Newsletters

I have a question about the newsletters - when do you send them?? My wedding is May 9, 2011. Because we want to give our guests plenty of time to plan and save, we will be sending out save the dates next month. I was thinking I would mail out newsletters about a week after the save the dates go out, is that way too soon? A LOT of our guests have rarely or never been to WDW, so I think getting an organized packet of information right after they get their save the date will answer a lot of questions for them right off the bat. But is it weird that TECHNICALLY nothing is really confirmed until September? Will it be super confusing for our guests if I send out newsletters with 5/09/11, SBP, Ariel's, DP in Italy - and then come September, some of that changes?

I'm planning to do a second newsletter much closer to the wedding anyway... our wedding is on a Monday, but Nick and I plan to get to WDW about a week early so we can do fun Disney stuff with anyone who wants to come down early. Once we get closer to the date I will create a day by day "what we'll be up to" so people can join us if they want to. Can I just highlight any changes in that newsletter?

Am I completely overthinking this or what?! :rotfl:

I'm sending my newsletter with the STDs (if FH okays it that is). That way I save on postage and they have all the info all at once. My save the date is really small though, so I can sort of stick it in front of the folded newsletter. I think my idea will look kinda cute!

If you're going to be unsure of info when you send out StDs, I would just send them by themselves and then send out a newsletter when you have more information.

I have a question about the newsletters - when do you send them?? My wedding is May 9, 2011. Because we want to give our guests plenty of time to plan and save, we will be sending out save the dates next month. I was thinking I would mail out newsletters about a week after the save the dates go out, is that way too soon? A LOT of our guests have rarely or never been to WDW, so I think getting an organized packet of information right after they get their save the date will answer a lot of questions for them right off the bat. But is it weird that TECHNICALLY nothing is really confirmed until September? Will it be super confusing for our guests if I send out newsletters with 5/09/11, SBP, Ariel's, DP in Italy - and then come September, some of that changes?

I'm planning to do a second newsletter much closer to the wedding anyway... our wedding is on a Monday, but Nick and I plan to get to WDW about a week early so we can do fun Disney stuff with anyone who wants to come down early. Once we get closer to the date I will create a day by day "what we'll be up to" so people can join us if they want to. Can I just highlight any changes in that newsletter?

I sent one out right after I sent my save the dates and I plan on sending another one a month before the wedding to those that have RSVP'd.

I will also be including a welcome newsletter with the welcome bags at their resorts.

Hi I am just starting out with my wedding planning. We are so excited!! Could someone private message me their newsletter. We are from MA and I know a newsletter is a great idea for our guests traveling.

My VR is 5 days before your wedding!! I recently sent out our STD's as we are in the UK and although we are only having a small occasion, I too wanted to give our guests as much time as possible to plan. I sent out a newsletter and a reply card with the STD's as I need an idea of potential numbers by June as most of the rooms are being booked using home resort DVC points and this needs to be done 11 months out. Here is my newsletter, which is a bit of an unprofessional effort, but I guess it does the job!!

Front page

Newsletterissue1.gif

Middle pages

morenewsletter.gif

back page

newsletterbackpage2.gif

I just wanted to comment on EVERYONE'S News letters, they are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing you all are truly an insparation. Thanks for sharing :)

Vanessa, I love how you made a newsletter for your Bridesmaids too. I wish my sister had done something like that for her wedding instead of having to physically ask her what salon for hair & make up to go to, if there was going to be a rehearsal and the time(which the rest of her bridesmaids and MOH had no idea about and we had to ask her while she was intoxicated). I plan to do something similar for my Bridesmaids too so they well informed not I'll informed.

Vanessa, I love how you made a newsletter for your Bridesmaids too. I wish my sister had done something like that for her wedding instead of having to physically ask her what salon for hair & make up to go to, if there was going to be a rehearsal and the time(which the rest of her bridesmaids and MOH had no idea about and we had to ask her while she was intoxicated). I plan to do something similar for my Bridesmaids too so they well informed not I'll informed.

I'm so glad you liked it. I know it really made things a lot easier with communication. My bridesmaids were spread across Michigan, Georgia, and Arizona, so it was a quick easy way to talk to everyone at once. I never had to worry about talking about shoes, nails, etc. Plus it was easy for them to have a checklist right in front of them.

We're hoping to do a vow renewal next year. We are still in the planning stages.

I love the newsletter idea!! Thanks for sharing!

Does anyone have a template? I really love all the newsletters! I am so not creative. Thanks!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that FigmentFan has a template, perhaps you could try sending her a PM, I'm sure she would be more than willing to help (everyone around here is so nice!)

Since I started this thread and many girls were so helpful to me, I will pay it forward. If anyone wants my template of my newsletter, just PM me. My newsletter is posted on pg 14 of my pj if you want to check it out.

Since I started this thread and many girls were so helpful to me, I will pay it forward. If anyone wants my template of my newsletter, just PM me. My newsletter is posted on pg 14 of my pj if you want to check it out.

I am sorry that I missed you in my earlier post when I mentioned that FigmentFan had a template. Your newsletter is beautiful and I am sorry that I left yours out!

Your newsletters are all great though everyone! Has anyone used powerpoint to make a newsletter? I am doing mine on that right now, and it seems to be going well, but I am thinking that one of the other programs might be quicker. How expensive were the programs for mac? (ie, iwork) or can you download them for free somewhere?

Did everyone find that their newsletters were well received by guests? I told my mom that I was doing one and she was insanely excited (but she is a huge Disney fan) I'm just not sure how other guests will feel.

Did everyone find that their newsletters were well received by guests? I told my mom that I was doing one and she was insanely excited (but she is a huge Disney fan) I'm just not sure how other guests will feel.

I honestly thought no one was reading them and did it more because I enjoyed making them. That was until I started putting info in them about joining us for group dinners, etc. and received responses of people wanting to attend :thumbsup2 I also was surprised the week of the wedding to hear people mentioning tips from the newsletters including a note to try Beverly at Ice Station Cool (I think it has a new name now) I had 4 or 5 people who fell for that one and I only included as a joke to see if anyone was reading ;)

This is our newsletter. I "borrowed" a lot of the info from everyone else's newsletters and added/changed it around a little in PowerPoint.

0104b712.jpg
33b174be.jpg
23752ac5.jpg
6239598a.jpg
3df1aabb.jpg
66c2000f.jpg
953c711d.jpg
c24008f3.jpg

Then I had it printed in newsletter format.

a5d8179e.jpg
c3ad2051.jpg
d0e10eee.jpg

Hi there :wave2:

I've been *trying* to work on a newsletter for over 2 weeks now but it's not looking good at all :rotfl:

I'd be forever grateful if I can borrow a template since I'm not able to PM anyone. :worship:

Here's my newsletter. I was finally able to figure out how to post PDF's thanks to a little help from a previous poster. I kept it kinda short because I didn't want to overwhelm people with info so early on. I also knew people were going to ask me a ton of questions closer to the wedding anyway so I didn't want to put a bunch of details in for people not to pay attention.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Its been so much fun seeing all the newsletters posted by everyone. Great job ladies!!!

Hi there :wave2:

I've been *trying* to work on a newsletter for over 2 weeks now but it's not looking good at all :rotfl:

I'd be forever grateful if I can borrow a template since I'm not able to PM anyone. :worship:

Since you can't PM if you set up a new email account (Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) then post it on this thread I can email you my template. I wouldn't suggest posting an email address you regularly use on here for public use. Then you can edit the post to remove the address. Just an idea :goodvibes

Its been so much fun seeing all the newsletters posted by everyone. Great job ladies!!!

Since you can't PM if you set up a new email account (Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) then post it on this thread I can email you my template. I wouldn't suggest posting an email address you regularly use on here for public use. Then you can edit the post to remove the address. Just an idea :goodvibes

:worship: I appreciate it so much!! :goodvibes Thanks again!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter