No Fantillusion until Dec 3?

nicola

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell<br><font color=gre
It has been posted on another thread that Fantillusion will not be starting until Dec 3. Does anyone know if this is true? I was told numerous times that it was on when I booked. We have never seen Fantillusion and I had planned our holiday around the dates it was supossed to be on. If this is true and it is not on I will be looking to change my dates, only problem have booked non-refundable flights and 2 extra nights non-refundable at off site hotel. I will be looking for compensation if this is correct as I was assured several times that it was definitely on. Please advise anyone.

I have just checked on Disneyland paris's official website and it says Fantillusion is starting from Nov 5th? On the other website that states that they are not starting til Dec 5th several people including a Cast member have stated that it is definitely not starting til Dec 5th. What does everyone think could they get away with posting on the official website that Fantillusion is starting on Nov 5 and then change it to Dec 3? Would we have any come back if this happened??

Nicola
sorry I cannot help. I would caution paying too much attention to the other forum - it is easy to say you are a castmember. many a thread as a number of CM's disputing what each other says :confused3

I'd phone Disneyland Paris and explain your concern and seek clarification.

Reid

It is posted on that other website that the Thomas Cook brochure states that Fantillusion doesn't start until Dec 3. Does anyone have a Thomas Cook brochure that they could check? I will be on the phone first thing tomorrow morning but would really like further input from anyone who knows anything so I can sleep a bit better tonight.

OK - I've got a copy of the "Thomas Cook Signature" brochure for DLP - for the period June 2005 - 2006 (Second Edition - dated May 2005).

It says (Page 12):

Disney's Fantillusion
16 July - 28 August 2005 and 5 November 2005 - 8 Janaury 2006

Based on the original posts - the author appears to be talking about the Belgian version of the Thomas Cook brochure.

So Iain do you personally think that Fantillusion may not start until Dec 3? There were some pretty convincing responses on that other forum and a couple of different people confirmed that they had heard same. Could Disney do that do you think?

I really hope this isn't the case! I'm planning my next visit - not until next November boo hoo! - around seeing Fantillusion and the Xmas decorations. Iwas really hoping to see Fantillusion though. I've never managed to catch it yet.

I really hope this isn't the case. I've been planning my next visit around catching Fantillusion in November 06

First Choice brochure has Fantillusion down as 5th November 2005 - 8th January 2006.

Ok Folks Here is a run down of what has happened today. I rang the Uk reservations office this morning and was told that Fantallusion was starting on NOv 5th. I explained to her about the rumours and insisted she check again, she then put me on hold and came back and said no that it wouldn't be starting until Dec 3 after all. I told her I wanted to speak to someone higher up and she put me through to Customer Care where I spoke to someone named Candice. She confirmed that it is starting on Dec 3. I explained to her that when I booked I told them specifically that the dates would need to be planned around the Fantallusion parade and that I was assured time and time again that it was definitely starting on November 5th. I then told her that on the website it was advertising Nov 5 and in all the brochures. She made me come home from work turn on my computer and show her where the website said this (as she said she could not find it herself). I had to sneak out of work and ring her from home. When I proved to her that it did say this she had a comeback anyway stating that at the bottom of the page it states that parades/shows can be changed without prior notice. I then pointed out to her that I did not book over the internet but over the phone and was not told that they could be changed without prior notice. She then said she would look into it and ring me no later than 2:00 after she had spoken with her manager. At 3:45 she still hadn't rang so I rang her back and she said that her manager said that they could not do anything. I told her I was going to take it further. To add to it, I just checked email and there was an email from DLP saying that Fantallusion would be starting on NOv 5th. It's crazy!!!!I am sooo gutted and don't even have the heart to tell the kids. We have been saving for this trip for 2 years and had booked DLH and since we have never seen Fantillusion it was going to be the main highlight for us. It is going to cost us £145 pounds to change our flights. Does anyone have any advice? I don't think they should be allowed to get away with it. Is it worth paying and extra £145 pounds to see Fantallusion considering we've never seen it before. To be honest I am considering cancelling whole trip, I just feel it is ruined now. Does anyone with any legal knowledge have any advice as to how I could fight this?

Nicola
that is terrible news, although I'm not sure what you can do. :confused3

I'd definitely write to Disney expressing your dis-satisfaction, explaining the upset children etc etc. Tell them (within reason) what could make this trip still memorable.

Reid

I just think it constitutes false advertising. It is one thing to say that they can change the parades/shows without prior notice but they are actually advertising and informing people that Fantillusion starts on Nov 5th when they know that it is Dec 3. Are you following what I'm trying to say?

Nicola - legally I suppose they have themselves covered from the "parades & shows could change at any time" standpoint. No doubt it is in the t&cs.

What would I do? I would be upset but to be honest no, I would not cancel. It is one parade and although it is a great one there will be lots of other wonderful things to see and do at that time.

I would write and see what they say and I very much hope they come back with something positive :wizard: :wizard: but in all honestly I would not bank on it.

I'm so sorry :grouphug:

nicola said:
I just think it constitutes false advertising. It is one thing to say that they can change the parades/shows without prior notice but they are actually advertising and informing people that Fantillusion starts on Nov 5th when they know that it is Dec 3. Are you following what I'm trying to say?

I know exactly what you are saying, but I guess their comeback would be (for example) bookings are lower than forecast for that period etc etc. This is no excuse and it is rotten they are still advertising this on their website if plans have changed :(

It definitely is not starting until Dec 3 and they are still advertising starting on Nov 5th. What reason could they have for misleading people like this? There are bound to be more people than me who will be upset about this :confused3 Someone has mentioned to me about contacting the Trading Standards. I am not going to let it go without a fight.

I'm so sorry Nicola. I imagine you feel really let down and very angry with Disney at the moment. It's also really bad that nobody seems to know what's happening and people keep giving you contradictory answers. I would definitely write to them and make it very clear how disappointed you are and how you specifically asked before you booked if Fantillusion would be on in November. I seem to recall you were hovering between Nov & Dec. Could you still change your plans and go in December? I guess you'd lose your flights then though. Tell Disney all of this. You may get something out of them by way of compensation but I'd be very surprised to be honest, but they should know that if they let people down they will bear the consequences eventually. I really am sorry. I know Rhiannon absolutely adores Fantillusion and we watched it every night last year - she'll be really upset too. It's such a shame it's spoiled your anticipation of your holiday but I hope you'll still feel like going in a few days when you've maybe got over your initial disappointment. DLP at Christmas is magical and there are many others aspects to appreciate. Sending you :grouphug:

If it was me I'd pay the extra and go at a time when everything I wanted to be there was indeed there. I had something vaguely similar this summer though it was my own fault - I'd booked the week before the summer eason starts and the park would have shut at 8pm - for us, in the summer, we adore the aextra 3 hours opening and it ended up costing £220 extra for the 2 of us to go the following week. Was it worth it? Yes, without a doubt - I had in my mind what In wanted on the holiday and it included the part closing late - anything else would have been a let down for us.

I would however keep on at the reservations department - write, email, phone. They should tell you that at the time of booking rather than giving you the impression you were booking exactly what you wanted without any doubt over parade dates. The small print may not cover phone reservations as you are not signing any forms to say you agree to all T&C - any uncertainties should be brought to your attention on the phone when you booked, especially when you highlighted the Fantillusion parade being such a big issue. I'd seek legal advice if they don't budge - you know you have been unfairly treated and you deserve to be fairly compensated.

I hope it all turns out ok the end for you.

Well even now, the DLP website states that Fantillusion will commence on Nov. 5th.

Like Nicola - I'm rather disappointed at this news - I'd expected (based on the website / brochures etc) Fantillusion to commence with the beginning of the Xmas 2005 season, and hence being running when we visit on w/c 13th November. Unlike Nicola, I'm unable to change the dates, as the majority of my party work in Retail, and hence are unable to have time-off in December.

For what it's worth I'm going to email the Reservations and Shareholders Departments - see if we can get a different story(!), and probably - for a laugh lets try karl.holz@disney.com

Thanks Steve. I think we will change booking and pay extra and then write a letter to Disney. If they don't budge I will seek legal advice. What really annoys me though is that the website is STILL saying Nov 5th-this is just a blatant lie and they know it -probably to lure more people into going earlier in the less busy part of the season. How horrible and undisney like. They even sent me an email today answering my query stating again that the Fantallusion starts on Nov 5th. They are keeping the new date of Dec 3rd very quiet. I think they could be in some sort of trouble for advertising Nov 5th when they know it is going to be Dec 3. That is not simply CHANGING the date but it is lieing about it after they have already made the decision to change it!!!!! Thanks for all your support though guys. I'm sorry I am torn between Kicking someone's a-- and bursting into tears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter