minutes by using Single Rider. (It was during EE, so standby was only about 20 minutes at the time, but still.) It astounds me how few people use this.

I made the same argument in another thread and someone replied with a fair point. The appeal of Test Track is the movement, not really the theme. RSR is basically TT with a good theme.

What separates those other rides is the varied themes.

No new rumors or developments that haven't already been suggested for studios...

Which means about nothing.

The rumors have been importing the toy story kiddie land from Paris, adding on to midway mania (don't bother for me), and a cars development of some type...(again, radiator springs WILL NOT work in Florida)

And "Lucasland"...which is the problem.

Restaurant conversion, a spinner, filling in the lake for more retail
Space...

That what's been rumored.
What's missing? No Star Wars e ticket... Which is an absolute must if you want to be taken seriously...

It sounds like Star Wars kiddie land...

Guess jar jar is making episode VII afterall...

Wait a second...HE'S THE SITH LORD!!!!

Nice to see you too......anyway don't know where you get most of your info but you might want to check again. Nobody reliable has said anything about Toy Story Playland..just some random sites. And from what the insiders are saying over at WDWmagic, many things are being considered for both Pixar and Star Wars with both being given a separate budget. The only thing at this point we are almost set on getting in the Toy Story third track but the Monster Inc Coaster, and many other rides are being looked over including an INDOOR version of RSR. As far as Star Wars Land goes plans were sent to the higher ups but they were sent back and told to try again. Most likely waiting for the news movies so get your facts a little more straight before posting.

and many other rides are being looked over including an INDOOR version of RSR.

Wow, that seems to be risky to me. I know they've built fantastically different versions of the same ride in the distant past (PotC comes to mind), but I think in this day and age you risk a lot of bad press to call something the same ride, and then put together a watered down version. (And make no mistake, if RSR was all indoors, it would be watered down.) I hope they don't choose to go that route. (Not that I think there's much chance of that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter