No Fantillusion until Dec 3?

Well done Iain - some brilliant detective work there!!! Having read the original post on the DLP info forum that makes a lot of sense and would explain why the Disney people themselves don't seem to know what's going on. I personally wouldn't notice small changes so if it's in its reduced form it'll still be absolutely brilliant. I hope Nicola's seen this. Well done Iain!!! :worship:

Wow, well done Iain :magnify: !! I'll be keeping everything crossed that Fantillusion starts in some form, reduced or otherwise, on 5th Nov! I suppose Amy and I will be able to see the bonfire spectacular on our second night there, as long as the weather conditions are suitable, of course! But it would be excellent to see both. The number of times they put on the evening parades or fireworks seem to be getting less and less - it's not very impressive. :rolleyes:

Hope it all works out for you Nicola. :flower:

Iain Chapman said:
Vittorina from the Shareholders Club (which I assume is 'onsite' somewhere) has replied to say that Fantillusion and the Christmas Season will start on November 5th.
Fingers crossed for everyone that the Shareholders Club are kept up to date with events from Park management.

I know when we went last summer and Christmas season Fantillusion was one of the highlights :goodvibes

Reid

The UK Reservation team have now come back via email - again they say that Fantillusion parade will begin on 5th November 2005 - although they are keen to remind that parades etc can change.

The actual email is:

Dear Mr Chapman,

We thank you for your e-mail and interest regarding Disneyland Resort Paris.

We kindly inform you that according to our official brochure and Internet site the Fantillusion parade will begin on the 5th November 2005. We have not had any information concerning a change of dates.

However please note that as stated in the brochure and Internet site, parades and shows may be modified without prior notice.

For further information please do not hesitate to contact us again.

We look forward to welcoming you at Disneyland Resort Paris.

Magically yours,

Claire
DISNEYLAND RESORT PARIS

Thanks everyone for all you help :grouphug: I however would not take heed of anything the UK reservations dept say; they do not have a clue. I phoned them AGAIN today to tell them that the email I received said Nov 5th at which time I was told it was Nov 5??!! I then reminded them that yesterday I was told by their customer care dept that it was indeed Dec 3!!!!! I asked to be put through to customer care again but they put me on hold came back and said that customer care advised that I write a letter. After explaining that I just want a simple answer and insisting that I speak to Customer care I was put on hold several more times before I finally would not take no for an answer and asked them 'Are you refusing to let me speak to Customer Care then?' at which stage I had been on my mobile for 50 mins. FINALLY the same girl I spoke to yesterday from customer care came on and told me the date was still Dec3. I explained email from France saying Nov 5th. So now she is ringing France to clear it up and will get back to me tomorrow. Why didn't she do this yesterday? She was prepared to let me pay £145 to change my flights when she was unsure herself of dates. I am appalled at the terrible level of service I have received and I think they should think about changing their name to Customer Uncare!! So the mystery remains and I will not be changing my flights until I have a clear answer if that ever happens.

This is turning into one of those nightmares where you keep walking and never get anywhere!!! Good for you for your perseverance and "unbudgeability"!!!!! You really deserve to get what you want at the end of all this.

i'm just bookmarking this thread as i was going to book for november.What time will they close the park if there is no fantillusion?

Gee...theres a evil question to ask....

If we go by the 'book', the Parcs will be open until 8pm....but then the 'book' says Fant will be on Nov 5th!.

We could ask Disney........

I don't think Fantillusion will make any difference to the opening.
During high season in the summer the park stays open to 11pm. Fantillusion when it is on needs the dark to be effective so it is on later in the summer (well last summer anyway).
In the winter when the park shut at 8pm Fantillision was on at 7.30pm.

Reid

We'll all just have to keep a weather eye on the Disney site and see what's happening. Fingers crossed.

Well folks are you all tuned in for the next episode. Today I received a call from Candice in Customer Care UK. She said that she had heard from people at the top that Fantillusion was going to be starting as normal on Nov 5th. She asked me where I had heard Dec 3 to which I replied 'YOU tOLD ME YESTERDAY ON THE PHONE!!!!!' Crazy!!!! I also told her that I had heard rumours on the board and supposedly the Belgian Thomas Cooke has it advertised as starting on Dec 3. She then said that their program for next year says Dec 3rd. and she thinks that this is where the confusion is coming from. So yesterday if I hadn't been so darn stubborn I would have contacted Easy Jet to change my flights and cough up £145 extra pounds for doing so all because Customer Care told me Dec 3. Wow how inefficient are they?!!! So looks like there is a possibility that it might be Nov 5th of course anything is possible by the looks of things.

Not good CRO, but hopefully a result.
I'm sure everyone appreciates your update :sunny:

Reid

Nicola,

I experienced a similar thing earlier this year when booking in March for our holiday in July. Eldest DD was really into Peter Pan at the time and last year there had been a show called Peter Pan to the Rescue on during the summer. When I phoned to book I asked if it would be on again this year and was told yes if it was on last year. I asked them to check dates for me as I was willing to arrange the holiday to coincide with the show and the lady that was dealing with my booking disappeared for an eternity and then said that she couldn't find any exact dates but it would definately be on when we planned to book. I went ahead with the booking only to find out later that the show has been completely cancelled for this year and will probably never be on again.

I think that the people who take bookings have a very limited knowledge of what is actually on in the parks and when and if anyone wants to see a particular show/parade etc it's best to double check everything.

We've decided not to go ahead with our planned trip this November but to go next year during the Christmas season - looks like it will be early December if Fantillusion is due to start on the 3rd.

Joanne

Joanne, That's really shame about the Peter Pan show. We saw it last year and really enjoyed it!!! I wonder why they did away with it? As for Fantillusion, I still don't know what to do. I have absolutely no faith in any of the information I am being given. I am willing to pay to change the flights but don't want to do this unnecessarily. We are going to be really upset if we don't get to see Fantillusion as it looks lovely in all of the photos. If anyone hears anything further, rumours or otherwise could they keep posting it on the board. Thanks

I'm glad it all turned out okay in the end although it hardly makes you feel very Disney does it?

Off topic maybe but has anyone else been watching Package Holiday Undercover on ITV? Gives me nightmares just thinking about the problems some folk have had. I thought I'd had a hard time with Leger but it was nothing compared with what some folk have had on their holidays. Some holiday companies seem to forget they are there to serve the people who are paying for the holidays in the first place, that's the problem. I got on my high horse with Leger but it didn't get me anywhere although they completely messed up my holiday plans big time. Trouble is I may have to use them again next time despite vowing and declaring never again. They seem to be one of the only holiday companies that do coach tours to DLP with local pick up points.

I'm reassured to hear that it all sorted out though

Maybe you could get the person at DLRP who told you Fantillusion starts on Nov 5th to confirm it in writing?

We didnt know about Peter Pan until we got there this summer either - my guess is the location makes it hard for that many people to see each showing and maybe it's not very cost effective. We loved it last year and were stood right at the front so got soaked - was very refreshing!

Steve,

Yes that was the reason given for cancelling Peter Pan - too many people crowded into a small area. They must have known before this March though that it had been cancelled.

I think they should keep the staff in their booking depts better informed. They must get asked about shows and schedules all the time when people are phoning up.

Joanne

dlpSteve said:
Maybe you could get the person at DLRP who told you Fantillusion starts on Nov 5th to confirm it in writing?

Steve, I do have it in writing in an email that they sent me but it also has the disclaimer at the bottom so I guess they can just do whatever they wish as they have themselves covered.

Hi everybody, I have been reading this forum for a long a time but I think it's my first post here (not sure about it :confused3 )

I have the same doubt than Nicola about the correct dates for Fantilusion. We have a trip in mind for next november and I'd like to book the flight as soon as posible (now it's done :banana: ) in order to get a good rate.

I have made several mails/calls to dlp (even the shareholder club) with any answer 100 % sure BUT...

this morning I have phoned Dlp, and a very nice woman has been looking for the correct dates. She wasn't 100% sure, so she asked my phone number and some minutes later she was able to say Fantilusion will be running since November, the 5th to January, the 8th (so, the xmas season). Any information wasn't official until yesterday, that's the reason anybody could give the info.

So Nicola, finally you'll watch the parade ! :Pinkbounc

Bye!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter