No Boys Allowed! Trip Report Updated 6/29*

UDFlyer12

Disney Princess
No Boys Allowed!

Hello and thanks for joining my trip report. I have always wanted to write one of these, which is why it is on my bucket list you will see below. We will be in the World from May 6th-11th. This is our second girl’s only trip, the first being during my CP in 2011. Below you will see my pre-trip report, followed by the full report, dining and all, when we return! But first, let me introduce the attendees and our plans.

Me
me1.jpg

My name is Krista and I am a 24 year-old full-time librarian and part-time Disney vacation planner for my friends and family. I have been visiting every year for about the past 10 years, with a few visits before that, and I worked as a CM during the spring 2011 CP as an attractions hostess at Peter Pan’s Flight and It’s a Small World. My hobbies include reading books, trading pins, and watching sports (Go Dayton Flyers!) My favorite Disney restaurant and meal is Tusker House breakfast and my favorite attraction used to be the Maelstrom, may he rest in peace. You will also see pictures from the trip taken with my Canon EOS Rebel T5.

My sister
lauren.jpg

Lauren is a 27 year-old student finishing up her doctorate in psychology. She and her husband reside in Kentucky. She is recently married, and also has a Disney addiction. Her husband prefer trips every 3 years, while she thinks once a year is better…thus a girls only trip was born. Her hobbies include playing with her 3 year-old Australian Shepherd dog, talking to me on the phone about planning trips to Disney, and watching Cincinnati sports teams. Her favorite Disney restaurant Tangerine Cafe is and her favorite ride is Splash Mountain. She is not much of a picture taker, but is a fan of posing for them.

My mom
jen.jpg
Jenny is a part-time pediatric nurse from Ohio. She has been married for 30 years to my dad, and has a son and two amazing daughters, if I do say so myself. She first visited the world in the 70s as a child, and has been hooked ever since. Her hobbies include scrapbooking, taking pictures, and planning trips. Her favorite Disney restaurant is Be Our Guest and her favorite attraction is Rockin’ Rollercoaster. The majority of pictures you will see posted throughout the trip will be from her Canon 70D.

Our Plans

We are taking this trip without any of our men, which explains the title. We will be staying 5 nights in a garden view room at Port Orleans French Quarter. We are usually moderate-level hotel people, and we stayed here last year and really enjoyed it. Our favorite however, is Riverside.

· Packing and Travel Day 1
· Arrival Day 2: 5/6: Hollywood Studios

• Part 1: Arrival
  • Part 2: Downtown Disney
  • Part 3: DTDand Earl of Sandwich
  • Part 4: Hollywood Studios
  • Part 5: 50s Prime Time and Characterpalooza
  • Part 6: Day 1 is in the Books!

· Day 3:5/7: Magic Kingdom/Epcot

• Part 1 Magic Kingdom EMH
  • Part 2 More Magic Kingdom
  • Part 3 Epcot Arrival and FOOD
  • Part 4 MORE FOOD!
  • Part 5: Butterflies and Topiaries!
  • Part 6: Art of Animation Visit

· Day 4:5/8:Animal Kingdom/Hollywood Studios

· Day 5:5/9:Epcot

· Day 6:5/10:Magic Kingdom

· Departure Day 7:5/11

Bucket List:

• Make a trip report
  • Eat at 50s Prime Time
  • Try one item from each of the F&G booths
  • Try a specialty margarita from La Cava del Tequila
  • See Flights of Wonder
  • Characterpalooza
  • Speciality drink and visit to Trader Sam’s
  • Try a Dole Whip
  • Get a homemade ice cream sandwich from Sleep Hollow Treats
  • Eat a pizza at Via Napoli
  • Ride the "create your own rollercoaster" at innoventions (this is for me only since I am slightly claustrophobic and have never done it)
  • Take photos with crazy poses with the characters

Feel free to follow along and I hope you all enjoy! I will try to do as many live updates as possible throughout the trip, before posting any official information. If you have any obscure bucket list suggestions we may not have heard of, feel free to let me know!

Disclaimer: Now that the trip is over we have decided to add a few things to the trip. First will be, “Thing Overheard at Disney”. We heard some of the most hilarious things this trip and decided to document them. I apologize in advance if you are any of these people.

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun trip...I can't wait to read all about it. We did a girls trip last fall and had a blast just DD and I.

Love the bucket list...think I'll do one for our fall trip.

Sounds like a fun trip...I can't wait to read all about it. We did a girls trip last fall and had a blast just DD and I.

Love the bucket list...think I'll do one for our fall trip.

Girls trips are the best! This way we don't have to worry about the guys dragging us behind and can do whatever we want since we have similar tastes in both food and attractions. Since we have been so many times we figured a bucket list would get us out of the groove of doing the same things every time. Let me know how your bucket list goes!

Last edited:

Following along! My mom and I did a girls only trip in October 2012 and are doing another one in September 2016! They are the best type of trips in my opinion! :thumbsup2

Packing and Travel Day 1: 5/5/15

I woke up this morning feeling so anxious! Unfortunately we all had full days ahead of us before the fun could begin. I went to the library as usual, Jenny went to the doctor’s office, and Lauren went to class. I got home from work around 5:15 and quickly started packing. Yesterday I bought a few new tank tops from Old Navy, and a new pair of shoes for the trip…I know what you’re all thinking…I am going to regret this. But they were so cute and I’m kind of over wearing my old ugly sneakers around. Disney can be fashionable too!

These are my new sneakers!
IMG_1560.jpg
Jenny got home from work around 6:30 and did some more packing. We tried to keep it to one suitcase to share, but eventually ended up with one suitcase and two carry-ons.
IMG_1556.jpg
My mom and I love Disney Vera Bradley bags and were sure to pack these as our purses for the trip (I have two wallets, two purses, and a duffle myself :rotfl2:).
IMG_1557.jpg
My mom is an avid picture taker, so once her lens rental was packed away, we were out the door and driving to Louisville to meet up with Lauren around 7PM.
We made a quick stop at Arby’s even though it was a 2 hour drive from Cincinnati.
IMG_1558.jpg
We made it to Louisville by 9PM and quickly took showers and settled in. We spent the evening watching the Cincinnati Reds win!...as well as a few episodes of Flip or Flop (we are obsessed with HGTV).
IMG_1559.jpg
After some last minute checks with bags, we went to bed. Our flight leaves SDF tomorrow at 6AM with a stop in ATL before heading into MCO. The time has come and I simply cannot wait! :cool1:

Last edited:

My wife is a Flyer Alum. I never hear the end of it.

I am a Disney nut. She never hears the end of it.

:P

My wife is a Flyer Alum. I never hear the end of it.

I am a Disney nut. She never hears the end of it.

:P

GOOOOO Dayton Flyers! Lucky for you two, I am both. :drinking:

I will be posting a Day 1 Update tonight I promise! I have yet to unpack and I had to go back to work immediately. Who knew these reports were so much work!:confused3

Day 2: 5/6/15 Part 1 Arrival

What a day! We set our alarms for 4:20AM, in preparation for our 6AM flight out of SDF. There were a couple of bloopers along the way. First, my mom thought she lost her iPad somewhere in the airport, but I had it the entire time. This shenanigan wasted about 10 minutes and she was not happy by the end of it. We boarded our flight on time and made it to our connection in ATL around 7AM.
Onboard reading materials...I highly recommend this book!
IMG_1562.jpg

Unfortunately our layover time was extended two weeks ago so our flight to MCO wouldn’t be taking off until about 8:45AM. Finally we made it on the plane. This is Lauren's "excited to be heading to Disney" face. Her philosophy is to make a silly face when you look kinda crappy.
IMG_1561.jpg
On the flight, we had the most obnoxious mother/daughter combo behind us. The daughter was screaming the lyrics to “First Time in Forever” (darn you, Frozen), while kicking the back of Lauren’s seat. The mother only encouraged the daughter saying, “Wow, you have such a pretty voice”…Excuse me? This lasted the entire length of the flight.

We made sure to take advantage of the Delta cookies and apple juice while on the flight.
IMG_1563.jpg
Below is a preview of my "Disney Pump Up Music". This song definitely gets me teary-eyed for some odd reason.
IMG_1564.PNG

Thankfully we had a bit of luck, arriving in Orlando 20 minutes earlier than expected. This is mine and Lauren's "excited to being in Orlanda face".
IMG_1566.jpg
We made it down to our rental company desk, Firefly, which we had thought we had gotten a deal on. However, once they tacked on a million other charges, the price ended up being double than what we were quoted via third party website. Grrrr! Then, we got to the second floor of the parking garage to retrieve our car and saw that we had received the biggest piece of you know what. It was a “brand new” Chevy Cruze that looked like it had seen better days. We just wanted to get going so we documented it with the company and took our own pictures and were on our way. Hopefully the day's bad luck would end here...or would it? DUN DUN DUN (Queue dramatic music).
IMG_1672.JPG IMG_1673.JPG
Below are our MagicBands courtesy of Jenny's Cricut. We made sure to slap these on before heading to the hotel. "And away we gooooooooo!"-Peter Pan's Flight
IMG_1568.jpg IMG_1569.jpg

Day 2: 5/6/15 Part 2 Downtown Disney

We were finally on Disney property! This is the first sign we saw and we knew we were in the bubble.
IMG_0004.JPG

This sign seriously makes me want to cry.

IMG_0007.JPG
We made it to Port Orleans French Quarter around 11:30AM and were praying our room would be ready since we had requested early check-in. Unfortunately it was not. We went back to the car, grabbed some clothes to change into in the bathroom of the resort, and headed to Downtown Disney. Below is a few pictures I took of the resort before we headed off.

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

We parked in the new parking garage, which was super nice!...But also chaotic, with few cast members directing us. Not only that, but it was far away from our destination. At this point we had be up for about 7 hours and needed a Starbucks kick ASAP.
IMG_0012.JPG
After we filled that need, we headed to the biggest and greatest store of all time…WORLD OF DISNEY! We intended to peruse…but I ended up leaving with two brand new Alex and Ani bracelets and a pair of Mickey Earrings with my birthstone in it. Lauren made it out empty-handed thankfully. The same, however, could not be said for Jenny. She left with a new Pandora bracelet and three charms. Pricey…but these bracelets are adorable!

IMG_1567.jpg

Day 2: 5/6/15 Part 3 DTD and Earl of Sandwich

After this non-expectant price bomb, we headed to Guest Services for Jenny’s upgrades. She is now the brand new hold of an Annual Pass and Tables in Wonderland card! Yay Jenny! She is doing this because of our length of stay, as well as her week-long visit in October for F&W/Halloween.
IMG_0017.JPG
While there, we also go “I’m Celebrating” pins for Lauren and I.
IMG_1577.jpg
Per tradition, we then headed to the World of Christmas for our annual ornament. Because it’s a girl only trip, we opted for purple with gold lettering to commemorate our hotel.
IMG_0018.JPG
We then headed over to our favorite stop, Earl of Sandwich. While in the airport Lauren stated that she was going to, “Smash her face with some Earl of Sandwich”. While she didn’t quite do that exactly, she did enjoy her meal. Lauren and Jenny opted to split an Original Sandwich with a side of potato salad, while I had the Hot Italian with no tomatoes.
IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG
On a scale of 0-5, we all rated our sandwiches about a 3.8. It is kind of hard to rate a sandwich at a 5, unless it is made out of gold and tastes like heaven. Don’t get us wrong, we really enjoyed these, but they were nothing to rave about and we are harsh critics I suppose.

After that, we realized we were going to have to rush to get to our first fastpass. However, we got a text saying our room was readying and decided to stop there quickly to drop off our bags and put our faces on (makeup…I was desperate for some of that).
IMG_1570.PNG
We were a bit disappointed to see that none of our requests were fulfilled. We had asked for early check in, top floor, or a corner room. We checked into our room slightly early, around 2PM, and had a room on the second floor in middle of the hall. I know these requests aren’t guaranteed but I guess we were hoping for something. Nonetheless, our room was beautiful! I love this resort, which is why we stay here every chance we get.

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

Last edited:
Following along! :) We were there at the same time and girls' only trips are so much fun! I love your Magicbands. French Quarter is one of my favourite resorts and I love the idea of having your ornament match the resort's colours!

Following along!!

Starbucks, I could go for some right now or really anytime....

Everyone raves about EoS, I guess I need to try it sometime.

Interested to hear about this resort as I was considering it for a future trip...

Following along! :) We were there at the same time and girls' only trips are so much fun! I love your Magicbands. French Quarter is one of my favourite resorts and I love the idea of having your ornament match the resort's colours!

The low crowd levels were amazing, weren't they??? And thanks, my mom is super proud of her MagicBand upgrades. The ornament just happened to match the resort, and worked out quite nicely. I will have a final picture later in the report. :)

Following along!!

Starbucks, I could go for some right now or really anytime....

Everyone raves about EoS, I guess I need to try it sometime.

Interested to hear about this resort as I was considering it for a future trip...

Thanks for joining us! Starbucks is honestly good any time, any day. It's more fun when they write "Princess Krista" on the cup though :goodvibes EoS is amazing. When I lived in New Jersey I flew out of the Philly airport and was lucky enough to have EoS in Terminal D regularly...it's addicting! French Quarter is amazing as always. We were right by the lobby and the pool and it was still extremely quiet! More pictures to come!

I'm joining in!

Thanks for joining! Enjoy!

Day 2: 5/6/15 Part 4 Hollywood Studios

After a short 15 minute break in the room, we hopped in the car and headed for Hollywood Studios, our first destination of the trip.
IMG_0035.JPG
We quickly sped over to Tower of Terror for our fastpass and made it with 10 minutes to spare in our time frame. We love this ride and I got a pretty decent shot from the top, as well as our fabulous ride photo (we are the three EXTREMELY SCARED individuals in the front row).

IMG_0416.JPG
IMG_0040.JPG
Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 9.46.43 PM.png
After that we had a fastpass immediately for Rockin’ Rollercoaster. Jenny LOVES this ride, which is probably why we rode it 3 times in just a few short hours.
IMG_0417.JPG
After these two rides, we killed some time in the shops before our ADR. I bought these two super cute pins!

IMG_1575.jpg
Next stop...50s Prime Time!

Last edited:
Day 2: 5/6/15 Part 5 50s Prime Time Cafe and Characterpalooza

We then headed to our next destination, 50s Prime Time Café.
IMG_0047.JPG
IMG_0408.JPG
IMG_0406.jpg
I can’t for the life of me remember our Cousin’s name, but he was a good sport and did the right amount of sass-talking. We all ordered waters and perused over the menu.
IMG_0051.JPG
I ordered the Fried Chicken, Lauren ordered the Sampler, and Jenny ordered the Pot Roast.
IMG_0410.JPG
(Pot Roast)
IMG_0411.jpg
(Lauren's Sampler with our awesome Cousin in the background!)
IMG_0412.jpg
(Me and my fried chicken...Yum!)
We all finished our meals completely, with the exception of one piece of my fried chicken...which I was yelled at for since I didn't clear my plate :sad:We were pretty full and really enjoyed our meals. It is such a fun experience and I would love to go back. We even got to test out Jenny’s new TIW card.

After dinner we ran over to the gates by the exit of ToT for Characterpalooza. Here is a sample of the characters they had: Evil Queen, Tiana, Robin Hood, Dopey, and Pluto. The gates opened around 6:00 and the people waiting FLOODED IN. It was kind of insane. Because there were so many people and not enough time, we only got our picture with the Evil Queen. She was fabulous and very rude and I loved it. It is definitely worth the wait!
IMG_0425.JPG
Next stop…more Hollywood Studios rides!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter