Nice but NO I Don't like

Okay people, really?

I figure either we're talking to someone who truly struggles mentally with clutter and relationships, or perhaps is having a bit of fun with us. Or maybe even someone looking for an anonymous place to say something out loud she knows she can't say in person. Either way, I hardly see how bringing out the meanies is helpful. It isn't the OP who is hurting my heart on this thread.

Okay people, really?

I figure either we're talking to someone who truly struggles mentally with clutter and relationships, or perhaps is having a bit of fun with us. Or maybe even someone looking for an anonymous place to say something out loud she knows she can't say in person. Either way, I hardly see how bringing out the meanies is helpful. It isn't the OP who is hurting my heart on this thread.

People deserve to be called out for being awful, especially if this person is trolling.

It would be a completely different thread if the OP had posted "OMG, guys my grandson sent me the most hideous coasters ever, but I love him so much that I don't want to hurt his feelings so I will proudly put them out whenever he visits. He's the best, but man are these things ugly! LOL."

I think we would ALL have something funny to say or a similar story to share had it been presented in this manner instead.

People deserve to be called out for being awful, especially if this person is trolling.

It would be a completely different thread if the OP had posted "OMG, guys my grandson sent me the most hideous coasters ever, but I love him so much that I don't want to hurt his feelings so I will proudly put them out whenever he visits. He's the best, but man are these things ugly! LOL."

I think we would ALL have something funny to say or a similar story to share had it been presented in this manner instead.

Consider yourself called out. The dying alone comment wasn't necessary.

Okay people, really?

So you’re saying that this wouldn’t be the appropriate time to point out to the OP that ”and” is spelled with a ”d” & isn’t spelled “an”? (It’s just something that’s been bugging me for a while w/ her posts.)

And, OP, if you’re stilling reading...

As others have pointed out, there are lots of other ways you can use the coasters besides for your drinks. You could get a board & then glue the coasters on the board, frame it, & hang it some where in your house - this way, the coasters aren’t taking up any ”clutter” type space on tables, but you can still enjoy them & think of your grandson when you see them.

So you’re saying that this wouldn’t be the appropriate time to point out to the OP that ”and” is spelled with a ”d” & isn’t spelled “an”? (It’s just something that’s been bugging me for a while w/ her posts.)

And, OP, if you’re stilling reading...

As others have pointed out, there are lots of other ways you can use the coasters besides for your drinks. You could get a board & then glue the coasters on the board, frame it, & hang it some where in your house - this way, the coasters aren’t taking up any ”clutter” type space on tables, but you can still enjoy them & think of your grandson when you see them.

It is not an appropriate time. If you're anything like me, the second you DO, inevitably spelling errors will be found in your post.

This post makes me so sad. About 12 years ago I spent 6 months knitting everyone in DH's family matching hats and scarves for Christmas. I remember MIL opening hers, saying "WHAT is this??" with an annoyed look on her face, and tossing it aside. I was heartbroken, and will never make them anything again.

OP, you should rethink your priorities.
MIL knits hats and socks for us we love them, She also made over 80 hats last year and hung them on a giving tree downtown and donates them to charities.

Reading all these replys saying that the OP has done this before... I now change my answer. Just put them in the trash and take a picture of them in the trash and send to your grandkids so you can stop pretending to care about them and let them move on with there lives caring about you when you don't seem to care about them. It's a gift.. for God sake be grateful or figure your issues out.

Okay people, really?

Oh please.......it takes all of 10 minutes to go back and read some of the posts the OP has written in the past. The vast majority of them, show her utter disdain for her children and grandchildren. Darn right I'll call out a miserable human, why would you not?!

Okay people, really?

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea to look at past posts nor am I saying I agree with all the comments either but this isn't a person who is having a bit of fun with us. Struggling mentally? I mean maybe but their past posts speak towards an indifference towards loved ones and sometimes outright annoyance they are even around whilst complaining they were alone. The comment I saw from 10 years ago was this: "For myself an DH as grandparents the best gift our DD could give us is to not bring in cranky whining babies who need a nap. Children who do not mind and stay for HOURS asking the children every few minutes if she needs to take them home for misbehaving. An hour or 2 of that per visit is plenty..... we don't need 6 to 8 hours of that when DD lives less than 10 minutes away. HMMMM wonder why I moving 950 miles from the grankids?"

Sure we can say it's 10 years ago but oddly enough it doesn't appear the feelings have changed much looking at this thread the OP created. And there's other examples.

You can make it of you will but this isn't someone who we necessarily should be pulling out the guns for in comments but isn't someone who is going to get my sympathies either aside from the loss of her spouse. They clearly do not have the fondness for their family that many of us share in which we would just be grateful for a gift (and a homemade one to boot) rather than turning up our nose because it's 1/2 inch tall and they wanted flat.

"For myself an DH as grandparents the best gift our DD could give us is to not bring in cranky whining babies who need a nap. Children who do not mind and stay for HOURS asking the children every few minutes if she needs to take them home for misbehaving. An hour or 2 of that per visit is plenty..... we don't need 6 to 8 hours of that when DD lives less than 10 minutes away. HMMMM wonder why I moving 950 miles from the grankids?"

It would have broken my heart as her grandchild to read this. Seeing how my mom just eats up every second of being with her grandkids, this doesn't compute to my brain. Of course my mom doesn't love everything about them (her grandkids are human, they can be annoying), but she takes the good and the not so good. I don't think she would even call it "the bad" because for her I swear her grandkids are the best part of ever being a parent. All the love and none of the heavy hitting work. lol

And no, I absolutely DO NOT have a Beaver Cleaver family that is picture perfect. Lots of drama, baggage that runs very deep and hurts tremendously, but nonetheless I still love my family. I may not like them all the time, but I love them.

I'm a grandmother, and my grandkids send me handmade stuff all the time. (They are little, just 4ish, so it's things like a suncatcher made from a plastic lid and fake glass stones.) Everytime we do a video chat, I make sure some of the things they made are in camera sight...and every time, they go "Mimi!!!! I made you that (anchor from the $1 store, that was scribble colored or the above mentioned suncatcher, or the construction paper birthday card or whatever)" They get so excited to see their creations made it to Mimi.

When they come to visit, their creations are on the bookshelves, with my Disney and Starbucks mugs, bells I've had since I was their age, and other special items. Because they get so excited to see their creations are still loved by their Mimi.

I still have the tile coasters (alcohol ink drips) DS made me 7 years ago, and the 'ceramic' (aka hardened clay) holder each girl made when they were about 7; the holders each hold a (non burning) candle, and the tile coasters are under my (burning) jar candles. Because they still get so excited and tell their kids about how they made that for their mommy when they were little.

For me, their happiness is a small price to pay to have to put out some little creations when they visit or call.

OP, you can send your grandson this way. I will happily play Mimi to a thoughtful, caring young man.

My mom & dad LOVE their grandchildren, so, no, this doesn’t commute w/ me either. At all.

My parents have 7 grandkids. The oldest is 21, & the youngest is 9. Their grandchildren are their life.

This pandemic has been SO HARD on them because they miss them so much. Every time I talk to my mom she says something about how much she misses us.

(We’ve seen them in short spurts of time w/ masks on outside in the driveway or 6 feet apart for shorter bits of time inside. They HATE it.)

As someone who will never have grandkids this really hurts my heart. OP, please PM me your child's contact info and I will gladly reach out and be their pseudo grandmother. I will gladly accept any gifts they make and immediately call and thank them for thinking of me. The coasters can sit here on my office desk next to the multiple pencil holders my own children made me when they were young that make my smile everyday.

They can also come visit anytime they want and stay as long as they want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter