No more PJ...

I am loving your PJ and can't wait to hear more!! I am so jealous you are having your reception in the AA Rotunda!! That is my favorite space but we will not have enough people. I never thought of having the ceremony that late, but your plans sound great! I didn't know you could have the cocktail hour outside to watch Illuminations. See, in one post I have learned so much from you!!LOL;) Can't wait to see pics from your site visit. BTW, did you happen to see the AA Parlor? I am so curious to see what that space looks like and can't find pics anywhere.

Hi Jennifer!
I'm so glad you started a planning journal! We can plan together now:woohoo:! I was at Disney this past October (10/18-10/21)also, which is when I got engaged. I love your story, its amazing how you guys have been together for 10 years already.

I'm going dress shopping with my girls next week. I'm hoping to have one ordered by the end of this month. Do you have any ideas on what kind of dress you want?

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

Sounds great so far!! Dont worry, you're not behind. I planned my entire wedding in 6 months, and I know I'm not the only one.

I though I was having a large wedding (by Disney standards) but you've almost doubled my guest list!

Great start on your PJ! I have a long time to go, but a lot of the DIS brides are planning weddings so fast and so amazingly that I get so inspired... you definitely have lots of time :goodvibes

We're inviting almost 200 people, so I'm excited that you're having a big disney wedding too! :)

Sounds great so far. I actually hoping for a Disney Wedding to keep the guest list under 100 people.

After all this time I am finally starting a planning journal! I found this board after I got engaged last January and I've been reading all your wonderful ideas since then. Now that I'm getting more & more into my planning, I'm more inspired to begin this journal. I hope you all enjoy reading it and for any of you new DIS brides I hope something in here can help you in your planning.

A Little History...
My DF and I met in high school in band. We started dating in January of 1997. DF is actually the reason I love Disney World. He had been many times growing up and I had never been. When I graduated college in 2002 I wanted us to go somewhere special to celebrate. As per his suggestion, we went to Disney World!!! It only took that one time and I was completely hooked. We stayed at the Contemporary and had a view of the MK - it was great!!

This past January (2007) we celebrated our 10-year anniversary (of being together) and our engagement in WDW! 2 days before our actual anniversary (which was the day we left for WDW) I was trying on clothes while I packed. He came into the room and I asked him if he thought I could get away with wearing white pants in January and that's when he proposed! I was totally surprised and excited! :yay: It was very sweet and special and since he did it before we left, it turned our trip into an engagment celebration! The picture of us with Pooh in my signature is from that trip.

Because we loved Disney so much we had already talked about having our wedding in Disney once we got engaged so our family knew it was coming.

The Wedding
We decided October would be a good month and we wanted October 17, 2008. We got October 18, 2008 which isn't a big deal since it's just the next day. Our ceremony will be at 7:30pm in the Wedding Pavilion. We'll have the cocktail hour on the Italy Isola from 8:30 to 9:30pm to watch Illuminations and the reception in the American Rotunda from 9:30pm to 1:30am. We are inviting 180+ guests but hoping for 120. We each have 9 attendants 2 MOHs/Best Men and 7 Bridesmaids/Groomsmen.

We went to Disney this past October (25th - 29th) for a site visit and met with Pam Pearce. I'll post pictures from that visit shortly. She's so awesome! I wish I could keep her throughout this whole process. I just sent my room block in last week and I'm patiently waiting for my contract. I feel like I may be a little behind especially from reading some of the other planning journals so I may need to get on the ball here!

I did send newsletters to all my guests this week with information on the hotels we're blocking (Contemporary, Yacht, Port Orleans - Riverside, and All Star Music) and tickets. I wanted them to have some information before the Save the Dates were sent so they wouldn't totally be confused as to where to stay.

Hopefully I'll get the contract this week and hopefully my guests will get their Save the Dates by the end of this month. I plan on trying on dresses this month as well - I haven't even done that yet! Bear with me!!

OMG, you've picked the same venues I am hoping for [when the time comes...sigh...:rolleyes1 LOL]! I can't wait to read how your dream evolves into a reality!

Happy Planning! :yay:

Welcome to a fellow AAR bride (my ceremony is being held there) :cool1: I love all your plans, I can't wait to read more and look forward to seeing your pictures.

happy planning and don't worry, you're not behind. like kristen, i planned my wedding in 5 months...not that i'm done yet, but i'm getting there! congratulations!

Thanks for all the info and pics!! I love your PJ!! I have a question for you since you said you had a ton of questions for Pam. I'm not sure if you asked this question. If you book a rehearsal dinner at at theme park restaurant do you have to have park passes for each person or do they let you go in just for the dinner? I would love to see more pics of the WP. Especially of what it looks like when you first enter. I have seen a ton of pics of the alter area, but never anything else. Do you have any? Sorry I don't mean to be a pain!

Thank you for posting those pics - they were great!

I love the pic of you & DF in the WP - you both look so truly happy! :lovestruc

Keep the PJ coming!

Great pictures Jennifer! Thanks so much for sharing. Pam was my coordinator too and I loved her. She was so helpful. I never got to meet her but she is exactly like I pictured her. Its nice to able to finally put a face with a person you talk to so much.

Your reception is going to be so much fun. I love the AAR, its such a cool place to have a reception. Can't wait to see more! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter