No Boys Allowed! Trip Report Updated 6/29*

Day 2: 5/6/15 Part 6 Day 1 is in the Books!

After that, we paused for a bit before taking another turn on RnR before heading over to Star Tours for our next fastpass. I forgot they did different sequences depending on which theater you are in, and we LOVED the one we had. We were almost eaten by an underwater sea monster!
IMG_0061.JPG
We then headed back over to ToT and RnR for another ride before I decided I was ready for a snack.
IMG_0041.JPG
I opted for a chocolate covered banana with nuts. This hit the spot and was extremely tasty. I was glad it was milk chocolate since I can’t stand dark chocolate.
IMG_1586.jpg
After this little treat we headed to see what the line for TSM was. It said it was about 35 minutes so we ran in line. The wait was almost exactly this. Luckily, I had my phone and Lauren and I played Heads Up to pass the time. Lauren and I rode together and she kicked everyone’s butts!
IMG_1589.jpg
Our last stop of the day was to the Animator’s Studio to get a drawing lesson. This time we got to draw Piglet, which I was thrilled for. At the end of the session the artist, Brian, did a Winnie the Pooh trivia question. “What does the sign outside of Piglet’s house say, that he claims is his grandfather?”…I will let you guys guess that one. But I got it right and Brian gave me his signed drawing from the session! Yay for free Disney stuff!
IMG_1592.jpg

We were exhausted at this point and headed back to the hotel. We stopped at Sassagoula Floatworks for a snack. We shared a pepperoni pizza, ice cream, and a carrot cake. Actually the carrot cake was ALL MINE because I am obsessed with these little things.
IMG_1593.jpg
IMG_1596.jpg
IMG_0064.JPG

After eating we decided our bodies needed a break and went to the hot tub for about 20 minutes before deciding it was bed time. We showered and agonized over our tired feet and bodies and went to bed. Magic Kingdom is coming earlier than you think! We have to leave around 730AM…Yikes!

Attachments

• IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 4
50's Prime time is on my list of places to try in the future, everyone's food always looks so good, and the story's always seem fun to0!

After dinner we ran over to the gates by the exit of ToT for Characterpalooza. Here is a sample of the characters they had: Evil Queen, Tiana, Robin Hood, Dopey, and Pluto. The gates opened around 6:00 and the people waiting FLOODED IN. It was kind of insane. Because there were so many people and not enough time, we only got our picture with the Evil Queen. She was fabulous and very rude and I loved it. It is definitely worth the wait!
img_0425-jpg.97195

UM this is amazing, I wish that there were more Villain meets!

Our last stop of the day was to the Animator’s Studio to get a drawing lesson. This time we got to draw Piglet, which I was thrilled for. At the end of the session the artist, Brian, did a Winnie the Pooh trivia question. “What does the sign outside of Piglet’s house say, that he claims is his grandfather?”…I will let you guys guess that one. But I got it right and Brian gave me his signed drawing from the session! Yay for free Disney stuff!
img_1592-jpg.97218

That's awesome that you got the signed picture for the session! Did you draw one too? I have wanted to take this class too but haven't had a chance yet... See my to do Disney list is so long i will never do it all!

I googled the answer, i would have never know that....

MK with an early start... hope you all got a good nights sleep!

50's Prime time is on my list of places to try in the future, everyone's food always looks so good, and the story's always seem fun to0!

UM this is amazing, I wish that there were more Villain meets!

That's awesome that you got the signed picture for the session! Did you draw one too? I have wanted to take this class too but haven't had a chance yet... See my to do Disney list is so long i will never do it all!

I googled the answer, i would have never know that....

MK with an early start... hope you all got a good nights sleep!

You definitely need to try 50s Prime Time. Apparently the secret is out on how amazing it is because there were NO walk-ups available that day.

Villain meets are the best, they are so sassy! Keep reading because there is one more of them from the last day of our trip :teeth:

And yes, we did the character drawing twice that trip. We drew Piglet, as well as the alien from Toy Story...which was actually really hard. The trick is to do the last session of the day, which is 30 minutes before park closing. That way you don't get stuck in a line, but you also get last pick of whatever was not drawn already that day. We lucked out both times though because we loved both!

Day 3: 5/7/15 Part 1 Magic Kingdom EMH

The next day we were so tired when we had our alarm go off around 6AM. I had not properly prepared my body for the amount of abuse it took the day before, and I was about to do it again. This time…with blisters on my feet. I will preface this by letting you know this is the last day of the trip I wore my new shoes…what a disaster! I did however make sure to stop and take a few more pictures of our beautiful hotel.
IMG_0067.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG
We headed down to Sassagoula Floatworks around 7:15AM and the three of us split breakfast platters. This is so much food and definitely a good idea to split between people. We usually do this same thing when we go to Sunshine Seasons.
IMG_0068.JPG
Around 7:45 we headed to the car and drove to the Magic Kingdom. When we go there, the monorail wasn’t operating just yet so we hopped on the ferry. I love taking the ferry but I also hate waiting for it to fill up so we can leave. There are places to be!
IMG_0074.JPG
We finally made it to the Magic Kingdom around 8:15AM, just enough time to make some of the EMH. We knew we wanted to hit up Fantasyland during EMH in order to avoid the long afternoon lines in the heat. We also wanted to see the new Peter Pan queue, so we went there! This is my ride from my CP so I have a soft spot for it. This queue is amazing and so fun. The best part…they PUMP the AC in there! The next thing we knew we were off to Neverland!
IMG_0444.JPG
Our next few stops included my other CP ride, It’s a Small World…or the happiest cruise to ever sail!
After that we made a stops at Winnie the Pooh, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain. We did all of these rides before 12PM!
IMG_0105.JPG
IMG_0462.JPG
IMG_0461.JPG
By this time we were pretty hungry for a snack so we made a stop over at the carts in Frontierland and ate inside the Diamond Horseshoe. Lauren opted for a Mickey pretzel, and I had my very first churro! Churros may become my new thing because this was tasty!

IMG_0108.JPG IMG_0109.JPG

Day 3: 5/7/15 Part 2 More Magic Kingdom

After a snack we spent an unusual amount of time over at the Rapunzel bathrooms. These are so ornate and beautiful and I took pictures of just about everything…so much so that I forgot to use the restroom.
IMG_0119.JPG
IMG_0117.JPG
After this we had fastpasses for the Seven Dwarves Mine Train, so we hopped over there and rode that. This ride is fun and has a lot of neat show features…but I would never wait the wait times they post there for a ride this short…fast pass all the way!
IMG_0470.JPG
IMG_0468.JPG
We decided to walk down Main Street USA after this and ran into the Move It Shake It Dance and Play It Street Party. This was super cute and I think would be really fun with little kids. They don’t really rope off the street at all and they encourage you to dance in the street with characters and dancers.
IMG_0126.JPG
We decided to walk through the shops as a little break and fell upon a man making a glass vase in the crystal store. We watched this from start to finish. I cannot for the life of me remember this guy’s name but he was great! He answered all of our questions and had some extremely dry humor, which I appreciated. He made this process seem so easy, though it obviously was not. I was half-tempted to buy a vase after but knew I wouldn’t have room in my bags. Next time!
IMG_0130.JPG
We then headed off to ride some more rides. We stopped at Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

IMG_0527.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG
IMG_0512.JPG

After this we decided it was time to depart and head to our next park… Epcot!

I have some catching up to do! Great updates!

The drawing of Piglet is so cute! We had Brian for one of our animation classes too this year, he's my absolute favourite! I got his drawing of Daisy Duck by answering a trivia question too (ours was "What are the names of Daisy's nieces?") and I think that's the best way for artists to give them away if they choose to.

You had a really great MK day! Churros are one of my favourite Disney snacks, they're so good. I love doing little things like watching the glass blowers and the little shop/show things in Disney. They're so overlooked but some of the highlights!

You had a really great MK day! Churros are one of my favourite Disney snacks, they're so good. I love doing little things like watching the glass blowers and the little shop/show things in Disney. They're so overlooked but some of the highlights!

Churros are now my life! I can't believe it took me almost 25 years to have one! I totally agree with you on the glassblowers. It happens sort of in the background so people don't tend to notice but it is incredible! And this guy was the nicest castmember all day!

I will preface this by letting you know this is the last day of the trip I wore my new shoes
OH NO! :crutches:

After a snack we spent an unusual amount of time over at the Rapunzel bathrooms. These are so ornate and beautiful and I took pictures of just about everything…so much so that I forgot to use the restroom.
:rotfl2:

Looking like a good trip so far... even if your feet aren't feeling it.... that is the worst, has happened to me to many times i feel your pain...

Looking like a good trip so far... even if your feet aren't feeling it.... that is the worst, has happened to me to many times i feel your pain...

Stylish and cute is officially not the way to go. Lauren wore freaking flip flops the whole time like a nut!:confused3

Day 3: 5/7/15 Part 3 Epcot Arrival and Food
We hopped on the monorail at Magic Kingdom, rode that to the TTC, and switched monorails and headed to Epcot. We made it there around 3PM.
IMG_0536.JPG
We were starving again! So we went straight to Mexico. We decided to head inside the pavilion and check out our options. We planned on waiting in line at La Cava de Tequila, but luckily they had some seating so we had the waitress seat us at a cute little booth. We then order some chips and queso as well as two margaritasI highly recommend both of these! We opted for the Passion Fruit Margarita and the Avocado Margarita (my favorite). We inhaled these down…literally. I would venture to say that the chips and queso was probably average, but we were starving so it tasted like heaven.

IMG_0566.JPG

We even stopped for some photos with the man of the country!
IMG_0575.JPG

Next stop was Norway…look how sad I am! I loved Maelstrom, may she rest in peace.
IMG_0577.jpg
We did a bit more snacking before our actual meals. We stopped in Germany at the Werther’s store and got caramel popcorn and chocolate and caramel covered pineapple. SOOOOOO GOOD!
IMG_0585.jpg
IMG_0584.JPG
More Epcot up next...

Last edited:
Day 3: 5/7/15 Part 4 MORE FOOD!
We spent some time going through the shops until we were hungry again for some actual food. Lauren is obsessed with Tangierine Café, so her and my mom stopped there and shared the Mediterranean Slider Combo. This had lamb, chicken, beef with couscous salad and bread. They both really enjoyed it.
IMG_0603.JPG
While they did this, I spent some time wandering through Morocco. I love this fountain!
IMG_0142.JPG
I had one more snack stop before my actual meal. I went to the F&G booth in France and got a strawberry macaroon and a glass of Kir Imperial. This being my first macaroon, it was…interesting. The best part was the jelly inside! But a flavored marshmallow was essentially strange so I guess I don’t understand the hype. The wine was very sweet. It definitely went well with the macaroon but the sweetness was killing me so I only drank about half.
IMG_0607.JPG
At this point I was now starving so we headed over to Sunshine Seasons where I ate the Orange Chicken platter. This came with rice and peppers. The chicken was good but the rice was slightly overcooked so it was mushy…yuck! As you can tell, I don't like being photographed while I eat.
IMG_0642.JPG
IMG_0643.jpg
Next stop...Just a Little Bit More Epcot

Last edited:
Following! I am hoping to do my first ever trip to WDW next year around the same time so its great to see/read about how it is like in early-May.

Following! I am hoping to do my first ever trip to WDW next year around the same time so its great to see/read about how it is like in early-May.

Thanks! It was basically empty compared my many many visits in July over the years with very low wait times and easy access to reservations. Best time of the year to go IMO.

Churros, like funnel cake, are a way of life. Welcome to the club!

I know right?? Where have these delicious beauties been my whole life?!

Your trip report is awesome! We stayed at POFQ three months ago and loved it. Now I will have to try a churro. 41 and never have. :/

Your trip report is awesome! We stayed at POFQ three months ago and loved it. Now I will have to try a churro. 41 and never have. :/

Thank you! We LOVE both of the Port Orleans Resorts. Riverside is probably of our favorite of the two mainly because of the landscaping, but FQ is a very close second due to proximity of the buildings. Also, you MUST MUST MUST try a churro...life changing experience :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter