Nifty Fifty: The Great return of the Sauciers! - April 2022 TR

Catching up! Great updates. I was determined to get a nutella waffle our past Feb trip as I hadn't had one in years. Our last MK day I tried to mobile order one at like 3:00 PM. Didn't realize it was a breakfast only item :scared:. I have a long list of snack do-overs for next trip. LOL. And, I STILL haven't been to Saana.

I haven't been on the boards all summer (I am a teacher so I try to read during my planning breaks when I get a chance!) but I am happy to find your trip report! I read your pre-trip report when you were purchasing the Tinkerbell gifts, I am loving seeing them on the girls!

Since I have 2 girls (10 and 13) I get the tears and the struggles! This last trip we took in April was different, we went at a slower pace than normal because we just all get cranky if we don't!

Dad's will do anything for their girls.
So True!

h my goodness! I hope she was ok!
Thankfully, she is fine. Probably just the heat.

Yum! It's on my list for later this month. :)
I hope you like it as much as I do!

I am so happy I found this trip report again-I stopped receiving notifications via email for a while and you just came back up!
I know, the no email alerts was rough for keeping up with everyone's trip reports. I have to still find everyones. Glad you made your way back!!

Wow, I was not expecting that line for Gaston's Tavern. I guess everyone heard about the cinnamon rolls and wanted to try them.
I guess so. I think more people are looking for breakfast options in MK. There really aren't that many.

I don't know what it is about Jungle Cruise, but the return time for Genie + is insanely late at the start of the day. We tried several times to grab one, and we encountered that problem every time.
I know! It's a low capicity ride. And I heard that Disney isn't giving out as many LL as they did with FP.

I showed DD the Gaston’s line and we were both :scared: I wonder if it gets shorter later in the morning?
I think it does. It was basically the morning rush. Everyone probably did a ride or two and was ready for breakfast. If it was up to Morgan, she would have rope dropped Gastons. Ha!

We would like to try one but will eat breakfast in the room so we can do the cinnamon roll later in the morning.
It should be better later. But sometimes I think it is just about luck in when the line dies down or not.

I’m dead set on getting a JC G+ on a day we plan on going to Disney springs in the morning and then heading to MK
That is a really good idea! For sure

I was determined to get a nutella waffle our past Feb trip as I hadn't had one in years. Our last MK day I tried to mobile order one at like 3:00 PM. Didn't realize it was a breakfast only item
I know!!! I "think" they might have just changed that to all day. Which it should be!

nd, I STILL haven't been to Saana.
One Day!!!!!

I haven't been on the boards all summer (I am a teacher so I try to read during my planning breaks when I get a chance!) but I am happy to find your trip report! I read your pre-trip report when you were purchasing the Tinkerbell gifts, I am loving seeing them on the girls!
Welcome!!! I am glad you are here!!! I hope you have enjoyed your summer and ready for another school year!

Since I have 2 girls (10 and 13) I get the tears and the struggles! This last trip we took in April was different, we went at a slower pace than normal because we just all get cranky if we don't!
The Struggle is so real!!! But the slower pace isn't always bad.

The girls look so happy with their new ears. I love your tinkerbell gifts ideas- gets your day off to a great start 😊
Genie + is a right old pain in the backside but I’m glad you did jungle cruise and you got some great photos.
Breakfast looks delicious 😋
MK looks busy!
Love all the family photos.

Happy Sunday Everyone!!!

I left us off, finishing up breakfast.

We decided to to Philharmagic next since there wouldn’t be a wait and we wanted to see the new Coco scene.
Mickey's PhilharMagic

It was about 10:45 now. We went inside and line was all in the que!
Wheezy

Once theater opened the CM were doing a good job directing everyone into the lobby area. It was a Full show! Which is crazy!

Gwen and I made another LL while waiting for the show to start. We grabbed a Peter Pan for 6:15 - 7:15. We knew we wanted to go back to the hotel again and rest, so we just started making some LL for later in the day.

Mickey's Philharmagic

This was our first time seeing the new Coco scene which was beautiful! And the whole things was so much better know that it was remastered. I have always had a soft spot for Philharmagic. And so glad they updated it.

It was finally time to use our LL!!! We headed to Big Thunder Mountain FINALLY!.

BTM LL was thankfully not backed up. It was a posted 60 minutes but looked longer. Line was all the way out of the regular que. With our LL we were on the ride in no time.
BTM Ready to Ride

BTM Waiting to Ride

BTM Selfie

Family in front of us had 2 little girls and it was their first roller coaster. The older one was a crying mess. But still held her hands up on the ride, which I thought was adorable.
Big Thunder Mountain

BTM

After BTM, we decided to leave but then as we were walking we saw people lining up for the noon parade and there was still spots. So we grabbed a spot behind a family sitting in the shade. I grabbed a popcorn for the girls. We only waited 10 minutes for the parade to start. And had a decent spot for not waiting long.
Our View
This was our view. Not terrible. Especially since we didn't wait to long.

Belle and Beast

Gwen Parade
Gwen was enjoying to watch the parade.

Flynn Ryder
Tangled Float is one of my favorites!

Peter Pan
I mean I just love this parade. It's all so pretty.

Captin Hook

Watching the parade

Dragon coming around the corner

Dragon

Dragon Breathing Fire
I love the dragon!!!! And even happier that Disney fixed it after it got a little too hot.

Dragon Smoke

Pegasus
how cute are these guys?

Fly Ladies
Gwen said she wanted to be one of these ladies one day!

Minnie

Daisy

Festival Fantasy Parade was great as always and I was glad we stopped and watched.

As the parade passed by, I realized that we were going to need to race the parade to the front of the park. Otherwise, we would have to watch the parade a second time.

So, once the final float passed by, we made a mad dash. We hustled all the way to the front of the park. Thankfully, the Main Street store was a ghost town with the parade going on. So, we were able to sneak through the store fairly quickly. We made it across the way and out of the park with a few minutes to spare!

We were out of the park at 12:24.

On our way out, we saw a pack of band kids on the way out.
High School Band
Morgan is hoping our high school comes while she is in marching band starting next year.

There was a CM in front of the 50th Cake topiary out front, so we grabed photo on teh way out.
2022-04-19 - Magic Kingdom Park - Main Street Train Station_8

2022-04-19 - Magic Kingdom Park - Main Street Train Station_8

We walked to the bus area and saw there was a bus waiting, so we ran to get on. Made it on at 12:29 And the bus left immediately! Score!

Up next, some resting and one of my favorite meals of the trip!

You managed a really nice morning at MK and even better that you’ve a Peter Pan LL lined up for later in the day. Love PP.. I thought the new philharmagic was great. I hadn’t watched Coco until fairly recently and loved it.
So good that you got a decent spot for the parade with no wait and way to go in beating it to the front of the park🤣

I enjoyed the updated Philarmagic too! Love Coco! Danielle doesn't like 3D/4D shows, so this was perfect for me to do alone.

I'm so jealous that the Dragon worked for y'all. She did not when I saw her the week before.

Philarmagic does look a lot better now that they've touched it up, and the Coco scene fits in perfectly.

BTMRR followed right after with FOF parade...sounds perfect. :goodvibes
I know exactly what you mean about having to race the parade, though, to make it out of the park before it gets to Main Street.

Late to the show, but really enjoying your report. We got very spoiled with low crowds when we visited during the pandemic and it's hard now to deal with the mobs of people! It's nice you had a long visit and could take things slow and just enjoy your time together!

You managed a really nice morning at MK and even better that you’ve a Peter Pan LL lined up for later in the day. Love PP.. I thought the new philharmagic was great. I hadn’t watched Coco until fairly recently and loved it.
Thanks! I was glad we caught the parade before we left. It made the morning feel more productive.

I'm so jealous that the Dragon worked for y'all. She did not when I saw her the week before.
That is a bummer! The dragon is the best part of the parade!

BTMRR followed right after with FOF parade...sounds perfect. :goodvibes
I know exactly what you mean about having to race the parade, though, to make it out of the park before it gets to Main Street.
Is it weird that, it was kind of fun racing the parade out of the park?

Late to the show, but really enjoying your report. We got very spoiled with low crowds when we visited during the pandemic and it's hard now to deal with the mobs of people! It's nice you had a long visit and could take things slow and just enjoy your time together!
Welcome! Don't worry I have many days left! It was a long trip.

Eoying your report!
Thanks! Glad you are following along!

I am in love with the idea of Tinkerbell gifts. I'm sure it's a lot of work and planning for you but what a fun idea! I've never noticed that small door and had no idea Philharmagic had been updated. I am learning good stuff today!! For some reason I never see the parade -- the floats are so cute!! I'm all about the food so looking forward to hearing about one of your favorite meals!

Good Morning Everyone!!! Happy Sunday!

I started this yesterday but got distracted by life. But I am back this AM to get this next installment posted!

I just started a new pre-trip report thread. If you want to follow along with my planning for our 2023 trips you can find it here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/2-trips-2-coasts-and-so-much-to-plan-for-2023.3893991/

I have been struggling to get caught up on everyone else's trip reports and pre planning. If you are reading along here, PLEASE add a link to your trip report in the comments. I want to read everyones!

Ok, back to the show!

Day Three: Rest, Relaxation and dinner!
I am pretty sure I left us off getting back to the hotel. We went straight to the room to rest.

Andy, me and Gwen went to the pool for an hour. Morgan stayed in the room and showered.

The pool was busy but not too bad. Gwen and I tested out the slide. Andy decided he was "too old" for the slides anymore. (In his defense, he has had 2 back surgeries, so probably for the best)

I didn't bring my phone this time down, so no photographic evidence of our trip to the pool.

We headed back up to the room. While I was waiting to change, I saw Goofy and Pluto were meeting outside. Gwen and I tried to change quickly and run down to find them. But sadly by the time we cgot down there, we couldn’t locate them.

We went into the merchant shop after our unsuccessful search. I got a Coronado Springs mug. I have a mug collection and have been trying to get one for each of the resorts we have stayed at. It was the last one! So, I was happy that I was able to grab it! Saw the ears with elastic.
Ears with elastic
We texted Morgan to see if she wanted them. She asked if they would be her "one thing". I said yes, so she passed. Gwen didn't find anything she wanted, so we headed back up to the room.

Morgan taught Gwen and I how to play sabacc.
Sabacc and Snacks
Sabacc and plushies
Gwen's plushie collection so far. She set them up to watch us play.

Gwen thinking
Gwen intensely thinking about her next move.

We all rested, showered. I had a beer and a Pringle box. Gwen had a Pringle box and some of her rice Kristen treat. Andy had some peanut butter balls and a nap.

We had a full plan for the evening, so we tried to get in some good resting this afternoon. We left the park at 12:30 and headed down for dinner at 4:30. So a good 4 hour break. But man, it always amazes me how fast time goes by in Disney. Those 4 hours went by fast!

Where were we having dinner?

Three Bridges Bar and Grill at Villa del Lago!

Heading to dinner
We deaded down to Three Bridges for dinner 4:34.I used the online check in as we were walking down. So I got us on the list right at 4:30 when it opened. So, it was our second restaurant to rope drop!

Coronado
The resort is beautiful! I think Coronado is under rated a bit. It is big, but still beautiful.

We were sat a couches area by 4:39. The weather was perfect, there was a breeze and we weren't sweating just sitting there. There are tables and couches here, as we requested the couches, they were in the shade and It made for a very relaxing dinner.

Morgan enjoying couches
Morgan was very happy to be sitting in a couch area for dinner tonight.

Our waiter came over shortly, and he was great! We started with some drinks!

I ordered the Sangria Flight!
Sangria Flight
This may or may not have been half of the reason I wanted to come here.
Sangria Flight
Sample all four of our House-Made Sangrias -
Rosado (Rosé) Sangria: Garnacha Rosé Wine, Puerto de Indias Strawberry Gin, Apricot Brandy, Raspberry, Apple,
Tinto (Red) Sangria: Garnacha Wine, Torres Magdala Naranjas del Mediterráneo, Orange,
Espumoso (Sparkling) Sangria: Freixenet Blanc de Blancs Brut Cava, Peach Liqueur, Lemon,
Blanco (White) Sangria: Macabeo Wine, Torres Magdala Naranjas del Mediterráneo, St. Germain Elderflower, Passion Fruit, Lemon
Sangria Flight
This was really fun and a lot of Sangria! Def worth the cost, it was $21 but each of the sangrias had a hard liquor in them and they packed a punch! I am dreaming of having one this weekend!

Andy ordered a Margarita
Spanish Margarita
Spanish Margarita
Patrón Silver Tequila, Cardinal Mendoza Angêlus Original Recipe, Lime, Agave
He said it was good, he had asked the waiter for just a basic margarita. And this fit the bill.

Morgan Ordered
Prickly Pear Té Limonada
Prickly Pear Té Limonada
Iced Tea, Minute Maid® Premium Lemonade, Prickly Pear, Lemon
Morgan liked this. Pear wasn’t super strong, mostly tasted like a half and half drink, but Morgan likes that so it was perfect.

Gwen ordered the special Purple drink the server makes
Gwen's Special Purple Drink
He said it was his secret recipe. It was basically Sprite and something to make it purple, so she didn’t really like it. Gwen doesn't like "fizzy" drinks. But did like that she got a “special” drink.
Gwen and her special Purple Drink

Gwen and her drink

Vacation Chears
Usually, if we fly after school / work, we have a traditional cheers to vacation. And we hadn't done that yet, So... Cheers to Vacation!!!!

Once we all had our drinks, we ordered some apps to start. We got a few apps to share all together:

House-made Guacamole
Tortilla Chips and Tajín (Plant-based)
Guacamole
The Tajin gave the guac almost a kick of lime taste. It was really good. We weren’t sure about it, mostly because Gwen likes Guac and we didn’t know how she would like it. The server said give it a try and if we didn’t like it, he would get us another one. But we all liked it. So, no need for a new one!

Warm Manchego Cheese and Oaxaca Cheese Dip
Chorizo, Roasted Peppers and Tortilla Chips
Queso
Pictured in the front of the pic.
This was the hit of the night! So good. We could have eaten 5 of them. The girls both loved this.

Pan con Tomate
Toasted Bread, Crushed Tomato, Garlic and Olive Oil (Plant-based)
picutred in the back of the photo above.
This was good as well. It was more of a tomato paste but still tasted like bruschetta. Easier to eat than bruschetta and Morgan really liked this as she loves tomatoes.

All 3 were great, but def recommend the guac and the manchego cheese dip!

We ordered some dinner items as well:

Morgan ordered the
Braised Pork Tacos
Crispy Slaw, Salsa Verde, Cotija Cheese and Marinated Fruit
Pork Tacos
Morgan really liked these, she did pick the shredded carrots & Jalapeno off of the top. But wasn’t bothered by the spice that came from the Verde Salsa. I tried a tiny bite of the pork and it was really good.

Andy and I split the
Three Bridges Signature Burger*
Crispy Potato, Manchego Cheese, Roasted Garlic-Lemon Aïoli, Arugula, and Tomato served with Smoked Paprika Fries
Half Burger
This was really good. I had heard it was one of the best burgers on property. And it is def up there. It had a different taste than a standard cheese burger, which was nice. I enjoyed. And I enjoyed the fact that they platted Andy and I seperate plates with the food. Splitting it with Andy after all the apps was just enough food for us. We weren't over stuffed.

Gwen ordered the kids mac and cheese. She was concerned about the size of it. And the Server said he would just do 2 sides of it. And if she still wanted more he would bring her more. (like I said he was great!)
Gwen's Mac and Cheese
Mac and Cheese was pretty good here, it wasn’t the standard Disney mac and cheese. You could tell they made it with real cheese and not powdered Kraft cheese. Gwen did say that Le Celier was still better but this was close.

There was a jalapeno on the plate with Morgan’s Tacos, so Morgan made Gwen lick the Jalapeno. Gwen trying a jalapeno

I took short video evidence of the tasting...
Gwen made a face

So Morgan tried it and called Gwen a whimp.

It was a great dinner! So, nice and relaxing. And delish. It was one of those moments, where you didn't feel like you were at a theme park.

But it was off to the theme parks!!! We left around 6:15. So, we have spent almost 2 hours there, it was just that nice.

I had wanted to leave earlier but it was worth it.

Coronado Hallway
One of the hallways that connects the old lobby area with the new tower.

Waiting for the bus
We didn't wait long, a bus arrived at 6:22 but it was full! So we had to wait for a second one. This was the only time this happened to us thankfully.

Gwen with filters
Gwen played with the filters some more while waiting.

We did make it to Magic Kingdom around 7. So, the wait wasn't too bad.

Up next a fun evening in Magic Kingdom!

I am in love with the idea of Tinkerbell gifts. I'm sure it's a lot of work and planning for you but what a fun idea! I've never noticed that small door and had no idea Philharmagic had been updated. I am learning good stuff today!! For some reason I never see the parade -- the floats are so cute!! I'm all about the food so looking forward to hearing about one of your favorite meals!
The girls do love the tinkerbell gifts. It was hard this trip just because it was so long of a trip.

The photos of the parade don't do it justice. They really are great. You should def see it next time if you can!

I've done Sangria University but not a proper meal at Three Bridges. I need to change that! I both like and dislike that it's walk-up only. And wish it was open for lunch! Sounds like a really great and relaxing meal. Hurrah for a great server - they really make all the difference.

52266466797_356d8a646b_z.jpg
#1 This looks YUMMM and such a great price, honestly!!
#2 SUCH a cute picture of you!!! It could be your profile picture if you were a travel blogger! :)

I've done Sangria University but not a proper meal at Three Bridges
I thought about booking that for me and Andy on this trip, but it would have been on arrival day. And was worried if our flight got delayed. And it just felt weird to ditch the girls immediately getting there.

hat a great dinner. I really wanted to eat here in June but was out voted. We had Cafe Rix instead. It was good but I really wanted Three Bridges.
Bummer! We have eaten there twice now, and both times were relaxing and excellent food.

#1 This looks YUMMM and such a great price, honestly!!
#2 SUCH a cute picture of you!!! It could be your profile picture if you were a travel blogger!
Man to be a travel blogger!!!! Thanks.

Really enjoying this trip report! Headed over to the PTR!
Thanks for following along!!1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter