No Hot Water at Boulder Ridge

HairyChest

DIS Veteran
This is the second stay I’ve had at Boulder Ridge where when I take a shower, after two minutes the hot water turns luke warm. Ive stayed in December 2020 and now February 2021. Both times in a studio, but in completely different areas and floors of the resort, which leads me to believe there is a big issue here. They sent someone to fix it and they worked on the shower head for an hour but it didn't get fixed. I did a split stay with other resorts in the same trip including Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Polynesian and their hot water stayed hot so this is not an issue to where its so cold that the hot water just cant stay hot. Hot water is a necessity at a hotel, this should not be a repeated issue. Especially since our DVC dues pay for things like this. Has anyone else had this issue at Boulder Ridge?

I don't know about any consistent issues, but I assume you've gone to the front desk to get accommodated with hot water??? I hope they straighten that out for you pronto!

This is the second stay I’ve had at Boulder Ridge where when I take a shower, after two minutes the hot water turns luke warm. Ive stayed in December 2020 and now February 2021. Both times in a studio, but in completely different areas and floors of the resort, which leads me to believe there is a big issue here. They sent someone to fix it and they worked on the shower head for an hour but it didn't get fixed. I did a split stay with other resorts in the same trip including Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Polynesian and their hot water stayed hot so this is not an issue to where its so cold that the hot water just cant stay hot. Hot water is a necessity at a hotel, this should not be a repeated issue. Especially since our DVC dues pay for things like this. Has anyone else had this issue at Boulder Ridge?

did disney do anything to fix the problem? We are booked at BR through disney in April and if I can’t get hot water for a shower or to fill my kids bath, I’m not going to be happy. I’d want a change in rooms to one that has hot water.

Now, lack of hot water is fairly OK with me, but I MUST have my air conditioning
Yes, AC is a must have. We also had problems with our door lock not working. The manager took care of things so all’s well that ends well. I’m a little concerned they haven’t figured out how to reliably heat water.

I've been at BRV several times over the years---most recently February '19---and never recall issues with hot water. Maybe I'm up and in the shower earlier (or later?) than most.

I tend to do late-night showers. During our last visit to the Poly, we had lots of folks taking lots of showers and never ran into this issue. For that matter, we've never run into this issue anywhere during any of our prior trips. Perhaps we should thank our lucky stars that this was never a problem!

Last time I looked shower heads do not heat water. Makes no sense to work on the shower head when you complained about hot water.

Last time I looked shower heads do not heat water. Makes no sense to work on the shower head when you complained about hot water.
That was my thought as well, if this was happening, I would ask to be relocated to somewhere of equal or greater value at no cost, hot water is essential.

Does Boulder Ridge run from a central boiler, local tank water heaters, on demand water heaters, or what?

Ok so here is the Issue with BRV and some of the other DVC properties. Back in 2018 and 2019 they did some remodeling of the showers to include up dated Shower Head and Handshower combo units. thinking they would save water in the process by reducing the GPM's to 1.75........but then they started having hot water issues all over the place and they could not figure out why?????? till someone in a the Water conservation business had a meeting with the Disney environmental team and they posed this question as to this hot water problem after putting in water saving Show Heads and Hand Showers.........they didn't realize that the new shower combos have a 3 way diverter allowing guests to flow both the HandShower and the Showerhead, resulting in 3.5GPM and thus the boilers couldn't keep up with the usage. This meeting took place in Later2019 and changes we started to fix the combo problem and alas Covid hit and I'm sure they never fixed them all..... but you didn't hear this from me because I wasn't the one in the Meeting ;) ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter