No Fantillusion until Dec 3?

Well, for what it's worth - my emails have been despatched to the UK Reservations Team, Shareholders Club and to karl.holz@disney.com (no bounce back so I assume it's been received and accepted).

I'll let you know the replies (or not) I get. In each case the mail was a variant of:

Hi There!,

Shareholder Club Details:
MR CHAPMAN IAIN
No Carte: xxxxxxx
Expire: xx/xx
Member Depuis: xx/xx

I wonder if you can assist me please - I'm getting mixed messages from the
UK Reservation team.

Can you please advise when the Fantillusion Parade will commence again for
the Winter. Your website states it will return on November 5th - but I'm
also being told that this may now be December
3rd.(http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/news/calendar/index.htm)

If the date has been changed this will be a major disappointment to my
family, as we are staying onsite from the 13th November - especially for the
Christmas season, of which your website suggests Fantillusion will be part
of.

Many Thanks

I'm thinking that the worst they can do, is confirm or not reply!.

I emailed them late last night and received an answer today stating that it is on from Nov 5th. This is also what they told me when I rang originally, only after my pushing them did they check and came back and said no it was Dec 3. What a mess!!

diberry said:
Who's Karl Holz please?

Karl Holz is the new man in change of Eurodisney SCA.

(Marne-la-Vallee, May 19, 2005) – Euro Disney S.C.A. announced today that Karl Holz, president and chief operating officer of Euro Disney S.A.S, will assume the responsibilities previously held by Andre Lacroix, who is leaving the company to pursue other opportunities.

Hence, why I said it was done for a bit of a laugh - don't really expect to get a reply from that level!.

I have my fingers crossed for you all going at this time that it will be on as originally stated :)

Thanks so much Miffy :grouphug: but I definitely think its changed to Dec 3. The lady in Customer Care told me they can't move the parade just because I am complaining.

OK Here's my latest dilemma. Just phoned reservations and they said 4 for 3 offer not on Dec 5th so would have to wait until Dec 12th to go. I am worried that it will be much busier midweek then and also what if they change fantillusion dates again or do away with it at Christmas altogether. We REALLY want to see fantillusion though as after 4 visits to DLP not seen it yet.

I'm definitely with you on this one Nicola. :grouphug: I can't believe they are doing this. Luckily I've seen Fantillusion before but even so it's still one of the things I was most looking forward to for our November trip. We went at Halloween and Christmas last year and Fantillusion and the Enchanted Fairytale Caremony were the 2 things that made me want to go again at Christmas instead of Halloween, and now Fantillusion isn't even on!

I fully back you taking further action, although unfortunately I think others may be right, they have "covered their backs" by putting in the phrase about parades being subject to change. However, most people reading that would assume that meant that the parade might not be on one night if it rains or a float breaks down, not that they would start Fantillusion a month later than planned but still advertise it at the earlier date! If they are definitely starting Fantillusion on 3rd December then the least they can do is stop advertising that it's going to start in November.

If anybody has any responses to emails/letters, please let us know!

PS - Nicola I know you're upset but be careful who you're calling Diane!!! :rotfl:

OMG not again :scared1: I am sooooooo sorry DianA. It was totally unintentional and probably because I am VERY upset. At least it wasn't DILBERRY though :rotfl2: I actually have a terrible habit of doing completely stupid things when I am upset. There is a girl that I work with that is a total bully and she upsets EVERYONE in our workplace on a regular basis (she is going through a disciplinary process at moment). One night one of my other colleagues had texted me about something she had done to her. I texted back with some derogatory comments but sent it to the wrong colleague (yes I sent it by accident to the bully) It was really awful and I had to have it out with her the next day. We can laugh about it now but I don't think I'll ever live it down.

:earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

That must have been sooooooo embarassing Nicola!! I don't think Diberry will "have it out with you" though!!! The mess with Fantillusion is enough to drive anyone to distraction!

nicola said:
OMG not again :scared1: I am sooooooo sorry DianA. It was totally unintentional and probably because I am VERY upset. At least it wasn't DILBERRY though :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: No problems Nicola - you're under stress!!! I had an appointment this morning and when I'd rung up to make it I gave my name as D. Berry and all the time I was there this morning they called me Dee!!! I quite like that actually!!
I actually have a terrible habit of doing completely stupid things when I am upset. There is a girl that I work with that is a total bully and she upsets EVERYONE in our workplace on a regular basis (she is going through a disciplinary process at moment). One night one of my other colleagues had texted me about something she had done to her. I texted back with some derogatory comments but sent it to the wrong colleague (yes I sent it by accident to the bully) It was really awful and I had to have it out with her the next day. We can laugh about it now but I don't think I'll ever live it down.
Well, that may have done her a bit of good, but I have to agree, that could be pretty embarrassing!!! :rotfl:

nicola said:
OK Here's my latest dilemma. Just phoned reservations and they said 4 for 3 offer not on Dec 5th so would have to wait until Dec 12th to go. I am worried that it will be much busier midweek then and also what if they change fantillusion dates again or do away with it at Christmas altogether. We REALLY want to see fantillusion though as after 4 visits to DLP not seen it yet.
We went that week last year (Dec 11th) and during the week it was absolutely fine - only heaving at the weekend, so I wouldn't worry about that. I'd be almost 100% sure that Fantillusion will be on in December.
Have you managed to change your flights?

Diana, I can change flights for a fee of £145 for the four of us. I am scared to do this though in case the date gets changed back again. I really don't know what to do and I spent ages on the phone (at work) trying to sort it out and now I am very much behind with my workload. I really can't afford another day doing the same. If they would change it on the website then I would definitely change the booking and flights. Glad to hear it wasn't too busy when you were there in Dec last year (midweek)

nicola said:
Diana, I can change flights for a fee of £145 for the four of us. I am scared to do this though in case the date gets changed back again. I really don't know what to do and I spent ages on the phone (at work) trying to sort it out and now I am very much behind with my workload. I really can't afford another day doing the same. If they would change it on the website then I would definitely change the booking and flights. Glad to hear it wasn't too busy when you were there in Dec last year (midweek)
Oh, you really could do without all this hassle, couldn't you? If they'd just give you a definitive answer you could at least make plans. :grouphug:

Oh Nicola, sending you lots of :grouphug:. What a terrible dilemma, I was hoping this was just going to be an illfounded rumour. Hopefully Iain will get replies to his emails tomorrow, then you might feel more able to make a decision.

And if it was me I would feel just as angry. I agree with Rhiannon that a parade being cancelled down to bad weather or technical problems, whilst being extremely disappointing, is acceptable. Changing the date after it had been released and continuing to advertise that date on the website is not.

Thanks. You guys really are the best :love: I am going to see what happens over the next day or two but no matter what I am going to be there when fantillusion is on even if it means paying the extra. It is great to have such a great bunch of people for support. I really appreciate it :grouphug:

I do hope you get to see Fantillusion, it really is beautiful and my favourite parade. I was also disappointed to find that it is only running until early January next year (according to the brochure info.) - we saw it in March in 2004 and it ran until mid March this year - if the dates are right it's only running for one month this Winter. :confused3

Vittorina from the Shareholders Club (which I assume is 'onsite' somewhere) has replied to say that Fantillusion and the Christmas Season will start on November 5th.

The actual email reads:

Dear Ian,

I was just confirmed that the Chistmas season including the Fantillusion Parade will start November 5th to January 8.

Yours cordially,

Vittorina Hetherton

So, whose right and whose wrong.....I'm having a little (small) more faith in the answer from the Shareholders club, purely because I would assume that they are onsite at DLP somewhere, and 'closer' to the people concerned.

However - this doesn't necessary mean the information is correct.

Now, a theory to all of this - over in the DLP.info forum, which really is the basis for the start of this thread, someone called "MR ENTERTAINMENT" has posted to the original threads saying, like Vittorina, that Fantillusion will return on November 5th - but in it's reduced form (for the full details see http://forum.mousekingdom.com/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=3&topic_id=67138&mesg_id=67219&page=). I'm wondering whether this is all some confusion, where Fantillusion returns on Nov.5 in reduced form, and then on Dec 3rd is shown in the full form???- I would guess to Disney, whether Fantillusion is running in Reduced or Full form - it's of no importance to the end customer - I mean it's not something that they are actually going to public say, else confusion would reign - just like it is anyhow.

As for "MR ENTERTAINMENT"'s crediblity - who knows, I have to say that I've read some of his/her other posts, and they do appear to know what they are talking about - but that's just based on a feeling, and them having been correct on some other threads (perhaps not all).

More, as and when I receive it.

Is it definitely not on until December then? SHAME!

NIK said:
Is it definitely not on until December then? SHAME!

No...the Shareholder club say it will return in November 5th.

I'm purely speculating, based on comments from the other forum by one user (MR ENTERTAINMENT) as to whether the confusion is that it begins on Nov 5th in a reduced form, and then Dec 3rd in the full-budget form.

Incidently I notice that "MR ENTERTAINMENT" suggests that Fantillusion is currently playing during Wishes in Reduced Form???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter