No, we're going to Monkey Joe's...a June 2021 TR (UPDATE 7-28)

m just sitting over here, feeling sad that I’m not going to Disney for my birthday, or Thanksgiving, or Christmas…😭. Seriously though, I am a little sad. I’m not 100% sure when our next trip will be,
We have a trip planned and yet I feel the same.. ha!

Well, despite that, my heart was beating like a race horse. Silly jitters. I did end up with BG 5 😬😵.
I don't love how getting the boarding group does this to you... I don't like that feeling while on vacation.. I would rather do it before the trip.

to Alien Swirling Saucers. It was a walk on, and loads of fun. I actually really enjoy this ride. Again, I like simple things, and while I can’t ride the Teacups, I can ride this.
Alien's is easier on the stomach than tea cups, for sure!

Next, it was TSMM, which was a walk on still. Miles later declared this was his most favorite ride of the trip. When they’ve mixed Toy Story and video games, well, it’s no surprise for a little boy
I still love TSMM Too!

We did enjoy the ride. It was new and fresh. Not really being big SW fans, I feel like I still like lots of other rides better. But I can definitely see the appeal. Miles calls it the robot ride because of the Storm Troopers. 🤣
I can see how it isn't as AMAZING if you aren't star wars fan... I totally get it. But it is fun.

727458503_MEDIUM.jpg
Great photos!!!! All of them!

Congrats on the science camp scholarship, I'm sure she'll have fun.

I'm exactly like you on ToT. I like the ride but I hate the drops so I need to hang on something (or someone :rolleyes1 ). God help whichever one of my kids is sitting next to me.

Here we had another odd situation where a CM was sternly lecturing a child about wearing their mask. We were outside but still technically in the queue area. The CM had full rights to do what she did, it was just odd because it was definitely a full on lecture and the kid was around 10. Just weird at WDW.

EEK, yeah, maybe a less brash, gentle reminder?
Anyway, we only had to wait a few minutes to be let into the theater, and the kids loved the short. These aren’t my favorite, by far. But there was air conditioning!

ON my list for October. I know they aren't one of the top draws at DHS, but it's something new to me and will be nice to find some AC for a break.
I HAVE to hold onto the seat handles.

ME TOO!!
carrying a stuffed Tuk Tuk and said they’d found it on the steps outside.

Well of course it was the very thing Ashlyn had JUST bought and had been carrying. How on earth did she drop it and not know it? I don’t know, but we were very grateful to the family who returned it!
A wonderful Disney Magic Moment!

I am really enjoying your trip report. What wonderful news about Ashlyn winning the scholarship to go to science camp. I bet that will be so much fun for her.

It was a great week for her!!!

Enjoyed reading about your HS day!
And CONGRATULATIONS to Ashlyn for the scholarship! I hope she has a magical time at science camp.

Thanks! She had a great week! We're so glad she got to experience it.

Subbing in to slowly read. :)

I could have said it in the other reply, but welcome!
:wave2:

Congratulations on the scholarship for Ashlyn :cheer2: to Science Camp. That is a fantastic accomplishment. I am.really enjoying your trip report.

Thank you so much!

Our Last Park Day: Magic Kingdom day 2, part 1

It is a hot summer, guys! Woo. I’m glad for swimming pools!

Back to WDW in June, we are now on our 5th and final park day. The morning started early with Ashlyn and I heading to Magic Kingdom by ourselves once again. We hit the bus stops again at 6:45. The line for the bus was much shorter this morning versus when we went to MK on Monday. We got on the next bus that showed up and were on our way. Everything was looking great!

Though we were tired, we eagerly made our way to 7DMT. That was our #1 priority this morning since we had missed it on Monday.

We stood in line, and we waited. And we waited. And we waited.

Well, they did not open the ride before the park opened at 8AM. By 8:30 they had still not opened the ride.

I did snap a few pictures while waiting.

20210611_080638.jpg

20210726_190924.jpg

We waited just over an hour and a half before I finally convinced Ashlyn we should get out of line. Up until that point, I had humored her. She REALLY wanted to ride 7DMT. But after so much prime ride time wasted, I really felt we needed to salvage the morning.

I will admit, this was a terrible start to the morning. We shouldn’t have waited so long, but it is one of those things where we decided to gamble and it turned out badly.

So, sometime right around 9 AM we left the line and headed toward the Haunted Mansion. Luckily, the line here was maybe 5 minutes. It was a nice, relaxing ride.

727716422_MEDIUM.jpg

When we got off, the first thing Ashlyn asked was whether 7DMT was open yet. I checked the app, and it was still down. This made her feel better about leaving the line, but she was still very irritable. However, by now crowds had really started to build. We decided to try salvaging our moods by shopping and snacking.

We looked through the Christmas shop in Liberty Square, then we moved on to the shops along Main Street. We didn’t buy anything just yet (that would come on our way out), but we did grab some sodas to drink, and we enjoyed the cool down.

We also saw some princesses above the train station!

20210611_095319.jpg

Micheal and Miles hadn’t shown up yet, so we headed toward Adventureland. On the way, we stopped for some PP pics.

727724040_MEDIUM.jpg

20210726_190905.jpg

Then we checked out the Swiss Family Tree House. Ashlyn loves this movie, and we’ve always meant to check it out, just never have.
It was neat to see, even though it was a million degrees.

20210726_190916.jpg

20210726_190939.jpg

At this point, we were still kind of grumpy and hot. So we mobile ordered a Kokamora Float and sat in some shade to wait for our order. It wasn’t quite 10AM, which was when Sunshine Tree Terrace would open, but we didn’t have to wait long.

As soon as we picked up our order Micheal called to say they had arrived. We told him where we were, and he and Miles showed up minutes later.

The float was…okay. Not my favorite, I admit, but it was cold and refreshing, so I don’t really have anything negative to say. It’s just that I don’t prefer those flavors, I guess.
Being right beside Aladdin's Magic Carpets, we of course had to catch a ride on that. We waited probably 15 minutes or so. Not bad.

Then Ashlyn asked if we could do the Enchanted Tiki Room, so we were able to walk right into the next set for that.
I wasn’t sure how Miles would behave in this show, but he did awesome and loved it, too!

At this point, Miles was begging to ride the Haunted Mansion. I really don’t know what his obsession with it was, and I guess I hadn’t mentioned it before now, but he was begging to ride it ALL WEEK.

So we decided to finally put ourselves out of our misery and let him ride, LOL.

The wait time was 20 minutes, and we waited closer to 30. I think the ride stopped for a while, and that was the hold up? Not sure. But we did finally get on the ride. It was a great ride with the happy haunts.

Here’s a funny (to me) story that I’ll leave you with. We never got our ride photos from this ride, so I had to send in a request to get them.

It took weeks, but when I did finally receive them I figured out why we hadn’t got them at first. Micheal and Ashlyn broke the mask rules!!!

727764908_MEDIUM.jpg

615c4cb2-ebe9-4945-9c29-71695466b586.jpg

I laughed when I saw their picture, because it hadn’t even occurred to me that they may have done the unpardonable. Of course, it doesn’t explain why we didn’t get the other one.

I’ll leave you there for now, even though I don’t feel like this was the most happy or exciting update ever. Honestly, because of our choice to wait for 7DMT, it ended up being just an “ok" kind of day. Not to sound like a broken record, but I wish we had gone to Epcot instead 🤣.

Anywho, I’ll be back another day to finish up our trip for you!!!

We waited just over an hour and a half before I finally convinced Ashlyn we should get out of line. Up until that point, I had humored her. She REALLY wanted to ride 7DMT. But after so much prime ride time wasted, I really felt we needed to salvage the morning.
Ugh that is the worst!!!!

The float was…okay. Not my favorite, I admit, but it was cold and refreshing, so I don’t really have anything negative to say. It’s just that I don’t prefer those flavors, I guess.
Being right beside Aladdin's Magic Carpets, we of course had to catch a ride on that. We waited probably 15 minutes or so. Not bad
[/QUOTE
I don't think I would like it. Coconut is just not my thing...

It took weeks, but when I did finally receive them I figured out why we hadn’t got them at first. Micheal and Ashlyn broke the mask rules!!!

727764908_MEDIUM.jpg
I’ll leave you there for now, even though I don’t feel like this was the most happy or exciting update ever. Honestly, because of our choice to wait for 7DMT, it ended up being just an “ok" kind of day. Not to sound like a broken record, but I wish we had gone to Epcot instead 🤣.
I was going to say... ummmmm I am surprised they didn't just say, nope. and say why... Either way. Glad you got some of the photos.

We stood in line, and we waited. And we waited. And we waited.

Well, they did not open the ride before the park opened at 8AM. By 8:30 they had still not opened the ride.

Yep, hated it!
I will admit, this was a terrible start to the morning. We shouldn’t have waited so long, but it is one of those things where we decided to gamble and it turned out badly.

If you just know that about that ride, it helps to adjust the expectations. It's happened the last 3 trips I've been on, where it's been down for like 45-60 minutes before they open it. Totally don't get it, but if you're willing to ride it out, you can avoid the agitation. trust me, I had the agitation issues too!
Then we checked out the Swiss Family Tree House. Ashlyn loves this movie, and we’ve always meant to check it out, just never have.

LOVE a good stroll through the Treehouse. Never gets old!
Then Ashlyn asked if we could do the Enchanted Tiki Room, so we were able to walk right into the next set for that.
I haven't been in there in several years. Time to go back.
I’ll leave you there for now, even though I don’t feel like this was the most happy or exciting update ever. Honestly, because of our choice to wait for 7DMT, it ended up being just an “ok" kind of day.
Some days are just like that. And that's okay!!

Our Last Park Day: Magic Kingdom day 2, part 2

Well guys, my trip report is coming to an end. 😭 I left off with us riding HM. Once we finished, we met up with my family for a photo near the castle. We found a PP photographer standing in the shade beside the Christmas shop. I approached and asked if he was currently taking pictures (it almost looked like he was on a break?). He said he was, and he’d be happy to take our picture. But he was clearly uncomfortably hot. I really felt bad for asking him to take our picture. It really was so hot, and I hated to make him work! LOL

20210728_172135.jpg

20210728_172227.jpg

20210728_172413.jpg

My family had only just arrived, but unfortunately for us, my mood had just not improved. Besides that, it was HOT and the crowds were rubbing me in all the wrong ways.

We wished the fam well and prepared to head back to ASM. First, though, shopping! We hit up a few dump/gift shops. We were specifically looking for something “for" Emma, but we really had a hard time finding things that struck a cord this trip. We did find this pin we bought for her pin lanyard we keep adding to.

20210728_172153.jpg

We also browsed the Emporium where the kids bought yet more toys. On past trips, we have NEVER let our kids buy this much stuff, lol. However, this trip they each had their own money they had saved. Most of what they bought was paid for with that money.

While we were in the Emporium, Micheal got a call from his sister letting him know that her husband had been accepted into the police academy. She was pretty excited about it. He is the oldest in his class, which we keep teasing him about 🤣.

In the meantime, we also enjoyed browsing the window displays along Main Street, and we refilled Ashlyn’s popcorn bucket. I can’t for the life of me remember where or when we bought that, lol. 🍿

We at last made our way back to ASM. I did a lot of packing up, and we did some more shopping at the hotel gift shop. I got myself a “Chip" mug.

20210728_172206.jpg

Disney wildlife!!!

20210728_172242.jpg

My parents brought my niece and nephew over to swim with us at some point, but it began pouring rain just as they arrived so that plan was a bust. We did end up eating pizza together in the food court, though, and that was nice.

Soon enough we went to bed, before waking up and making the drive home around 7 the next morning. It was a lllooooonnnnggggg drive home 🤣. But it was an absolutely fantastic trip. 💗💗💗

Our plan is to go back sometime in 2022, but we don’t know when just yet. I REALLY want to go for the holidays, but we would be limited to school break times…and we’re kind of adverse to that kind of crowd level 🙄.

I can’t even tell you how happy I am that my husband WANTS to go back to WDW. Our plan will be to stay at the Dolphin again, whenever we do go. And more Epcot time will definitely be on the agenda 🤣.

Thank you all for reading along and letting me share our trip with you. I have loved reliving it! 🌈👋

BONUS PICTURES…because everyone wants a terrible room picture and bus selfie, right?! 🤣🤣🤣

20210728_172300.jpg

20210728_172310.jpg

Well, last week I saw they were accepting nominations for a scholarship. I nominated Ashlyn, and she won the scholarship! I’m so excited for her, and she’s excited to spend the week at science camp.
I know I'm late with the congrats but CONGRATS!! It's always appropriate to brag on our kids!!! Did she go to camp yet?
OMG I HATE when this happens! It happens to us too often and it's always at BTMRR since that's usually where we go at opening. WHY can't they make an announcement when a ride is down at opening? even if they don't know how long it'll last at least you aren't waiting too long before you can decide to wait it out or not. So sorry this happened and especially your last day.
We also saw some princesses above the train station!
Cool in all our visits post-COVID I haven't seen princesses up there!
Our plan is to go back sometime in 2022, but we don’t know when just yet. I REALLY want to go for the holidays
:santa:
You know even going for Thanksgiving or earlier in December gets you the holidays with lower crowds, although there's definitely something special about actually being there for Christmas ❤

Thank you for sharing with us!!!

I enjoyed reading along! I think the “new” rope drop procedure is poorly thought out.
We waited at Splash and a CM was actually rather rude and telling everyone don’t wait here, we may not open and we don’t know when we will open, she kept yelling at everyone that walked up.
I thought it was so unDisney! Well, we waited and guess what we got on quickly when it opened, just like we planned. If we would have listened to her and left we would have been in a 60-70 minute line. Ugh 😣
This was in June.
Thanks for sharing.

I know I'm late with the congrats but CONGRATS!! It's always appropriate to brag on our kids!!! Did she go to camp yet?
:santa:
You know even going for Thanksgiving or earlier in December gets you the holidays with lower crowds, although there's definitely something special about actually being there for Christmas ❤

Thank you for sharing with us!!!
Thanks! She did, and she had a great time!

I am definitely considering the week of Thanksgiving 2022. We shall see!

I enjoyed reading along! I think the “new” rope drop procedure is poorly thought out.
We waited at Splash and a CM was actually rather rude and telling everyone don’t wait here, we may not open and we don’t know when we will open, she kept yelling at everyone that walked up.
I thought it was so unDisney! Well, we waited and guess what we got on quickly when it opened, just like we planned. If we would have listened to her and left we would have been in a 60-70 minute line. Ugh 😣
This was in June.
Thanks for sharing.

Agreed! They have some kinks to work through. Thank you for reading!

I really felt bad for asking him to take our picture. It really was so hot, and I hated to make him work! LOL

It's so hard to see the CMs out in that heat for hours and hours. YUCK!!

Nice family photos!

My family had only just arrived, but unfortunately for us, my mood had just not improved. Besides that, it was HOT and the crowds were rubbing me in all the wrong ways.

Ruh-roh!! I have been there for sure!

We also browsed the Emporium where the kids bought yet more toys. On past trips, we have NEVER let our kids buy this much stuff, lol. However, this trip they each had their own money they had saved. Most of what they bought was paid for with that money.

As long as they are budgeted for though. :)

Micheal got a call from his sister letting him know that her husband had been accepted into the police academy.

Please thank him for me. It's a tough and high calling. I am so appreciative!

But it was an absolutely fantastic trip. 💗💗💗

So glad it was such a good trip for you.

I REALLY want to go for the holidays, but we would be limited to school break times…and we’re kind of adverse to that kind of crowd level 🙄.

I"ve been once at Christmas time and would like to again, but for the Storytellers at EPCOT and the DHS decorations, not just MK.

I can’t even tell you how happy I am that my husband WANTS to go back to WDW.

YAY!!!!!!

It's so hard to see the CMs out in that heat for hours and hours. YUCK!!

Nice family photos!

Ruh-roh!! I have been there for sure!

As long as they are budgeted for though. :)

Please thank him for me. It's a tough and high calling. I am so appreciative!

So glad it was such a good trip for you.

I"ve been once at Christmas time and would like to again, but for the Storytellers at EPCOT and the DHS decorations, not just MK.

YAY!!!!!!

Yes, Epcot sounds so wonderful with their holiday festivities!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter