News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that seems to be risky to me. I know they've built fantastically different versions of the same ride in the distant past (PotC comes to mind), but I think in this day and age you risk a lot of bad press to call something the same ride, and then put together a watered down version. (And make no mistake, if RSR was all indoors, it would be watered down.) I hope they don't choose to go that route. (Not that I think there's much chance of that.)

They are looking over many different ideas but the main point is that Disney is ready to spend some good amount of money on this expansion. Insiders are saying that Disney isn't going to spend the most they have ever spent, but they aren't going to cheap out on this one either. Many of these insiders are known to be reliable so I believe what they say.

Nice to see you too......anyway don't know where you get most of your info but you might want to check again. Nobody reliable has said anything about Toy Story Playland..just some random sites. And from what the insiders are saying over at WDWmagic, many things are being considered for both Pixar and Star Wars with both being given a separate budget. The only thing at this point we are almost set on getting in the Toy Story third track but the Monster Inc Coaster, and many other rides are being looked over including an INDOOR version of RSR. As far as Star Wars Land goes plans were sent to the higher ups but they were sent back and told to try again. Most likely waiting for the news movies so get your facts a little more straight before posting.

I was summarizing some of the ideas tossed around off the top of my head...
Not making a case to the Supreme Court

Anyway... Your making me laugh. All the "insiders" stuff you quoted is just as left field as all the other left field rumors.

Indoor clone of an outdoor ride with low capacity? And money for another track on a low tech shooter?

That'll show me. What out of the box thinking from the artists...

The point is that confirmed current plans are zero.

And I don't trust any plans of significance are forthcoming...because Disney hasn't earned it.

And third, when they do do something over at studios...I can only hope that it's more than a transplant and an expansion of midway mania. And I don't trust their plans for Star Wars at all.
If they did "plan" something and it was kicked back with a "try again" note attached...do you honesty think the reason from the suits was "we want it bigger, nicer, better"?

Or perhaps..."hey...just give them a nibble and the suckers will show up"?

Sorry to be so cynical...but they haven't earned the faith/trust youre giving them. Don't let your zeal/want of new things affect your perception of what the situation on the ground is.

T.O.T.S.

I was summarizing some of the ideas tossed around off the top of my head...
Not making a case to the Supreme Court

Anyway... Your making me laugh. All the "insiders" stuff you quoted is just as left field as all the other left field rumors.

Indoor clone of an outdoor ride with low capacity? And money for another track on a low tech shooter?

That'll show me. What out of the box thinking from the artists...

The point is that confirmed current plans are zero.

And I don't trust any plans of significance are forthcoming...because Disney hasn't earned it.

And third, when they do do something over at studios...I can only hope that it's more than a transplant and an expansion of midway mania. And I don't trust their plans for Star Wars at all.
If they did "plan" something and it was kicked back with a "try again" note attached...do you honesty think the reason from the suits was "we want it bigger, nicer, better"?

Or perhaps..."hey...just give them a nibble and the suckers will show up"?

Sorry to be so cynical...but they haven't earned the faith/trust youre giving them. Don't let your zeal/want of new things affect your perception of what the situation on the ground is.

T.O.T.S.

First thing you will want to learn real quick is I NEVER just throw out info and then call in Insider info. Please the people saying these things have been SPOT ON with past info including New Fantasyland, Disney Springs and the Frozen ride. So maybe you don't trust them but unless they have just now decided to start spreading crap then yes I put a little weight on what they say. Also as far as Star Wars Disney isn't going to cheap out on this. Probably why they are wanting to separate budgets for it and whatever else they have planned. To think that suddenly they have closed Backlot to let the land just sit there well you think what you want then. Star Wars land is going to happen and ill buy you lunch if Pixar doesn't show up in some form. You can think what you want but if you believe what you are typing then you are as naïve as you sound.

From what I've heard they are looking at an indoor cars ride maybe something like the rumored replacement to luigis flying tires. It wouldn't be an indoor RSR. Rumors are also that DHS may be getting an overall budget of upwards of a billion dollars. The third track is a very strong rumor at this point for TSMM. The only thing we do know for sure is something is up and coming in the not too distant future because it is a fact that you have a big empty space in the backlot with the tour being cleared out already and sound stage 1 empty. It is also fact that big wigs including John Lasseter came out with blueprints of sorts to look at the area. John doesn't just come out for a added track to TSMM.

First thing you will want to learn real quick is I NEVER just throw out info and then call in Insider info. Please the people saying these things have been SPOT ON with past info including New Fantasyland, Disney Springs and the Frozen ride. So maybe you don't trust them but unless they have just now decided to start spreading crap then yes I put a little weight on what they say. Also as far as Star Wars Disney isn't going to cheap out on this. Probably why they are wanting to separate budgets for it and whatever else they have planned. To think that suddenly they have closed Backlot to let the land just sit there well you think what you want then. Star Wars land is going to happen and ill buy you lunch if Pixar doesn't show up in some form. You can think what you want but if you believe what you are typing then you are as naïve as you sound.

I wish I had your faith, but I don't.
But...I'm not telling you you're wrong either. The fact is neither of us knows and won't until we see something built/not built. Trust only the shovels.

I don't believe in the concept of the insider. Mainly because the only "insider" with direct
Information on real development are the accountants, legal, and the stock analysts. And they don't leak.

So no offense to the spirit, "Chris", Jim hill, and the dozens of other "insiders" I've seen given the credit of Allah on these boards...I don't doubt that "insiders" may speak to them... Just not the right ones.

Do you ever get the feeling that imagineering is a Bunch of loose lips?... Using interdom and whatever press access they can get to fight a "silent war" with those in power at TWDC.

I don't doubt their good intentions...but I also don't doubt they'll lose.

They'd be build the sky and charge nothing if they had the budget - but they won't get the money.

That is specifically for WDW...the rules are different for other spots. The thinly veiled policy there seems to be "keep the gravy train on the tracks... Without spending much of its cargo"
It seems to fit.

And speaking of naive...you said "Disney won't cheap out on Star Wars"

THAT is the definition of wishful thinking. What they will do is CAPITALIZE on it without question.
That doesn't necessarily mean they will break the bank - or spend one Nickel more than what they determine is necessary - in order to do that.

I guess I'm parking my glasshouse right next to yours, huh?

From what I've heard they are looking at an indoor cars ride maybe something like the rumored replacement to luigis flying tires. It wouldn't be an indoor RSR. Rumors are also that DHS may be getting an overall budget of upwards of a billion dollars. The third track is a very strong rumor at this point for TSMM. The only thing we do know for sure is something is up and coming in the not too distant future because it is a fact that you have a big empty space in the backlot with the tour being cleared out already and sound stage 1 empty. It is also fact that big wigs including John Lasseter came out with blueprints of sorts to look at the area. John doesn't just come out for a added track to TSMM.

But John was flown on a Gulfstream for a "rough" work day walking around an amusement park and then a private special menu meal prepared by Scott Hunnell...
Or - lol - likely at the new four seasons.

So it's grain of salt/all relative isn't it?
Maybe he was just doing the rounds...

But John was flown on a Gulfstream for a "rough" work day walking around an amusement park and then a private special menu meal prepared by Scott Hunnell... Or - lol - likely at the new four seasons. So it's grain of salt/all relative isn't it? Maybe he was just doing the rounds...
Actually John was pictured with at the river roost lounge at POR. I can't see John staying at POR tho.

The rumored King Kong attraction at universal has gone verticals they have steel going up and cranes on site.

DLP is not doing good at all. Reports say an emergency meeting is in place to see what to do about it. Disney recently opened a large expansion with a big ratatouille ride and attendance hasn't increased. The state of the two parks in Paris have disney in trouble.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2014/10/dlp-announced-emergency-meeting-for.html

I admit I haven't been watching this situation at all (but will now)

But if I had to guess... I would guess the aftermath of the us housing crash (US crashes always effect Europe catastrophically - I worked with a Spanish business student ( now lawyer) on an internship years ago that supported the saying "the US gets a cold...Europe gets the flu"), the European southern countries debt crisis, and Disney's terrible labor struggles and pricing structure in France are killing the place.

Here's an idea: lower the prices, make it a good value, eat the losses in the short term to pack the place in the longterm.

I admit I haven't been watching this situation at all (but will now)

But if I had to guess... I would guess the aftermath of the us housing crash (US crashes always effect Europe catastrophically - I worked with a Spanish business student ( now lawyer) on an internship years ago that supported the saying "the US gets a cold...Europe gets the flu"), the European southern countries debt crisis, and Disney's terrible labor struggles and pricing structure in France are killing the place.

Here's an idea: lower the prices, make it a good value, eat the losses in the short term to pack the place in the longterm.

French Labor Laws and the union structure are killers. They don't have the ability (like TWDC) to do wholesale conversions of full time positions to part time or even make seasonal headcount adjustments.

Making daily headcount adjustments based on guest traffic, weather, etc. are impossible

Every single little thing has to be negotiated.

In a past life, we pulled out of France and moved everything to the UK and Spain based almost solely on those issues....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter