News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the cut from the massive budget for MK and Epcot will be 300-350 million for each. So estimations, 3.4-3.5 billion total, 300-350 for each MK and Epcot, then the rest for DHS.

According to Martin on wdwmagic the number for DHS is 2.8 billion including infrastructure

More good news. That to me is at least one or two Pavillion refurb for Epcot, either that or the rumored Ratatouille ride for France. Maybe both. (I wish it were more, but with what's going on in AK and DHS I get why a major overhaul of Epcot isn't on the books.)

The investment in MK - I just don't see a ride that needs that kind of capital. Either it means a new ride, a complete redo (I'm thinking Stich) or a bunch of little stuff that won't amount to much. (That's about half the budget of new FL - right?)

$2.8 Billion at DHS is a massive overhaul. I really hope we hear an announcement at D23.

http://www.starwars.com/news/christ...-helm-han-solo-anthology-film?linkId=15374280

Han Solo Anthology film announced, to be directed by Christopher Miller and Phil Lord (The Lego Movie, 21 Jump Street). Writing is being done by Lawrence Kasdan (Raiders, Empire, Jedi, Force Awakens....etc) so it'll be a solid script. This is apparently not the film that was attached to director Josh Trank before his exit, rumored to be the Boba Fett film. This will follow a young Han Solo on his early journey to becoming the smuggler and scoundrel we all know and love.

Release date is slated for May 25, 2018

This is FANTASTIC. Not that I love the idea of young Han Solo necessarily (It depends how it's handled - could absolutely suck.) but Lord and Miller did great work with making "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" a very good movie out of a thin concept, Made "21 Jump Street" way funnier than it deserved to be, and then made the FANTASTIC "Lego Movie" which was 10 times better than it deserved to be. They can hopefully take a story that could be just full of in-jokes and references and make it interesting. Nice job Ms. Kennedy!

The investment in MK - I just don't see a ride that needs that kind of capital. Either it means a new ride, a complete redo (I'm thinking Stich) or a bunch of little stuff that won't amount to much. (That's about half the budget of new FL - right?)

It would be great if they replace Stitch...what a poor decision to replace the Alien with that waste of time.

More good news. That to me is at least one or two Pavillion refurb for Epcot, either that or the rumored Ratatouille ride for France. Maybe both. (I wish it were more, but with what's going on in AK and DHS I get why a major overhaul of Epcot isn't on the books.)

$2.8 Billion at DHS is a massive overhaul. I really hope we hear an announcement at D23.
And you know that after all of this, the stage will be set for introducing the new DVC resort planned for the Epcot/ HS area-- think of what the prices will be then....... the perfect time to sell BW and BC---- except I will still want them....

And you know that after all of this, the stage will be set for introducing the new DVC resort planned for the Epcot/ HS area-- think of what the prices will be then....... the perfect time to sell BW and BC---- except I will still want them....

Yeah - once the VWL expansion is complete - the next will be a BC/YC DVC expansion. Unless they decide to add a new hotel as part of the DHS expansion. Imagine the amount of money they could charge people to stay at a Star Wars hotel?

I'd be seriously bummed if they use part of their budget for a new hotel with the DHS expansion, but not surprised.

I definitely get why they replaced Alien with Stitch. It was TERRIFYING when it was Alien Encounter (I was 10 when I saw it). Stitch is way more family friendly. But in saying that, that entire ride needs to be redone or just go. It feels old and rickety. When Stitch "jumps" on your shoulders, the shoulder bar either doesn't touch me or presses down so hard I'm sure it's going to break something. It never seems to sit right on me, but maybe that's just me.

I'm assuming part of the EP and MK budgets will be going towards new night time shows.

VERY excited to see what they do with $2.8 billion!

I'd be seriously bummed if they use part of their budget for a new hotel with the DHS expansion, but not surprised.

I don't know a lot about these things but I would think the funds for a hotel would have to come from a different budget.

VERY excited to see what they do with $2.8 billion!

I don't know a lot about these things but I would think the funds for a hotel would have to come from a different budget.

Actually, even though I brought it up, Reddog is right - it is more probable that a hotel would not be included in this budget. And certainly NOT a DVC expansion.

Radiator Springs Racers cost about 200 million. Everest about 100 million. If this rumor is true, 300 million is more than enough to build or redo a ride, refurbish some attractions and bring new entertainment.

This is what I would personally do at MK: Bring the new effects to BTMRR, bring the 1983 Fantasyland facelift to MK and get rid of that medieval tent theme, and make Space Mountain a proper roller coaster similar to the one at pretty much all the other Disney parks. Probably not going to happen, but hey.

I'm excited. I think yes the movie didn't have the greatest storyline but the visuals of this land could be some of the best ever.

THIS^^^

There many instances where the IP by itself sells the product. This is an instance where it could be a great product but the stigma of the IP is already dragging it down in many guests eyes.

Dances With Smurfs is definitely not an IP I can get excited about, but at the very least, this land will be really freaking pretty and give me a good reason to stay at AK later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter