Nikki & Chris' PJ - 5/5/08 - 5 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loving your PJ ...

I'm sorry that you are having to deal with so much FIL "input" :headache:

Hang in there and know that we are all here for you :grouphug:

Your dress is beautiful and you look great in it! And I really like all of your projects - very unique & personal.

Looking forward to hearing more ... :surfweb: popcorn::

Floral...

First of all, Rose from Disney Floral is great. Second, I hope I am not driving her crazy. DF and I couldn't afford to go down to have an in person Planning Session (money and time), so I have just had phone sessions with both Rose and my planner Celeste. Because I wanted to convey what we wanted to Rose, we emailed her a 5 page list with tons of pictures, detailed descriptions and expected prices for each floral item. We only have $1250 to spend on floral, so I wanted her to be able to tell me during the phone session how much everything would cost and what I should cross off immediately.

The phone session went VERY VERY well and most of the actual prices ended up being less than what I expected. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Again, Rose was great. During our phone session, she would send me emails so that I could see exactly what she was talking about. I also told her about our ridiculous Overgrown Enchanted Fairy Tale Forest Lord of the Rings quasi theme to help her understand that we want nothing to look symmetrical. These are the pics I sent her for inspiration...

My Bouquet ($275)
Blush pink and ivory peonies (for happiness in life) with a few scattered open roses (for happiness in love) and three sprigs of sage (for gratitude, appreciation and loyalty- not sure if Rose can do this yet) 75% ivory satin ribbon wrap, with heart brooch ( I got it on ebay and I love it- It smells awesome too - it smells like the shipper sprayed it with a rose scented perfume :cloud9: )...

peonymix.jpg

peonies.jpg

Peony1.jpg

heartbrooch.jpg

(5) Bridesmaid Bouquets ($40-50)
MOH 7 Mostly pale pink, some blush and ivory roses, 75% Hot pink ribbon
(4) Bridesmaids 5 mostly blush pink, some pale pink and ivory roses, 75% pale pink ribbon.

BMpinkroses.jpg

rose_bridesmaid_bouquetsjpg.jpg

Men's Floral ($10-12.50)
No pics yet... Disney's Fantasy Buttonhole without hidden mickeys.
DF will have one blush rose and one ivory
Best man will have one pale pink rose
(3) Groomsmen will have one blush pink rose each,
Ringbearer, Fathers and Officiant- 1 Ivory rose each

Aisle and Alter ($450)

pinkpetals.jpg

Inspirational photo for wispy stuff to be attached to archway at SBP.
alter.jpg

Next up... Shoes, Accessories and help me pick a tiara!!

Loving your PJ ...

I'm sorry that you are having to deal with so much FIL "input" :headache:

Hang in there and know that we are all here for you :grouphug:

Your dress is beautiful and you look great in it! And I really like all of your projects - very unique & personal.

Looking forward to hearing more ... :surfweb: popcorn::

Thank you stitchlet!! :hug: You disbrides have all been so supportive already. I really think I would have called the wedding off and forced DF to elope if it weren't for this board!! :grouphug: Like I wrote to Wendy, reading about everyone's plans and experiences has been so immensely helpful. I love everyone's pics and stories and they've helped me become and stay excited about my own wedding, despite all of the ridiculousness!

YAY Disboards!!!:cheer2:

- FILs requested that I wear a wedding dress to the NJ reception.

DANGER! DANGER! BAIL OUT! BAIL OUT! :scared1:

OMG, there's your tipoff right there - that totally sounds like a surprise wedding is planned. :scared: I cannot even imagine how I would deal this - oh yes, that's right - I would NOT SHOW UP!

:hug:

In other news.... love the ringbearer pillow idea - it's so chic! Love the invites. And love the bouquet. Now I can't wait to see your wedding pix! popcorn::

Nikki- love your invitations! The floral is beautiful, I am partial to the peonies, though I didnt know that before I started planning my wedding!!

Ugh! the pre-wedding party- stick to your guns! I agree with lurkyloo, sounds like they may be planning what you dont want! :eek: Gosh, what is wrong with families...:hug:

WOW! Everything is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the ringbearer pillow. Your floral ideas are exquisite. And, saving the best for last -- OMG!! Can I commission you to do our invitations? They are so beautiful! LOVE the idea of the BW map and swarovski crystals. Congratulations on how absolutely beautifully everythign is coming together!
I am so sorry your FILs are being so difficult and I really do think you need to prepare yourself for the worst. Any chance you can confront them and tell them you will leave immediately if the event is anything other than what you are willing to go through with? I think DF needs to step up here and put his parents in their place.

ETA: wow! I just read what I wrote and sound like a jerk, but I really want you not to have the stress of having someone else take over your wedding and pre-wedding. You will always regret not putting your foot down, even if you do go along just to keep the peace. Take it from someone who has been through it. :hug:

DANGER! DANGER! BAIL OUT! BAIL OUT! :scared1:

OMG, there's your tipoff right there - that totally sounds like a surprise wedding is planned. :scared: I cannot even imagine how I would deal this - oh yes, that's right - I would NOT SHOW UP!

:hug:

In other news.... love the ringbearer pillow idea - it's so chic! Love the invites. And love the bouquet. Now I can't wait to see your wedding pix! popcorn::

I know!! Isn't it crazy! I keep trying to tell myself that they could not really be planning to "surprise" us with this, but it really is possible.

If a priest shows up, I will go along with it, but I will NEVER talk to them again for as long as I live. I welcome being blessed by a priest, but if the FILs are lying and manipulating us to get what they want I will NEVER be able to trust them again. While I am not Catholic and definitely NOT religious anymore (ex-Pentecostal Sunday School teacher), I do believe in and love God (male/female/energy).

I've even spoken to a priest to find out what we would have to do to be blessed. It made me feel better, because he told me that since I am not Catholic, I would not have to make vows I know I don't intend to follow (continue being a Catholic, try to convert my DF, and raise good Catholic children) DF, on the other hand, would have to take those vows. He doesn't want a Catholic ceremony because he doesn't want to say those vows knowing he doesn't intend to follow through with them. But it doesn't seem to matter. He is her only child and she is having an EXTREMELY difficult time accepting that he has a mind of his own.

I keep having dreams (um, nightmares) where this does actually happen and DF knew about it all along, even though I had asked him about it a million times and he denied it in real life and in the dreams. I end up walking out and calling off the Disney wedding a week later.

LOL, I hope my wedding actually happens and I get to show some wedding pics!

Nikki- love your invitations! The floral is beautiful, I am partial to the peonies, though I didnt know that before I started planning my wedding!!

Ugh! the pre-wedding party- stick to your guns! I agree with lurkyloo, sounds like they may be planning what you dont want! :eek: Gosh, what is wrong with families...:hug:

Thank you Sandy!! I can't wait to see pics of your bouquet! Did you send Rose inspiration pics? I don't remember seeing them in your PJ.

WOW! Everything is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the ringbearer pillow. Your floral ideas are exquisite. And, saving the best for last -- OMG!! Can I commission you to do our invitations? They are so beautiful! LOVE the idea of the BW map and swarovski crystals. Congratulations on how absolutely beautifully everythign is coming together!
I am so sorry your FILs are being so difficult and I really do think you need to prepare yourself for the worst. Any chance you can confront them and tell them you will leave immediately if the event is anything other than what you are willing to go through with? I think DF needs to step up here and put his parents in their place.

ETA: wow! I just read what I wrote and sound like a jerk, but I really want you not to have the stress of having someone else take over your wedding and pre-wedding. You will always regret not putting your foot down, even if you do go along just to keep the peace. Take it from someone who has been through it. :hug:

Thank you Keenercam!! You can commission me for your invitations, if you're serious and if it's not too many. PM me if you are serious. You completely don't sound like a jerk!:hug:

Sandy and Kennercam, thank you for the support! I am ok with the FIL's. They are really really nice otherwise, but I think FMIL is just having a very difficult time. DF is their only son and he lived pretty far from them for all of his adult life. He moved back to NJ within the last year and a half and since then she has met the first girlfriend he has ever introduced them to (that's me :cheer2: ), dealt with he and I moving in together (in complete sin), realized that her son has not gone to church, except for holidays, for over 10 years, and now she's dealing with the fact that her son isn't getting married in the catholic church. She is a traditional Polish Roman Catholic and from what the priest told me, she honestly believes that her only son WILL go to hell for marrying me this way. And her soul is in danger too because she is choosing to attend our wedding.

So while I don't agree with or understand her beliefs, I do respect them. And they are paying for the NJ reception. I am just hoping that if they choose to invite a priest at some point they will have an honest conversation with us about it.

I agree with you Keenercam, I do think my DF should deal with this better, but he doesn't believe that they would do this and he doesn't think the clues I am picking up on are good enough indications to confront them. :confused3 We have both told them multiple times that we are NOT having a catholic ceremony.

I am fine as long as he isn't lying to me. If it turns out that he has anything to do with this, then that's another story.

Just wishing you the best, sweetie and wanting this all to only bring you happy memories in the years to come. :hug:

Hi Nikki! My nick name is Nikki too!
Great PJ! I'm glad you started one. I have seen your posts on the boards and you have been so helpful to me and many others here! I am so sorry for everything you have gone through! You deserve a stress free wedding!!! I love everything you have planned. Just curious, do you know what you are going to wear for your NJ reception? I love your dress for your DFTW.

Sorry you are going through with all this before your wedding. As a NJ bride also getting married in WDW wouldn't you guys need to have a NJ Marriage License if they were planning turning this into an actual wedding. I have not looked into this at all as we will be getting married in WDW so I don't know the laws but I would think they can't just spring a real wedding on you without a license.

On another note, May 5 was the date we originally wanted for our wedding and we are planning a IllumiNations desert party at UK Lower - that would have been so cool to have two Dis brides next to each other at their desert parties.

Linda

Oh - I just checked out your report and see you are using Misty. We just booked her this morning for our November wedding. You will definately have to let me know how she works out and I have to check out your desert party pictures. As she is doing ours also I can't wait to see what she does with yours.

Linda

I love :lovestruc your invations with Boardwalk map!
Where about's are the crystals attached to them?

And where did you get the copy of the map from? Is it an actual map given to you at Disney? You don't have a copy do you, the girl that checked us in when we were last there scribbled all over ours with biro?! :lmao:

Shoes and stuff

These are the shoes I would LOVE to wear!!:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
PINK.jpg

but alas, these are the shoes I will actually wear and the purse I just got in the mail today, Whoo Hooo!!:cheer2: Due to having two brothers and being a tomboy and a young kid during the World Wrestling Federation's peak during the 1980's, I have a chipped bone in my foot. :headache: So, 1" heels are the most I can manage for longer than an hour (damned brothers, jk). I am NOT happy about this. I think it bothers me more than the possibility of FMIL's big surprise! Don't get me wrong, I think these shoes are pretty, but they are a far cry from the heels shown above. I may have these dyed that color though!
DSC02603.jpg

Bridesmaids Shoes
Two of my bridesmaids may wear these. I love them, but I may have to change them if I can't find low heeled gold strappy sandals for my other two bridesmaids who are similarly heel challenged (both love heels- but have bad back problems). Any suggestions are welcome!!

023-5817_1355fb0_Gold.jpg

If I can't find the low gold sandals, everyone will wear these (maybe)...
t10494.jpg

My Dream Wedding Cake :love: :love:
Cake1.jpg

The cake we are actually having. Our cake was the main victim of my budget slashing spree. My parents happily offered to pay for our Disney wedding, and I ecstatically and gratefully accepted. My mother said $30,000, my father said $15,000, so right now it's at $17,000, with Disney's portion including taxes and fees at $11,600. At DF's Bestman's November wedding, people hardly touched the cake. It would kill me if I paid tons of money for a cake that hardly anyone touched. So we picked the cheapest cake ($425 for 50 pp) that most closely resembled our dream cake. Poor, poor cake...

v3_slide0064_image063.gif

The Cake Topper
I am not in love with Mickey and Minnie, but we both wanted a bride and groom cake topper. And being that it is near impossible to find a very nice (keepsake heirloom quality) interracial bride and groom cake topper, Ebay Lenox Mickey and Minnie it is...

minniesdreamwedding70ebay.jpg

My necklace
Rose quartz (said to enhance beauty, true love and passion) I'm going to order it next week. I have no idea what to do about earrings though.
FA07_194743_4.jpg

Hairstyles
I sent these two styles to Patricia. I really like both, but I love the half up/half down style. Patricia thinks that something similar to the Faith Hill style would work best for me. I have a trial scheduled with her for only 3 days before the wedding, but she said she will try both of these and keep working until she finds something that's perfect!! YAY Patricia!! :cheer2:

1.jpg

2.jpg

That's pretty much everything for now. I have tons more to do (Welcome bags, children's favor bags, programs, etc) and I will post pics as I get stuff. Thanks for reading!!

Just wishing you the best, sweetie and wanting this all to only bring you happy memories in the years to come. :hug:

Thank you sweetie. I understand, that's why I said you weren't being a jerk. I wish I could do something or say something to make them understand that this wedding isn't about them. Heck, sometimes I watch Bridezilla and really wish that I could be like that. But all I can do now, is try to ignore them, cross my fingers and hope them respect our wishes and do everything in my power to enjoy myself and help DF enjoy himself.

LOL, My FMIL also ruined my BM dress selection by buying her dress a week before DF even proposed and passive aggressively criticized the length and color of the dresses I ended up picking. There is a lot more too. So I'm just trying to ignore everything and be the more mature person.

I deeply appreciate your best wishes!! :hug: Like I had written before, if it wasn't for all of you disbrides, I would have gone insane and just eloped. I am so grateful for you all!! You really help me put things into perspective!

Hi Nikki! My nick name is Nikki too!
Great PJ! I'm glad you started one. I have seen your posts on the boards and you have been so helpful to me and many others here! I am so sorry for everything you have gone through! You deserve a stress free wedding!!! I love everything you have planned. Just curious, do you know what you are going to wear for your NJ reception? I love your dress for your DFTW.

Thank you Nikki!! :hug: It's ok. I think I deserve a stress free wedding too, but I think it will be great, even with their shenanigans.

This is the NJ reception dress (ordered online, it should be here in 5 weeks) and maybe shoes...
yhst-36019181146476_1987_2516041.gif

DSC02604.jpg

Sorry you are going through with all this before your wedding. As a NJ bride also getting married in WDW wouldn't you guys need to have a NJ Marriage License if they were planning turning this into an actual wedding. I have not looked into this at all as we will be getting married in WDW so I don't know the laws but I would think they can't just spring a real wedding on you without a license.

On another note, May 5 was the date we originally wanted for our wedding and we are planning a IllumiNations desert party at UK Lower - that would have been so cool to have two Dis brides next to each other at their desert parties.

Linda

I think they may just try to have a priest there to bless us, so that they can go to the Disney marriage without jeopardizing their souls. It's not about us being legally married, it's that since the church comes before law, to her, if a priest doesn't bless us at some point, their son will be choosing to live in sin for the rest of his life and in their eyes, their grandchildren will be born out of wedlock.

One NJ priest I spoke to said that they can't do it anyway, because RC marriages are only recognized if they take place inside an RC church. But another priest told me that if they had a friend who was a priest, who was willing to just do it as a symbolic gesture, that may be good enough for them. That's what could possibly happen, a priest showing up to provide that for them. I have my fingers crossed, hoping that the priests they talk to will refuse their request. But then again, none of this may happen. It's just that their requests have been very strange so far.

A double dessert party would have been amazing fun. I'm sorry you chose a different date. There is another disbride with that date, but I don't think she is having a dessert party. :sad2:

Oh - I just checked out your report and see you are using Misty. We just booked her this morning for our November wedding. You will definately have to let me know how she works out and I have to check out your desert party pictures. As she is doing ours also I can't wait to see what she does with yours.

Linda

I will definitely post pics. So far she seems great.

I love :lovestruc your invations with Boardwalk map!
Where about's are the crystals attached to them?

And where did you get the copy of the map from? Is it an actual map given to you at Disney? You don't have a copy do you, the girl that checked us in when we were last there scribbled all over ours with biro?! :lmao:

Thank you Meryll83!!

Here is the link to the map...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm

For the invitations, I photoshopped out all of the writing. The crystals are on the Ceremony and Reception sites (Sea Breeze Point and the Attic).

...Please help me decide

#1 - The Circlet
elvencirclet.jpg

#2 - The Sun Goddess Headband
Tiara2_95.jpg

#3 - The Tiara- My favorite right now! (this one is customizable- it's shown in an antique gold finish- but I may get it in regular gold finish)
Tiara1_85.jpg

I looooooooooooooooove #3!! :lovestruc

By the way, I really like those 1" heels! Where did you get them? I have problems with my feet so I won't be able to wear really high heels either. :goodvibes I was hoping that I wouldn't have to wear something "old lady" and those are gorgeous! :woohoo:

Love your plans btw if I haven't said it already!

I like #2.

Looked at your dream cake. Did you see Kendra's $1700 one? Would hate to see how much Disney would have charged for yours! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter