Nj/ny/ct dvc members

After reading about the opening, I am relieved that we canceled our August trip. Even if there were no quarantine in either direction, 95% compliance with Disney's rules still means there's 5% not complying. (Reading about the women who were at WDW and showing potential COVID symptoms to the point of seeking first aid.)

No one ever said you can't get COVID from protests. But as someone who attended two here in North Jersey, I can tell you everyone was masked up and tried to be as socially distanced as possible when we were marching. And scientifically, it doesn't look like mass infections were caused by protests. Especially in NYC, where there was a massive milestone of 0 deaths yesterday. That's a big difference from possibly visiting a Publix in Florida, where my friends are telling me masks aren't the norm.

I get the quarantine request because the last thing any of us want to do is travel and bring something back to the state when we've all worked SO HARD to keep numbers down. I'm sad. I'm tired. I'm over it. But I want to do my part because the last thing I want is to go through the hell of March-April again.

I'm more mad at DeSantis, who refuses to make a statewide mask mandate, giving credence to the idea that masks aren't effective and won't help. Cases continue to rise, and there's absolutely no plan to combat it. Meanwhile, fatalities in Japan (habitual mask wearers) are low despite more congested living cities and their senior population.

you said you want to do your part but you also said you were in two protests. you said everyone was wearing masks alt the protests I seen on tv a lot wasn’t wearing masks. But ok everyone was wearing masks on the two protests you were in but there was no social distancing. You said you went through hell in March and April but than you did this. Oh ok you can’t get covid from protest lol.

After reading about the opening, I am relieved that we canceled our August trip. Even if there were no quarantine in either direction, 95% compliance with Disney's rules still means there's 5% not complying. (Reading about the women who were at WDW and showing potential COVID symptoms to the point of seeking first aid.)

omg I SAW THAT!!!!!! how could they have been allowed to STAY in the parks?!?! Absolutely horrifying.

Lets keep the conversation to topic and not get off on a tangent about what activists can and cannot increase COVID cases,

Anytime you are in a large gathering you are at a higher risk than when you are not and right now, it seems that both states are currently asking for a self quarantine on return,

My Hope is that FL relaxes rules for trisate soon! I am not thinking it will be reversed though

Technically, in NJ it's an advisory, not an enforced requirement.

That's why my workplace put an enforced quarantine into an effect if you travel to any of the states on the list.
My employer also ordered us to quarantine upon return to NJ from any of the affected states on the list. DeSantis was first to order a quarantine for NJ, NY, CT when they arrived in Fl and then got mad because our governor's did the same for Fl. residents and then DeSantis extended the quarantine by another 60 days. I had to cancel Any vacation and I am still hoping I can go in December.

My employer also ordered us to quarantine upon return to NJ from any of the affected states on the list. DeSantis was first to order a quarantine for NJ, NY, CT when they arrived in Fl and then got mad because our governor's did the same for Fl. residents and then DeSantis extended the quarantine by another 60 days. I had to cancel Any vacation and I am still hoping I can go in December.

joining you with December hopes!!! We were supposed to be there now. I keep telling myself I wouldn’t have been comfortable with the Florida numbers anyway:headache::sad:

omg I SAW THAT!!!!!! how could they have been allowed to STAY in the parks?!?! Absolutely horrifying.

I know - I'm horrified on a number of levels! Ultimately our decision to cancel was "easier" because NY has a return quarantine, and both mine and DH's employers do as well. And HK Disney is closing again.

I know - I'm horrified on a number of levels! Ultimately our decision to cancel was "easier" because NY has a return quarantine, and both mine and DH's employers do as well. And HK Disney is closing again.

chatter around the Internet is that HK Disney closing is less from Covid and more from civil unrest. I wonder how true that is?

So just a curious DVC bystander .... If the NJ rule is an advisory (because as stated the gov doesn't believe enforcement is constitutional) how can your company force you to quarantine? Not being argumentative... Strictly curious. Are you still working remotely? Paid? Can they force you to take the self quarantine unpaid?

I ask because (I'll keep it vague) of a rumor going around about a certain time period that jersey people tend to visit WDW would be forced to take 2 weeks unpaid from work if the self quarantine advisory is still in effect and they visit a state that is under that advisory

So just a curious DVC bystander .... If the NJ rule is an advisory (because as stated the gov doesn't believe enforcement is constitutional) how can your company force you to quarantine? Not being argumentative... Strictly curious. Are you still working remotely? Paid? Can they force you to take the self quarantine unpaid?

I ask because (I'll keep it vague) of a rumor going around about a certain time period that jersey people tend to visit WDW would be forced to take 2 weeks unpaid from work if the self quarantine advisory is still in effect and they visit a state that is under that advisory

My husbands company (I don’t feel comfortable naming it- and this is just FYI info we have, we’re not going to Florida) won’t require a two week stay at home, because it’s not an enforceable law by the governor, it’s voluntary. On the other hand, where my best friend works is mandating a two week no sick time, no pay quarantine from work. Both companies are in NJ.

I’m super curious about your vague rumor! Is it by any chance in the fall season?

I think the better question is can you go to Disney and keep your mouth shut.

I think the better question is can you go to Disney and keep your mouth shut.
It's not about that. It's more of an inquiry and not for myself... I just know many dvc members in NJ. I'm sure people CAN keep their mouth shut.. but it's really a question of what an employer can legally do. Myself.. I currently would not be going from NJ to FL at the moment the way infection rates are in each state. However... Considering schools are returning (and lets not even say employer) what about students whose family would go during this extreme jersey visitation timeframe.... Will students or families of the students have them self quarantine?

I'm betting this is something employers can legally do. Most employment is at will. Employers are trying to protect their workers. Unless you have a contract that includes guarantees for things such as hours or $, your employer can really do whatever they feel they need to do. The easiest way to do so is to keep those traveling to high-risk areas away from their other employees, especially with a governor encouraging those protections. It's something folks need to keep in mind when traveling right now.

When we returned from Florida (after UO re-opened, before Florida really started re-blowing up) we stayed in for 2 weeks to be safe. UO, I felt, was great with distancing and masks, but we were still exposed to more people than we normally would be had we stayed home (airports, ugh). The right thing to do seemed to be to stay home. I am not from a state that is requiring or requesting quarantines for any states travel.

I haven't been paying attention but apparently there is a hotline to call in NY if you suspect someone has traveled to a state on the list and has not quarantined when they return.
What about someone who lives in Florida and drove to NY? Are they suppose to quarantine? I saw no border patrols when crossing into NY

What about someone who lives in Florida and drove to NY? Are they suppose to quarantine? I saw no border patrols when crossing into NY

Yes, they are still supposed to quarantine. Unless it's just driving through. Someone told me if you're there less than 24 hours (which would allow driving through and stopping for food or gas or something) you don't have to quarantine. Don't quote me on that one tho.

Yes, they are still supposed to quarantine. Unless it's just driving through. Someone told me if you're there less than 24 hours (which would allow driving through and stopping for food or gas or something) you don't have to quarantine. Don't quote me on that one tho.
Well I've been up here since May 6th and traveling between NY and my cottage every couple days just across the border in PA and have seen no border patrols.

I thought the question was if quarantine was required, not if there was a border patrol. I apologize. I believe Cuomo said there are no border patrols for the roads, but the fines for getting caught in violation along with addition quarantine, and a HUGE fine if tracing indicates you got someone sick. I swear every article I found in a quick skim that looked like it would be clear and concise required a subscription. I give up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter