No Parks Vacation! Looking for Resort Activity Ideas

serenity0605

Earning My Ears
I got an offer I couldn't refuse on a 4 day/3 night stay at YC in July. After some careful consideration, we decided to do a "no parks" vacation this time around. Besides the usual things (Disney Springs, mini golf, Stormalong Bay), can you guys help me come up with some fun ways to spend our non-parks Disney vacation? Looking for things to do at the resorts, maybe some fun little-known activities that still "feel Disney" so we can get our fix. Thanks in advance :earsboy:

I would still go to one of the water parks. They're amazing.

I would also stop at the poly or contemporary for dinner and stick around to watch the fireworks at MK. ohh or maybe if you have little kids do the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise. Maybe rent a boat and ride around the seven seas lagoon. I think you could go to Disney Springs and take a boat to Port Orleans and go fishing or a carriage ride. I would want to ride one of those bikes on the Boardwalk. I would also want to make smores or watch the movie that they put on....I have a full list of things I want to do someday lol

Electrical Water Pageant
S'more and movie at Fort Wilderness
Tri-Circle D Ranch at Fort Wilderness
Boats on Bay Lake
Take boat between Disney Springs and POFQ/Riverside
Tour AKL
Hidden Mickey hunt through resorts

Bike rentals (Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs. Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness also has them, but they are currently suspended, due to construction)

Carriage rides (Port Orleans and Fort Wilderness)

Art classes (select dates at Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk. Not sure if Art of Animation is still doing their drawing class)

Nighttime safari (Animal Kingdom Lodge)

We have 3 resort days planned for our December trip. We're thinking we might go to Fort Wilderness and try the archery and then do Hoop-dee-do on one of those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter