• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No longer solo at YC in Jan! Update-p.16- photos & leaving in the AM!!!

Sorry I've been MIA--I had read your first post and than did not get a chance to come back and post?!? :sad2:
I wish I had the nerve to travel to disney just Ashton and I...maybe one day! I'm not scared just don't want to go with out Danny...I have always said that one year I will send him off to a Nascar event and I will go to Disney!! I love your idea of going to FL to help your winter blues!!!

I really like you plans so far:yay: great ideas for Epcot...esp since you won't have anyone to keep happy but yourself...
:wave2:

First April-you are going to have a fabulous time-I think you should embrace the fact that you are going solo and don't have to compromise on anything and you should do some really pampering things too...:thumbsup2

I get a little SADD in the summer (which is weird I know) and I know several people who get it in the Winter-it's fairly common...:hug:

I think 1/2 the attraction of going in January for me is escaping the snow. I absolutely HATE IT! :headache:

I’m with you on winter. I hatehatehate it!

Say it isn't so-how can you guys not like snow...:confused3-It's all white and fluffy and magical...I can see not liking the cold and dark of winter after a bit but snow...:confused3 It's like a magical gift from the heavens...:cloud9:

oh and btw-you both live in Mass. Doesn't snow come with the territory?;)

Say it isn't so-how can you guys not like snow...:confused3-It's all white and fluffy and magical...I can see not liking the cold and dark of winter after a bit but snow...:confused3 It's like a magical gift from the heavens...:cloud9:

Not to hijack but....

I'm from Maine and since moving to Massachusetts I've had to deal with even more snow which totally doesn't make sense to my brain but there you go. I also have to say half of why I hate snow is that I have to drive in it to work. I don't mind snow on the weekends, bring it on. But mix in snow with Massachusetts drivers and it is enough to give you a panic attack.

Two winters ago I got caught in this horrible storm, April, I am sure you know what I am talking about. It took me THREE hours to get home and normally I had a 35 minute commute. I had a panic attack while driving. Worst experience of my life.

I do think snow is pretty...but not pretty enough if I have to drive in it. :laughing:

I'll have to remind my boss. He is sitting on the front row in the pit....Row AAA right in the middle.

Did your boss like the show? Front row?!?!?! How did he get those tickets?

Sorry I've been MIA--I had read your first post and than did not get a chance to come back and post?!? :sad2:
I wish I had the nerve to travel to disney just Ashton and I...maybe one day! I'm not scared just don't want to go with out Danny...I have always said that one year I will send him off to a Nascar event and I will go to Disney!! I love your idea of going to FL to help your winter blues!!!

I really like you plans so far:yay: great ideas for Epcot...esp since you won't have anyone to keep happy but yourself...

Thanks! Yes- EPCOT solo is a beautiful thing- for one reason- my pokey shopping! :lmao: I have to confess, though, that I am getting a little anxiety about flying alone. You could totally handle WDW with just you & Ashton! :thumbsup2

First April-you are going to have a fabulous time-I think you should embrace the fact that you are going solo and don't have to compromise on anything and you should do some really pampering things too...:thumbsup2

I get a little SADD in the summer (which is weird I know) and I know several people who get it in the Winter-it's fairly common...:hug:

I TOTALLY agree with LL- snow is pretty & bring it on when I don’t have to commute in it. I just don’t like all of the bare trees, cloudy weather, & freezing my behind off. I may have been born here, but I’m just not cut out for the cold weather. I wouldn’t trade the Fall & Spring for anything, though.

Not to hijack but....

I'm from Maine and since moving to Massachusetts I've had to deal with even more snow which totally doesn't make sense to my brain but there you go. I also have to say half of why I hate snow is that I have to drive in it to work. I don't mind snow on the weekends, bring it on. But mix in snow with Massachusetts drivers and it is enough to give you a panic attack.

Two winters ago I got caught in this horrible storm, April, I am sure you know what I am talking about. It took me THREE hours to get home and normally I had a 35 minute commute. I had a panic attack while driving. Worst experience of my life.

I do think snow is pretty...but not pretty enough if I have to drive in it. :laughing:

I DO remember that AWFUL storm!!!! I left work early & it still took me 4 hours to get home!!! I guess that isn’t as bad as your experience, though, because my commute is normally 1 hour each way. That was such a bad day. I know what you mean about driving in the snow- I have to pry my hands from the steering wheel by the time I get home from holding on so tight. Nothing beats that ice storm last December, though. We lost power for a week & we have a well so we had no water either!

I DO remember that AWFUL storm!!!! I left work early & it still took me 4 hours to get home!!! I guess that isn’t as bad as your experience, though, because my commute is normally 1 hour each way. That was such a bad day. I know what you mean about driving in the snow- I have to pry my hands from the steering wheel by the time I get home from holding on so tight. Nothing beats that ice storm last December, though. We lost power for a week & we have a well so we had no water either!

We weren't hit too badly by that storm but I remember everyone else who was. :hug:

Yesterday I was out at a vendor fair & it was in Worcester! I didn’t have to commute. I went shopping to give my fridge a healthy makeover & spent WAY too much money. I made cream of broccoli soup last night (with skim milk) & I cut my finger while I was chopping broccoli. Ever since then I have had that song stuck in my head. It was from a 1980-something Saturday Night Live skit. Yes, I know I am a goof. Last night I bought Toy Story Mania for the Wii. I can’t wait to play it!!! I’m in a bit of a bad mood today. I don’t know if I mentioned it before, but I make maps for a small town. It is referred to as GIS (Geographic Information Systems). Well, some of the surrounding towns wanted to coordinate a “GIS Day” event. I have been working with them & realized that they have far more advanced systems in place than we do. I feel like I’m Flintstones era compared to them. I know that it shouldn’t bother me & we don’t have the budget and BLAH BLAH BLAH, but I just wish we could be in the 21st century! Sorry for the whine. I guess I needed to vent! I’m going to try to update tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great afternoon!

Sorry I didn't get around to posting earlier. I took my boss to the airport this morning and he's on the way to Chicago to see the David Gray concert. The concert is not until tomorrow. He is a member of the David Gray fan club so that's why he was able to score such great seats. I'm just glad he's out of my hair for the rest of the week.:thumbsup2

Sorry I didn't get around to posting earlier. I took my boss to the airport this morning and he's on the way to Chicago to see the David Gray concert. The concert is not until tomorrow. He is a member of the David Gray fan club so that's why he was able to score such great seats. I'm just glad he's out of my hair for the rest of the week.:thumbsup2

Enjoy the rest of your boss-free week! I wish I could say the same. I share an office with my boss & he gets agitated very easily. He swears at people & slams down the phone so hard that I'm afraid he'll break it. I'm nervous all day wondering when his next temper explosion will be!

Just a quick note- I went out to do some field work today & I found 2 deer ticks on me (so far). Neither were embedded (thank goodness). So they are still out there- even in the cooler weather! Make sure you all watch out for them.

Saturday, January 16th- I wish I could have gotten an earlier time for Donald’s Safari Breakfast, but I took what I could get while booking. I’m not sure about character dining alone, but I’m doing it anyway! My AK “must-do” list:
Expedition Everest
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Rafiki’s Planet Watch
Maharajah & Pangani Trails
Dawa Bar!
Lisa’s hidden trail for better views of the Tree of Life

I want to go see Nemo, too, because I have heard good things about it. I am definitely going to try to get to Dinosaur & Primeval Whirl. There is an egg roll cart between Africa & Asia that has awesome veggie egg rolls & it was closed in September!!!! I HAVE TO see if it is open. Here are some more nostalgic photos from AK (from my 1st solo trip in ’05):

100_4982.jpg

100_4983.jpg

100_4985.jpg

100_4986.jpg

100_4990.jpg

100_4991.jpg

100_4995.jpg

By the way, all of those photos were taken with my older digital camera…sorry that the quality is not so great.
I have a dinner ADR at Artist Point & then I plan to head over to MK since it is open until 11pm that night.
MK “must-do” list:
Space Mountain
TTA
Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin (this should be challenging- shooting AND steering!)
A veggie burger from Cosmic Ray’s
POTC
The Tiki Room
(insert a big “DANG!!!!” here because Splash Mountain will be DOWN when I’m there!!!)
Big Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion
I’m not sure about Fantasyland- when is that refurb supposed to start??
I have some MK photos from that same solo ’05 trip:

100_5020.jpg

100_5022.jpg

100_5023.jpg

100_5029.jpg

100_5041.jpg

100_5044.jpg

I am going to make it my mission this trip to SHOP. Of course, I say that now, but I may have no money in January! I will be back Monday with my plans for my last full (and park) day of the trip.

I am sitting in the lobby of our building killing time for Sheri to take me to lunch. I love those old pix. They are way better than I could ever do. I am dreading going out in the rain. You have such wonderful plans. I am excited for you

It looks like your planning is going great so far. Definitely need to check out the hidden Tree of Life trails. If I were on a solo trip and didn't have anybody pushing me to leave, I'd wander those trails for a long time.

Wait a minute.....I meant to stay YUCK to the deer ticks. All the creepy crawly bugs are still out and about around our house. Even though it's Fall, our high temp today is still 77.

your plans look great so far!! the refurb for Fantasyland refurb is not suppose to affect the enjoyment of Fantasyland...most of the refurb is taking place where the old 20,000 leagues use to be.
wow! and ewe about the ticks glad you found them early!!

Hi--great pre-trip report and nice pics! You'll be there just a little bit after me.

I love my husband, but sometimes I like to travel solo for short trips. It's fun to have someone to share things with, but sometimes it's fun to just do what you want to do and not have to worry about anyone else, and have space to think rather than feel like you have to constantly be talking about everything going on. I've never done something like Disney solo, but I love solo hiking/camping trips--just the trees and me!

I bet you'll have a great time!

I am sitting in the lobby of our building killing time for Sheri to take me to lunch. I love those old pix. They are way better than I could ever do. I am dreading going out in the rain. You have such wonderful plans. I am excited for you

Thanks! IDK- you have some great pics in your TR. Has it stopped raining yet there???? I hope so. Stay warm & dry.

It looks like your planning is going great so far. Definitely need to check out the hidden Tree of Life trails. If I were on a solo trip and didn't have anybody pushing me to leave, I'd wander those trails for a long time.

Wait a minute.....I meant to stay YUCK to the deer ticks. All the creepy crawly bugs are still out and about around our house. Even though it's Fall, our high temp today is still 77.

UGH- the deer ticks are AWFUL. I hate them & I find them on Isis, too. It is strange, though- I used to see way more wood (or dog) ticks & I haven’t seen any of those this year.
I plan to spend a lot of time on the Tree of Life trails- Thank you for telling me (and all of us) about them!

your plans look great so far!! the refurb for Fantasyland refurb is not suppose to affect the enjoyment of Fantasyland...most of the refurb is taking place where the old 20,000 leagues use to be.
wow! and ewe about the ticks glad you found them early!!

Thanks! Also thank you for the Fantasyland info!!! In that case, I will be visiting all of those attractions on this trip. I LOVE Philharmagic & for some reason Peter Pan. There’s something about the song “You can Fly” that just turns me into an 8 year old when I hear it! I didn’t see Peter Pan until I was in my 30’s, either.

Hi--great pre-trip report and nice pics! You'll be there just a little bit after me.

I love my husband, but sometimes I like to travel solo for short trips. It's fun to have someone to share things with, but sometimes it's fun to just do what you want to do and not have to worry about anyone else, and have space to think rather than feel like you have to constantly be talking about everything going on. I've never done something like Disney solo, but I love solo hiking/camping trips--just the trees and me!

I bet you'll have a great time!

Thanks! I know what you mean. I like to poke around in the shops & people watch, so it should be good- as long as I don’t get sick again!

This is what I did Saturday:
IMG_1852.jpg

You guys are going to be SO sick of photos when I get back in January. I’m going to take one of everything!!!

Sunday, January 17th- I’m going to grab a coffee & head to DHS. I have a lunch scheduled at 50’s Prime Time (I tried for Sci-Fi Dine in, but had no luck).
DHS “must-do: list:
Tower of Terror
Rock n’ Rollercoaster
TSMM
Animation Tour
DHS photos from 2005 (Many of my photo files from that trip have become corrupt- I have no idea how or why. Here is what survived):
100_5093.jpg

100_5092.jpg

100_4997.jpg

100_5091.jpg

100_4996.jpg

I would be happy to be back at that weight!

I have dinner scheduled at California Grill & I plan to go to MK for the EMH afterwards. I plan to do everything I miss the night before.
MK at night from 2005:

100_5076.jpg

100_5048.jpg

100_5054.jpg

100_5065.jpg

100_5068-1.jpg

100_5069.jpg

I love that picture of you and Sorcerer Mickey! So cute.

I think your plans are looking great. :thumbsup2

Hope you had a good day April. Love those old pictures. Your punkin is awesome. We are on a sunshine high. We've had it since Friday and no rain planned till the end of next week. It is great.

I love that picture of you and Sorcerer Mickey! So cute.

I think your plans are looking great. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I am thinking of trying Paradiso 37 if I can the first night I am there. Since I will be alone, I can just eat right at the bar!

Sick of pictures? Are you kidding? You know we live for pictures.

:rotfl: Well, I plan to take a ton. I am thinking of getting a new memory card just for this trip!
Hope you had a good day April. Love those old pictures. Your punkin is awesome. We are on a sunshine high. We've had it since Friday and no rain planned till the end of next week. It is great.

Thanks! I hope you are enjoying the sunny days & that you don't get any more rain. Lisa's photos of the flooding are amazing! It is pretty scary- I've never seen anything like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter